The Next Great QB Class

bennyperrin23

Veteran
Reaction score
@Harry, this thread is complete bull crap. Another lame person on here hating on the cardinals. Tired of it. Have you read my two threads about it senior writer? Probably not. Get on board with this team and not anything else.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
@Harry, this thread is complete bull crap. Another lame person on here hating on the cardinals. Tired of it. Have you read my two threads about it senior writer? Probably not. Get on board with this team and not anything else.
Dude, you obviously have no idea who Harry is, or what he’s meant to this board. Harry was in the biz and brings interesting insight and some insider information. Is he always right? No. No one is. But your take here is lame.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Raises the question - Is one QB class truly better or worse than a preceding or following draft class? Or is this mainly an illusion? (i.e. Do QB classes from year to year, have pretty much the same quantity and quality of talent)?

Harry, what do you think?
Wasnt the greatest Qb class of 83 the "greatest" ever dont quote me exactly but some guy named Marino was taken after like 4 other QBs were names like John Elway @ #1, Todd Blackledge @#7, Jim Kelly @#14, Ken O'Brien @#24 and last but not least Dan Marino at #27. Who did the Cardinals take you may ask the ever popular Leonard Smith db Mcneese State I guess it was maybe the greatest Qb class ever 3 HOF and many Super Bowl appearances and 1 or 2 Super Bowl wins (Elway)

Last edited:

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Wasnt the greatest Qb class of 83 the "greatest" ever dont quote me exactly but some guy named Marino was taken after like 4 other QBs were names like John Elway @ #1, Todd Blackledge @#7, Jim Kelly @#14, Ken O'Brien @#24 and last but not least Dan Marino at #27 who did the Cardinals take you may ask the ever popular Leonard Smith db Mcneese State I guess it was maybe the greatest Qb class ever 3 HOF and many Super Bowl appearances and 1 or 2 Super Bowl wins (Elway)

You must be registered for see images attach

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably one of the most respected posters on this board and you disrespect him. There are ways to get your point across without being an assh... I mean rude. See?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, Harry's contributions to this board are outstanding. Over the years, I always found myself wanting to know Harry's take on an issue. When I'm not in agreement, I have sometimes questioned my own position. I'll be honest though, I didn't spend too much time reading through this. For me, we HAVE our QB, and I believe he'll be great. Anything can happen, and we've all seen how cursed our franchise can be. IMO, there a much better chance that we pick in the mid 20's next year than in the top 5. My greatest argument for going Murray is that it could be a long, long time before we are in the position to take the best QB in the draft again. We had to do so much wrong (Wilks was the #1 debacle) in order to get where we were. Hell, in my 56 years as a fan, we had NEVER had the #1 pick. So I don't really want to spend time looking at next year's crop of QB's. I'm sure it was still a great read, because Harry's stuff is always outstanding.

bennyperrin23

Veteran
Reaction score
Ok I understand that Harry is a good person on our board but in my offense I was totally blown off when he said if kyler gets hurt and is done for the season. Seriously, wtf is that? Why come out and say that? Its negativity

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes, Harry's contributions to this board are outstanding. Over the years, I always found myself wanting to know Harry's take on an issue. When I'm not in agreement, I have sometimes questioned my own position. I'll be honest though, I didn't spend too much time reading through this. For me, we HAVE our QB, and I believe he'll be great. Anything can happen, and we've all seen how cursed our franchise can be. IMO, there a much better chance that we pick in the mid 20's next year than in the top 5. My greatest argument for going Murray is that it could be a long, long time before we are in the position to take the best QB in the draft again. We had to do so much wrong (Wilks was the #1 debacle) in order to get where we were. Hell, in my 56 years as a fan, we had NEVER had the #1 pick. So I don't really want to spend time looking at next year's crop of QB's. I'm sure it was still a great read, because Harry's stuff is always outstanding.

Every once in awhile a player that alot of people miss on while other people champions, comes out and takes the league by storm.

I think Murray is that guy. He's an ultra competitive alpha Male with elite traits. I think he is the type of player who can be transformative. I agree, no reason to talk QB because the Cardinals have their guy.

I've seen Hebert play. I've seen the other "top" QBs for this class and none of them are as good as Kyler Murray.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
If Harry is right about next year's QB class (And yes I know this past draft wasn't his best inside info from his friends) but let's say he bounces back next draft. If we have a high draft pick, and since we probably won't need a QB, a LOT of teams will be looking to move up to draft a QB from one of the GREAT QB classes ever. Bottom line, we'll secure a handful of picks by moving back. By the 2020 season will be at or near the top. Can't wait.

I’m sorry I did not mean next year’s class would be “great.” I was trying to have a little fun with that phrase. It’s way too early to be certain of any pool. We’ve all seen guys fail to come out then have a bad year. I was just giving the board something about which to talk.

As to inside info I try to give you what I get, but the frequent contradictions do show how confusing things are out there even in front offices. I rarely found inside info to be consistent or reflect long held opinions. This year was tough because there were so many highly rated players to choose amongst. Look at how bad even professional mock drafts were. CBS changed dramatically literally every week.

For my part I no longer tape 7-8 games and spending my week dissecting them. I did target a few more games & players last year when I ended up posting much more than I expected. I’ll be 72 when the season is in progress. Hopefully someone else will get interested in this board enough to post this type of info. I pulled Dave Te in, but a personal tragedy in his life ended much chance of that happening. Most of these guys are reluctant to give away stuff they’re getting paid to collect.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Raises the question - Is one QB class truly better or worse than a preceding or following draft class? Or is this mainly an illusion? (i.e. Do QB classes from year to year, have pretty much the same quantity and quality of talent)?

Harry, what do you think?

Wasnt the greatest Qb class of 83 the "greatest" ever dont quote me exactly but some guy named Marino was taken after like 4 other QBs were names like John Elway @ #1, Todd Blackledge @#7, Jim Kelly @#14, Ken O'Brien @#24 and last but not least Dan Marino at #27. Who did the Cardinals take you may ask the ever popular Leonard Smith db Mcneese State I guess it was maybe the greatest Qb class ever 3 HOF and many Super Bowl appearances and 1 or 2 Super Bowl wins (Elway)

Certainly the pool turns out to be better some years than others. However, until they get on the field we’re just making educated guesses. It’s hard to argue with ‘83.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I ignore Harry, he wants to put km as already hurt. That’s garbage.

So Harry doesn`t pump sunshine and lollipops to appease the rabble.Harry is always a interesting read and offers insight...….I don`t always agree but it is always interesting to read a different perspective instead of cheerleader type nonsense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson