Who picks #1 next year?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going Broncos

It's a carbon copy of the disaster the Cardinals had last year.

Defensive head coach

Not a lot of playmakers on offense

Aging vet castoff at QB with 4th rookie QB

Tough division where the top 2 spots are basically taken

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
The Worst team in the nfl is 50/50 the Worst roster and the teams that falls completely Apart.

Worst roster would be Miami Or the Bengals.

My pick to Fall Apart is the Panthers. Worst roster from Them in several years. High ambition. If Cam Doesn’t Play this team Could just tank.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Miami has the benefit of playing the Bills and Jets twice.

Denver, Tampa, Giants, or maybe even the Lions.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

The Lions and Tampa? Wow, that's a huge stretch. I wouldn't be shocked if either of those teams make the playoffs. I mean, I'm not calling it, but I wouldn't be shocked.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Giants. Eli will decline even further and their 1st round rookie won't fare better. Think of Bradford/Rosen last year. Even Saquon can't carry this team on his own. Their defense is below average at best.

And, just like the Cards in 2019, I think the Giants will go BQbA with the 2020 1st overall pick.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The Lions and Tampa? Wow, that's a huge stretch. I wouldn't be shocked if either of those teams make the playoffs. I mean, I'm not calling it, but I wouldn't be shocked.

The Lions are no better than third in their division, maybe fourth.

Tampa will improve but will still be lucky to get to .500 and probably finish 3rd.

As for who will be #1...Miami, Denver, Buffalo, NYG, Redskins, and unfortunately our Cardinals are all in the mix.

I also wouldn’t be shocked if the Jaguars completely suck again this season and don’t improve much in their 5 wins from last year.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Worst team in the nfl is 50/50 the Worst roster and the teams that falls completely Apart.

Worst roster would be Miami Or the Bengals.

My pick to Fall Apart is the Panthers. Worst roster from Them in several years. High ambition. If Cam Doesn’t Play this team Could just tank.

If Cam is out, I think that Grier may surprise people. He's accurate, knows the game of football, and has always been a winner. I could be wrong, but he may be the heir apparent to Cam, and sooner than people would have thought.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The Lions are no better than third in their division, maybe fourth.

Tampa will improve but will still be lucky to get to .500 and probably finish 3rd.

As for who will be #1...Miami, Denver, Buffalo, NYG, Redskins, and unfortunately our Cardinals are all in the mix.

I also wouldn’t be shocked if the Jaguars completely suck again this season and don’t improve much in their 5 wins from last year.
I agree they're third or fourth, but would anyone be really shocked if Trubisky regresses, Kirk Cousins just can't get it together, and the Packers haven't done enough to put pieces around Rodgers? I wouldn't put money on it, but I wouldn't be shocked.

Hell, on paper, I don't know how you don't say they're not better than us week 1.

As for Denver, I'm not seeing it. Lindsay is a legit RB, and Flacco is solid if unspectacular. I'm with you on the Jags, but think they still find a way. That defense should rebound.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have to laugh at those that see us at #1 again. It only took 60 years for us to be bad enough to earn that pick last year, and we'll do it again the very next year? Top to bottom, last year we assembled the absolute worst coaching staff ever to stand on an NFL sideline. Even with a much tougher schedule, there's a significantly higher chance we draft at 20, then we draft in the top 5.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I have to laugh at those that see us at #1 again. It only took 60 years for us to be bad enough to earn that pick last year, and we'll do it again the very next year? Top to bottom, last year we assembled the absolute worst coaching staff ever to stand on an NFL sideline. Even with a much tougher schedule, there's a significantly higher chance we draft at 20, then we draft in the top 5.
Why is there a "significantly higher chance?" Because we drafted your man-crush who hasn't thrown a football in the NFL? Because we drafted a bunch of rookie wide receivers? Because we have a rookie head coach who was just fired at the collegiate level?

Look, I'm not trying to say these guys are doomed for eternity, but there's a significant learning curve about to be smacked right in the face of our most key acquisitions. We still don't have a single difference maker on the offensive line. Our star CB, perhaps the best player on this team, is more or less holding out at the moment and isn't with the team. We're counting on a 38 year old Terrell Suggs to start 16 games with only Brooks freaking Reed to back him up. Our linebacking corps is so talented that we literally are still forced into starting Haason Reddick, who probably shouldn't even be on an NFL roster at this point.

If you think this team is likely to end up in the 20s, which essentially means either in the playoffs or just barely a game out, you really have another thing coming. I feel bad for you.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Also, I'll add why I think we have contention for the #1 spot... I think this offensive line gets Kyler hurt at some point and we are stuck playing Brett Hundley for an extended period. I'm not rooting for this to happen in any way, I just don't know.

The OL is the most confounding thing on this team. There wasn't really a point in the draft besides maybe Cody Ford where we really could have upgraded, but we have so many guys that are just meh. The only long term hope I have for any of them is Mason Cole.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Also, I'll add why I think we have contention for the #1 spot... I think this offensive line gets Kyler hurt at some point and we are stuck playing Brett Hundley for an extended period. I'm not rooting for this to happen in any way, I just don't know.

The OL is the most confounding thing on this team. There wasn't really a point in the draft besides maybe Cody Ford where we really could have upgraded, but we have so many guys that are just meh. The only long term hope I have for any of them is Mason Cole.

Please. It's quite obvious that you have Murray Derangement Syndrome & would love to see him fail. I'm sure you won't openly cheer an injury, but you'll still use it to prove your point. Once we made the decision to hire KK, then Murray had to be the logical choice at 1. You're entitled to your opinion, but you're just being whiny.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Please. It's quite obvious that you have Murray Derangement Syndrome & would love to see him fail. I'm sure you won't openly cheer an injury, but you'll still use it to prove your point. Once we made the decision to hire KK, then Murray had to be the logical choice at 1. You're entitled to your opinion, but you're just being whiny.
I don't want to see him fail. I really don't. I've been watching all of the preseason stuff, working to get hyped up, working to get excited about KK... I have no vested interest in watching this team fail. I'm still gonna kill my body and sleep schedule for a quarter of the year flying down or driving to games and back all in one day. I'm still gonna yell louder than anyone in the stands. I'm still gonna spend my money.

I'm just not very confident in this direction, and while this draft class looks good, I don't think it's enough to have an immediate impact when it comes to wins and losses.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Can we get over this stuff? KK is the HC, we took the best QB in this class with the 1st pick of the draft, which is common sense if you don't have a proven franchise QB. Bosa isn't a generational talent by any means, Quinnen is a freak but interior DL isn't a premium position.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Can we get over this stuff? KK is the HC, we took the best QB in this class with the 1st pick of the draft, which is common sense if you don't have a proven franchise QB. Bosa isn't a generational talent by any means, Quinnen is a freak but interior DL isn't a premium position.
I didn't want this to turn into a Kyler thread. It's just an unfortunate truth that we're still very much contenders to be picking in the top 5 of the draft next year, since we have a ton of holes.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Cards 2-14, after being 1st team in league history to lose 14 games in a season by 3 points or less, and all due to a missed FG during each game.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I wouldn't discount the Jets this year. I see them as the equivalent of the 2017 Bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Dolphins are going to be pretty bad...that front seven has no players. They're horrible at QB, and their offensive line was on par with the Cardinals last year.

And they just hired Steve Wilks. Flores is just a name; I think hes going to be Wilksian bad. A Patriots WR coach to call the offense? Patriots coaches have nearly uniformly failed outside of the bubble of Belichick.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Giants. Eli will decline even further and their 1st round rookie won't fare better. Think of Bradford/Rosen last year. Even Saquon can't carry this team on his own. Their defense is below average at best.

And, just like the Cards in 2019, I think the Giants will go BQbA with the 2020 1st overall pick.
No matter what they won't do that. It's one thing to go QB top 10 in back to back years but entirely another to go back to back top 6. Also, they would be able to trade out because more teams will want Tua than Murray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave