The Man from U.N.C.L.E

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to admit, remake though it is, I'm really looking forward to this one.

Steve

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Tried to post it yesterday, but the video kept saying "Video removed by user."

OP
OP
BillsCarnage

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Have to admit, remake though it is, I'm really looking forward to this one.

Steve
I didn't think this was a remake per se. I thought it was adapting the TV show to the big screen. There had been talk over the years of making a movie, but I don't remember any actually happening until this on.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't think this was a remake per se. I thought it was adapting the TV show to the big screen. There had been talk over the years of making a movie, but I don't remember any actually happening until this on.

You're right, it's an adaptation.

Steve

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks good and looks like it's going to be fun.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not one member of the original cast even as a cameo? Weak.

I hate cameos like that so I consider it a good thing. Unless the cameo makes sense within the storyline. I would have loved seeing Sean Connery handing over his gadgets to George Lazenby for example. But giving them a bit role as something other than what they were always bugs me. Of course, it could be even worse. They could let them reprise their role (in a smaller part) like they did with Peter Graves in Mission Impossible.

Steve

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Release Date: August 14, 2015 (2D theaters and IMAX)
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Guy Ritchie
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for action violence, some suggestive content, and partial nudity)
Screenwriters: Guy Ritchie, Lionel Wigram
Genre: Action, Adventure

Starring: Henry Cavill, Armie Hammer, Alicia Vikander, Elizabeth Debicki, Jared Harris, Hugh Grant

Plot Summary: Set against the backdrop of the early 1960s, at the height of the Cold War, "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." centers on CIA agent Solo and KGB agent Kuryakin. Forced to put aside longstanding hostilities, the two team up on a joint mission to stop a mysterious international criminal organization, which is bent on destabilizing the fragile balance of power through the proliferation of nuclear weapons and technology. The duo's only lead is the daughter of a vanished German scientist, who is the key to infiltrating the criminal organization, and they must race against time to find him and prevent a worldwide catastrophe. Henry Cavill, Armie Hammer, Alicia Vikander, Elizabeth Debicki, Jared Harris, and Hugh Grant

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably going to see this over the weekend.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a good movie. My son wanted to see this for his birthday so we went. Throwback to old spy movies. Loved the cast and the humor.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Loved it! Awesome mix of humor and action. Not to mention all the freaking awesome 60's spy movie deliciousness. I thought Armie Hammer was pretty funny.

The separate beds in the hotel room, the way there was no blood or gore at all, the clothes, the gadgets. Just awesome. Guy Ritchie still knows how to make a fun movie. Tons of easter eggs and tributes to the original series.

It doesn't hurt that Alicia Vikander is even hotter when she's not being a manipulative evil robot. :) Elizabeth Debicki is not too hard to look at either. Then they had the two hunks for the ladies, (or the gents if that's your thing #respect) I really think this movie has something for everyone. Good times. :)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Finally caught up and saw it this weekend. It was ok, not bad, but on the level with Sherlock Holmes, I'd say. Except I don't like the actors in this one, especially Armie Hammer, who I don't particularly care for anyway. Henry Cavill was actually pretty good in his role, but I just kept seeing Superman everything he was on screen.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally caught up and saw it this weekend. It was ok, not bad, but on the level with Sherlock Holmes, I'd say. Except I don't like the actors in this one, especially Armie Hammer, who I don't particularly care for anyway. Henry Cavill was actually pretty good in his role, but I just kept seeing Superman everything he was on screen.

Loved Sherlock Holmes so I am great with that comparison. I actually liked the way AH and HC played off each other. Very funny IMO. Also, hopefully not everyone sees Superman every time he is on the screen. That would be bad for the future prospects of his career. The thought did cross my mind for about 10 minutes than I loved his character so it never crept back into my mind after that.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Loved Sherlock Holmes so I am great with that comparison. I actually liked the way AH and HC played off each other. Very funny IMO. Also, hopefully not every sees Superman every time he is on the screen. That would be bad for the future prospects of his career. The thought did cross my mind for about 10 minutes than I loved his character so it never crept back into my mind after that.

+1

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Just watched it again on HBO. Liked it even better 2nd time around, and I know I already said this but Alicia Vikander.... Wow. :). #top5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
What a fun movie. Guy Ritchie is just so good at making this type of film.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson