Looking for a DT

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is Pugh Dead?

Hump - Sweezy - Shipley - Pugh - Gilbert

Garcia, Cole, Gaillard & other OT

I really think we will be much improved just with health. And I think every O-Line needs health to be good. If you think about it...... We could have 4 of our 5 starters be brand new from last year.

In Short..... we need help still, and upgrades would be great. But we probably are going to go from bottom five in the league to around middle of the pack just by (hopefully) being more healthy.
Every one of our Oline starters have a history of getting injured. It will happen again this year. I’m too lazy to start a poll thread but how many will end up on the IR this season?

I say at LEAST 3 of our starters along the offensive line will end up on IR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
O line
O line
O line

DJ Humphries - LT
J.R. Sweezy - LG
Mason Cole - C
Denver Guard free agent - RG
Gilbert - RT

Cardinals are insane thinking these guys can protect Murray - you gotta be high

Murray is going from playing with one of the best offensive lines in college to one of the worst in the NFL. How is he going to handle losing more games than he wins? How is he going to handle getting sacked 40+ times/season? Will he get hurt? Will he quit and go back to baseball?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray is going from playing with one of the best offensive lines in college to one of the worst in the NFL. How is he going to handle losing more games than he wins? How is he going to handle getting sacked 40+ times/season? Will he get hurt? Will he quit and go back to baseball?

Will he eat cheese? What if he is lactose intolerant? Does he use deodorant? How can he drive a car if he puts his shoes on the wrong feet? How will he run if he puts shoes on the wrong feet and doesn't lace them properly?

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last I heard the Cards have 22 Oline on roster including the 2 rookies. If they can find 1 or 2 diamonds in the rough out of the rooks, udfa's it's a win in my books.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Last I heard the Cards have 22 Oline on roster including the 2 rookies. If they can find 1 or 2 diamonds in the rough out of the rooks, udfa's it's a win in my books.
Yeah, the problems last year were Cole being inserted before he was ready, but he was game. Iupati was a shell of his hey day. Pugh underwhelmed and Smith just was finished from the get go. The reserves weren't much of an upgrade or to much of a downgrade from awful either. Gilbert will solidify the right side along with Pugh or Sweezy. Better T play will improve that side of the line. A year getting stronger and experience should help Cole. Garcia is a legit b/u. I like Cunningham as well. The Ga. rook they took late has promise at C/G as well. Their starters and reserves look to be at least average at PB and above at RB. Which will be important for a multidimensional offensive attack. We're better prepared and stocked to handle injuries along the OL this coming season.

As to the original topic. Heck yeah to McCoy. Who's smoking something with regards to trading Kirk. Won't ever happen, we finally have a viable WR corps.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would be really happy if they signed either Suh or McCoy. I think they could use another defensive tackle, and while I have always liked McCoy, Suh was really dominant in their playoff-run last season.

I would also really like them to go after another edge rusher, and I would still very much like Shane Ray. I just don’t know how good of an idea it is since Vance Joseph haven’t brought him in. Of course, we don’t know if he actually wants to, but the decision makers just haven’t done it.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I would be really happy if they signed either Suh or McCoy. I think they could use another defensive tackle, and while I have always liked McCoy, Suh was really dominant in their playoff-run last season.

I would also really like them to go after another edge rusher, and I would still very much like Shane Ray. I just don’t know how good of an idea it is since Vance Joseph haven’t brought him in. Of course, we don’t know if he actually wants to, but the decision makers just haven’t done it.

Suh has been a jerk since he was at Nebraska, McCoy is considered a legendary and historically poor pick and Shane Ray was trouble out of the gate. Bidwill and Keim created an entirely new franchise this offseason. No need adding trouble

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Suh has been a jerk since he was at Nebraska, McCoy is considered a legendary and historically poor pick and Shane Ray was trouble out of the gate. Bidwill and Keim created an entirely new franchise this offseason. No need adding trouble

As far as I know there has never been troubles with Suh internally on a team, and you would be very hard pressed to find any controversial things on the field from the last several years.

McCoy was considered a stud for the Bucs for years, which is also why they gave him a seven year-contract extension in 2015. As you might know from several of my posts, I don’t put any stock into the Pro Bowl, but since I know a lot posters on this board do, it might be of interest that last year was the first in six years that he did not get selected. No, he has been nowhere near a draft bust.

Shane Ray has never lived up to expectations, but he certainly wouldn’t be the first to benefit from a change of scenery if that were to happen.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every one of our Oline starters have a history of getting injured. It will happen again this year. I’m too lazy to start a poll thread but how many will end up on the IR this season?

I say at LEAST 3 of our starters along the offensive line will end up on IR

At least two. Humphries and Pugh are a given.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
....huh?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forget Suh. He’s going to want too much money. I say let’s get through ota’s and see what we got. Don’t forget the June 1st cuts that will be coming.

Any dire needs will be filled thru the waiver wire in August.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

LOL McCoy was a historically bad pick?

In what world is a THREE TIME 1st team ALL PRO a bad pick?

First you talk about one of the least valuable positions being a huge need (NT) and then you say a great player was a bad pick....

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
And remember that we have waiver priority thru the start of the season IIRC

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Websites say DT...

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
NT and DT are two different positions. In Philly’s 4-3 he was a tackle. In his prime he played in a 3-4 with the Ravens as an end.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
NT and DT are two different positions. In Philly’s 4-3 he was a tackle. In his prime he played in a 3-4 with the Ravens as an end.

Right....which is why it's peculiar that a poster or two have been talking about him playing a position he never played.

In Philly's 4-3, he was the NT, but a 4-3 NT and 3-4 NT are two entirely different animals.

The Cardinals have often used more of a penetrator at 3-4 NT as opposed to a space eater. The biggest advantage of this is that it helps more against the pass rush. The space eater variety is virtually useless on passing downs.

NT and 2 down ILB only have use on certain run plays.

Dexter Lawrence is the type of lineman who is traded for a 5th round pick two years from now.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
LOL McCoy was a historically bad pick?

In what world is a THREE TIME 1st team ALL PRO a bad pick?

First you talk about one of the least valuable positions being a huge need (NT) and then you say a great player was a bad pick....

I did not know he was an All Pro, Krang. Thank for telling! It obviously only enhance my thought that it would be an interesting signing. He is also supposedly a great presence in the locker room.

My one doubt would be that it is Bruce Arians and Todd Bowles that are trying to trade him. I don’t know much about Vance Joseph’s defense, but from what I have read, I don’t think it is that different from Bowles’.