Buccaneers sign Kerwynn Williams

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought he was decent at what he did. He was never meant to be a feature back but he filled in OK.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I thought he was decent at what he did. He was never meant to be a feature back but he filled in OK.

The problem with Williams is that he can ONLY run the football. He's a horrid blocker (remember that kick block where he was leveled? I think it was the Pats game) and can't catch a lick. He doesn't do well on special teams. He's a pretty one dimensional player, but he's not even great at his one dimension. Unless he's your lead back, he's a liability at everything else.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw this too. Happy for him. I’m not sure how anyone here could be less than appreciative of his play. Dude ALWAYS answered the bell for us. We had backup and third string qb’s under center with teams stacking the box because we were zero threat to throw and he was still making things happen. I’ll always root for Kerwynn.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kerwynn makes sense as he provides some depth, but everyone here already knows that they signed Andre Ellington, right??

That is the head scratcher...

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Didn’t he play with cracked ribs last year? Or am I confusing him with another back?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ridiculous for anyone to hate on a guy who worked hard for us and is getting another opportunity to continue his career.

Why do people here hate on guys so much? So KW wasn't a 1,000 yard back, so Drew Stanton wasn't a #1 QB. They came in, did their jobs, and helped us win some games. Best of luck to Kerwynn and those around him.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Williams is a good back and I still think he provides the same running advantages, if not more than Edmunds... sucks when you are not drafted in the first couple of rounds and you are a solid player and people constantly take advantage of you because you have no acknowledged props

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ridiculous for anyone to hate on a guy who worked hard for us and is getting another opportunity to continue his career.

Why do people here hate on guys so much? So KW wasn't a 1,000 yard back, so Drew Stanton wasn't a #1 QB. They came in, did their jobs, and helped us win some games. Best of luck to Kerwynn and those around him.

Why do you hate on the Cardinals starting Quarterback?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Why do you hate on the Cardinals starting Quarterback?
Just because I don't think he'll be a success doesn't mean I don't root for the guy to succeed in life. There's a lot worse people in the NFL. Unless Murray trash talks us or breaks the law, I'll wish him the best in baseball.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Williams is a good back and I still think he provides the same running advantages, if not more than Edmunds... sucks when you are not drafted in the first couple of rounds and you are a solid player and people constantly take advantage of you because you have no acknowledged props
Eh, I really think Edmunds is going to surprise you this season. Honestly, after Kirk, he’s the sophomore player I expect to make a good leap.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is kind of what led to BA’s downfall he’s loyal to a fault

I agree. Loved BA's overall approach to the game (no risk it, no biscuit), but he always tried to get just a little too cute. I think that Keim's reaches for small school draft picks may have had BA's fingerprints all over them. I love an arrogant approach, but he took it too far the last couple years.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh, I really think Edmunds is going to surprise you this season. Honestly, after Kirk, he’s the sophomore player I expect to make a good leap.

I agree. Edmunds was the ONLY reason we beat the Packers in GB. I think he'll be a surprise weapon in KK's system.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What downfall? Bruce went 8-8 with Drew Stanton and Blaine Gabbert starting a ton of games and David Johnson starting 1 game.

I bet Arians wins more games than Kingsbury this year.

Maybe not downfall but the reason he’s not the coach anymore