2019 Arizona Diamondbacks transactions

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Two lead Catchers and a third Catcher with experience playing corner IF and OF positions available.

It's about time we stopped carrying four Catchers.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks)
5/9/19, 3:15 PM
#Dbacks recall right-handed pitcher Jon Duplantier from the Triple-A Reno ⁦‪@Aces‬⁩ and option Taylor Clarke to Reno.

Guess this will be the ride for these two this season... up & down throughout the year. Not sure I'm totally onboard with this philosophy, however, I am not one to argue much with Hazen and Torey...

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Guess this will be the ride for these two this season... up & down throughout the year. Not sure I'm totally onboard with this philosophy, however, I am not one to argue much with Hazen and Torey...

It may start out that way but it could also change quickly with an injury or a roster move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Rays series with the bullpen usage dictated this - they need a fresh arm up. Question is, who will get the next start? Clarke or Duplantier?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Just what we need...another below average catcher...
As I posted in today's game thread . . .

Before being hurt, Avila was not only a solid defensive Catcher, but he was, by far, our best hitting Catcher.

1Sun, you, I and one or two others were in the same camp on the Suns board about (what appeared to
us to be) the obvious deficiencies about Igor as Head Coach. And Sarver as meddling Investor.
And that proved to be right.

But, here on the D-backs board, I notice that you post only negative comments in every thread.

We're in second place, for cripes sake. They D-backs must be doing something right, despite the
shortcomings of our starters and relievers. And the 21st Century syndrome of Major League
hitters to lift everything into the air, especially when facing a tough Pitcher.

If you are going to seek the worst, at least seek the best as well. Rays of sunshine are a good thing. :clapping:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
That is the best thing they could do for his development. It is a relief to hear it. Pardon the pun. :)
Let him get back to his routine of four games between appearances as a starter on a regular basis.

When the D-backs decide that Godley is not a starter, bring back Duplantier to fill that role.

It was asinine to bring up a rookie, then have him play a new position at the Major League level.

Hopefully, I won't have to post that anymore.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That is the best thing they could do for his development. It is a relief to hear it. Pardon the pun. :)
Let him get back to his routine of four games between appearances as a starter on a regular basis.

When the D-backs decide that Godley is not a starter, bring back Duplantier to fill that role.

It was asinine to bring up a rookie, then have him play a new position at the Major League level.

Hopefully, I won't have to post that anymore.

Like I said, Duplantier should have taken Godley's spot from the beginning.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
See my new thread -- Player development.

Torey admitted that he gave player development a lower priority.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I hope that means they will use him in 'what got him here' -- late inning relief on a regular basis.

If he makes it, great. If he can't at the Major League level, it will be no worse, considering the
disappointments of Archie and Yoshi in the 7th-8th inning appearances.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
SAN DIEGO (AP) -- The Arizona Diamondbacks have placed infielder Wilmer Flores on the 10-day injured list with a bruised right foot, retroactive to Monday, and recalled Ildemaro Vargas from the Triple-A Reno.

Flores left Sunday's game against the Giants after being hit with a pitch. He was hitting .373 with two homers and 12 RBIs in his last 20 games. Overall, he's hitting .281 with two homers and 14 RBIs.

Vargas had been optioned to Triple-A on May 10.
https://sports.yahoo.com/diamondbacks-place-flores-injured-list-recall-vargas-024520256--mlb.html

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nick Piecoro (@nickpiecoro)
5/25/19, 10:26 AM
It could be that the Diamondbacks are moving away from carrying three catchers, though they still have Blake Swihart, who has played only outfield since coming over. Club also has Caleb Joseph in Triple-A. We’ll see what they have to say.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Nick Piecoro (@nickpiecoro)
5/25/19, 10:26 AM
It could be that the Diamondbacks are moving away from carrying three catchers, though they still have Blake Swihart, who has played only outfield since coming over. Club also has Caleb Joseph in Triple-A. We’ll see what they have to say.
It's about time they made this move. With two Catchers and a third primarily playing the outfield
(where he is not that good a fielder), it should give us a stronger offense, while having it covered.
We don't need four Catchers tying up the roster.

And give the majority of the playing time to Avila, who has power and is a good defensive Catcher,
instead of twice every five games. If, as I've posted, they don't bat him 8th in front of the Pitcher,
where he has been pitched around. We desperately need his bat in the lineup on a regular basis.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson