OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, you haven't seen it?

Not yet. We won the DVD/Blu-Ray/Digital Download set in a contest, but still haven't unsealed it.

Was kind of hoping they'd re-release it on the big screen for the 10 year anniversary.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not yet. We won the DVD/Blu-Ray/Digital Download set in a contest, but still haven't unsealed it.

Was kind of hoping they'd re-release it on the big screen for the 10 year anniversary.

I'm betting they re-release it before the new ones. definitely should see in a theater.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think Cameron is playing with his legacy. It was already going to have to be some next level ish to effectively recapture everyone, but now . . . it’s going to take something I can’t even conceptualize to get a “wow!” outta me.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw the first one, wasn't the least bit impressed, and will pass on the sequel(s).

This movie was so trash. Yeah I get it looked good and all that but it was pure trash how people loved it is just beyond me.

Just don’t get it. I’ll pass

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Cameron is playing with his legacy. It was already going to have to be some next level ish to effectively recapture everyone, but now . . . it’s going to take something I can’t even conceptualize to get a “wow!” outta me.

Maybe by the time it actually comes out, we'll transplant our consciousness into the movie and be there?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have reached the point where I don't care about these films any longer. I mean the first one was a circle of life story where I was more interested in the new technology for CGI and more importantly the re-launch of a new version of 3D. I mean all of my friends when they went to see this film were talking up the 3D. I hardly knew any of them that were hyping the movie itself.

I think it was a good movie. The weird thing is I would have been OK if they had stopped there. Now it's been so long and so many delays I am not excited whatsoever. I hope the new movies are good but if they never happened it's not like I would be pining for sequels.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have reached the point where I don't care about these films any longer. I mean the first one was a circle of life story where I was more interested in the new technology for CGI and more importantly the re-launch of a new version of 3D. I mean all of my friends when they went to see this film were talking up the 3D. I hardly knew any of them that were hyping the movie itself.

I think it was a good movie. The weird thing is I would have been OK if they had stopped there. Now it's been so long and so many delays I am not excited whatsoever. I hope the new movies are good but if they never happened it's not like I would be pining for sequels.
Agree with all this.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My feeling is that I am really only interested to see what Cameron does technically. I liked, but didn't love, Avatar. As far as acting goes, 2 & 3 are listing Sigourney as part of the cast, so between that and the technology I am expecting from Cameron, I'll be seeing it in the theater.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My feeling is that I am really only interested to see what Cameron does technically. I liked, but didn't love, Avatar. As far as acting goes, 2 & 3 are listing Sigourney as part of the cast, so between that and the technology I am expecting from Cameron, I'll be seeing it in the theater.

I had seen an interview early on that Cameron said that we had not maximized the potential of the new 3D format. I am wondering if this will be an attempt at saving the format since it's been slowing dying?! He said they will all be in 3D and he has some plans for that medium unless things have changed.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The original movie was OK. Visually stunning. A must see in the Theater on the Big Screen.

What blows the movie out of the water is "Pandora - The World of Avatar" at Disney World. Feels like you are in the movie. The new Flight of Passage ride is unbelievable. It's a must see if you are in the Orlando area.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The original movie was OK. Visually stunning. A must see in the Theater on the Big Screen.

What blows the movie out of the water is "Pandora - The World of Avatar" at Disney World. Feels like you are in the movie. The new Flight of Passage ride is unbelievable. It's a must see if you are in the Orlando area.

THIS!

I had read about the technology used in the Pandora attraction, so I was wound up when we got there. I wasn't disappointed. Nice, slow ride, but wow! You are there!

The flight of passage is a 1000% improvement on the old Back to the Future ride at Universal. But man oh man.... I rode a mountain banshee, shooting the curl of a giant wave!!! Talk about getting a woodie!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I am really having a hard time getting exciting for these movies. Is JC still pushing for these movies to be shown in 3D in most theaters? I read somewhere where he said these FX could revive 3D but not sure if that's changed since the excitement for 3D has dwindled.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Consider me underwhelmed. Sure the visuals look good but there was nothing "exciting" to me in this trailer.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Consider me underwhelmed. Sure the visuals look good but there was nothing "exciting" to me in this trailer.
They purposely did it that way. You'll notice there was absolutely no plot whatsoever, most teasers don't reveal it. I certainly hope there's a story but Cameron isn't exactly known for that. He is known, however, for his visuals, and the visuals are incredible. I paid a lot of attention to the eyes and they looked amazing. Most CGI characters have dead eyes and he has really been at the forefront of CGI advancement. You can't deny that. Just hope that CGI isn't all that this is about.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They purposely did it that way. You'll notice there was absolutely no plot whatsoever, most teasers don't reveal it. I certainly hope there's a story but Cameron isn't exactly known for that. He is known, however, for his visuals, and the visuals are incredible. I paid a lot of attention to the eyes and they looked amazing. Most CGI characters have dead eyes and he has really been at the forefront of CGI advancement. You can't deny that. Just hope that CGI isn't all that this is about.
No I get it. It's only a teaser. However, the problem is people were intrigued when the first teaser rolled out for the original film and excited about the "new 3D". Avatar helped sell 3D again. This isn't going to have the same impact. 3D has fallen off a cliff and yet Cameron made these sequels for this medium again. It's going to be very hard to replicate that excitement again with teaser trailers and no plot to share. I have seen teaser trailers that had me excited for the next one. This didn't do that at all....for me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose