Kyler Murray Signs along with 5 other Rookies today (05/09/19)

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.azcardinals.com/news/kyler-murray-among-six-draftees-to-sign-cardinals-contract

Murray, second-round cornerback Byron Murphy, third-round defensive end Zach Allen, sixth-round wide receiver KeeSean Johnson, seventh-round offensive lineman Joshua Miles and seventh-round tight end Caleb Wilson all signed their initial NFL four-year deals.

Murray’s contract comes with it a fifth-year team option for the 2023 season. His salary cap number was set at $6.39 million with a signing bonus of $23.59 million, figures that were locked in by the collective bargaining agreement.

1st Rd - Murray - signed
2nd Rd - Murphy - signed
2nd Rd - Isabella - Not yet
3rd Rd - Allen - signed
4th Rd - Butler - Not yet
5th Rd - Thompson - Not yet
6th Rd - Johnson - signed
6th Rd - Gaillard - Not yet
7th Rd - Miles - signed
7th Rd - Dogbe - Not yet
7th Rd - Wilson - signed

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
They also cut DL Pasoni Tasini, WR Jalen Tolliver, OT Justin Evans, OG Zach Golditch, OG Will House and OT Brant Weiss.

More will be cut when the other rookies are signed too.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Awesome news let the oline and murray gel early!

Very good job cards!

Lll remember the waddsworth buster days signing as season starts

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That’s a lot of guaranteed coin for a guy who’s only played one full season of college ball
MB going make that back in jersey sales alone by the time season starts. There's a reason he keeps smiling like the Cheshire cat around the rook lol

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can the unsigned guys participate in rookie camp?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard (@Kyle_Odegard)
5/9/19, 5:08 PM
Kyler Murray will get about $35M over the four years of his rookie deal. That's about $30M more than the MLB signing bonus he gave up, and still a great value for the Cardinals if he pans out.

Odegard has his math wrong somewhere. A's gave him $4.6M signing bonus and then sweetened the pot by offering $14M fully guaranteed via a league waiver on top of that. He would have collected close to $19M had he joined the team. Yes, he's getting about $16M more with the cards, but that's a long cry from $30M more.

I'm more convinced now that the Cards had told him he was their pick before the combine, perhaps even before declaring. If he had fell to where Haskins he would have have a net loss. If he was second QB taken it would have been nearly a wash. When you look at how the Giants reached for Jones I think they wanted an Eli clone and Murray was not it. Sure, another team who didn't take a QB in the top 10 may had seen the value with KM if he was available and taken him, but I think it is just as likely he falls out of top 10.

I think that explains why he didn't compete at the combine and went thru the motions on pro day and without running. He was told it was a lock and he was playing not to lose as opposed to trying to move up the boards. The only reason KM didn't just blow off the combine and pro day all together was that would signal that Cards were taking him without question and Keim in his infinite wisdom wanted to make everyone believe we were keeping Rosen right up until we were on the clock thinking that would somehow net us a #1 pick Rosen. Keim is the embodiment of "hold me beer."

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
It's been mentioned in various places that - other than Murray at this point - a lot of the uniform numbers may change once the roster has been paired down to the final 55.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know this is meaningless, but my thoughts:
QB Kyler Murray, #1 - painting a bigger target on his back, but like the swagger
CB Byron Murphy, #33 - not a big fan of 30s for cbs
WR Andy Isabella, #89 - at least it’s in 80s
DL Zach Allen, #97 - love it for DE
WR Hakeem Butler, #17 - not feeling it
S Deionte Thompson, #30 -prefer 40s for safeties but 30 has nice balance to it
WR Keesean Johnson, #19 -works for a work pail type guy
C/OG Lamont Gaillard, #65 - fine
OT Joshua Miles, #66 - prefer 70s for tackles
DL Micheal Dogbe, #91 - fine
TE Caleb Wilson, #84 - Gresham makes have ruined this number for me.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is meaningless, but my thoughts:
QB Kyler Murray, #1 - painting a bigger target on his back, but like the swagger
CB Byron Murphy, #33 - not a big fan of 30s for cbs
WR Andy Isabella, #89 - at least it’s in 80s
DL Zach Allen, #97 - love it for DE
WR Hakeem Butler, #17 - not feeling it
S Deionte Thompson, #30 -prefer 40s for safeties but 30 has nice balance to it
WR Keesean Johnson, #19 -works for a work pail type guy
C/OG Lamont Gaillard, #65 - fine
OT Joshua Miles, #66 - prefer 70s for tackles
DL Micheal Dogbe, #91 - fine
TE Caleb Wilson, #84 - Gresham makes have ruined this number for me.
wait, did we officially cut gresham?

edit: googled. we did. good.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
wait, did we officially cut gresham?

edit: googled. we did. good.

Thank God! Never understood keeping him and letting Darren Fells go.... All I remember Fells doing was catching everything thrown his way....and trucking a few guys before he went down.