The Cards will hold their rookie minicamp May 10-12

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
scott bordow (@sbordow)
5/10/19, 3:31 PM
Murray on first day: "I felt I was alright. Good day overall but it’s day 1 like I said. You’re not comfortable with everyone’s routes, you don’t know how they run certain stuff. With time that will obviously get better. But I thought it was a good first day."

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Glad to see all the rookies are now signed now. Hopefully they all contribute this year, it would be great if all 11 draft picks made the team.

Also...Anyone notice Kingsbury starts his answers to most questions with “Yeah...”

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had no idea Jah’Shawn Johnson was a UDFA.

If we weren’t so set at safety, I’d guarantee he would get a lot of PT his rookie year.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glad to see all the rookies are now signed now. Hopefully they all contribute this year, it would be great if all 11 draft picks made the team.

Also...Anyone notice Kingsbury starts his answers to most questions with “Yeah...”
Redd(ish) Flag:

Comparing vital stats for various Cardinals - this year vs. last - I noticed significant weight gains and losses. Most changes were on the OL.

I wonder if this merely updates bogus emeasurements or reflects serious work in the weight room (or is a result of tasty home cooking).

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score

The combination of one of the better drafts by Any team in years (on paper) and that several of those players are at a position with Thin depth Could result in most of Them making the team, But unrealistic that They all make the 53.
The Two OL Will have to beat out somebody that the AQ Or Garcia level. The WR room is flooded.
Wilson Will have to Beat out RSJ Or the blocking TE just signed from the Ravens

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The combination of one of the better drafts by Any team in years (on paper) and that several of those players are at a position with Thin depth Could result in most of Them making the team, But unrealistic that They all make the 53.
The Two OL Will have to beat out somebody that the AQ Or Garcia level. The WR room is flooded.
yes, 9 picks can make the team but keep in mind that Injuries happen unfortunately

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Every year we have 2 or 3 UDFA make the team (3 last year right? Turner, Gardeck and Sherfield), this year I don’t think that will be the case, leaving a greater opportunity for the draftees. I can realistically see 10 making it, with Miles being on the practice squad.

My one “bold” prediction this year regarding rookies, Keesean Johnson has better numbers than Hakeem Butler this season. Johnson will be considered more ready and reliable out of camp. Butler has the much higher upside but is more raw, we will probably see his impact in 2020 and beyond.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Every year we have 2 or 3 UDFA make the team (3 last year right? Turner, Gardeck and Sherfield), this year I don’t think that will be the case, leaving a greater opportunity for the draftees. I can realistically see 10 making it, with Miles being on the practice squad.

My one “bold” prediction this year regarding rookies, Keesean Johnson has better numbers than Hakeem Butler this season. Johnson will be considered more ready and reliable out of camp. Butler has the much higher upside but is more raw, we will probably see his impact in 2020 and beyond.

I agree. Johnson is more NFL ready right now than Butler. Butler has freak attributes, but will take longer to develop.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Look for the Cardinals to take a similar approach to Butler as the Chargers did with Mike Williams.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

One other variable: How each receivers are used in the passing O.

For example, I'd expect to see Butler see much more red zone attention than K-John. This will have a bearing on each guy's stats.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Did not realize rooks & vets where on field today!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score