What Cardinal moments of 'ugh' stick most in your memory

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
this one is probably the biggest SMDH ever in Cardinals history.

OMG...someone getting hurt shouldn't be amusing...but somehow that just makes me want to laugh. That, indeed, is a big SMDH moment in Cards history.

Thanks Cheese for resurrecting that nightmare....LOL

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG...someone getting hurt shouldn't be amusing...but somehow that just makes me want to laugh. That, indeed, is a big SMDH moment in Cards history.

Thanks Cheese for resurrecting that nightmare....LOL

the fact that he did it... on a 34 yard FG... in the FIRST QUARTER is what made it beyond epic.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Josh McCown final pass completion of 2003 that cost the Cardinals the top pick still reverberates in my memory.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ugh to put it lightly. I am not saying these are the most significant, though they might, but what moments stand out to you. There are four for me in no particular order. The time Antrel Rolle was ripped from the record books when he had three ints returned for a touchdown but one was called back on a bogus call. The game in '84 when I believe EJ Junior was flagged for a bogus call of roughing Theismann which helped prevent the Cardinals from winning the game for the division against Washington. The game in regular season when in '98 the Cardinals lost to the Cowboys at home when Rob Moore was mugged in the endzone and a no call for pass interference which even Deon Sanders admitted happen and lastly that freaking catch in the Super Bowl which allowed the Steelers to win

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Also in that 84 game against Washington, although I was thinking it was 85, but I might be wrong? I remember that bogus call on EJ Junior, I also remember NO (our kicker) running onto the field with no timeouts & the clock winding down to kick the game winner. He didn't really have time to set up, just run on to the field & kick almost in one motion. It was wide right if memory serves me correctly? I also hate the game winning catch in the SB by SH, but the one that blew my mind in that game was the 99 yd interception return for a TD by JH right before halftime. That one killed us more so than the game winner. I still to this day don't know why they didn't run the ball on that play with EJ?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Santonio Holmes for sure.... happened right in front of me... last pic I took that night right before the "catch". :thud:

You must be registered for see images attach
not gonna lie, hard to drum up any sympathy for someone with........UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE SEATS AT THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Not the best, but throwing them out here..

Game at Bengals in 2011 - after Jerone Simpson hurdled over DWash, Early Doucet tripped over his own feet on a wide open TD to blow the game.

58-0 at Seattle in 2012, especially when PP21 let the punt go right through his hands

Ahhh, the end of the Whisenhunt era!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Josh McCown final pass completion of 2003 that cost the Cardinals the top pick still reverberates in my memory.

That was one of the best moments for me. Just win, baby.

We got the same player we would have drafted at 1 so it's all moot in the long run...

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Thinking about it, that reminds me of the time we got a 15 second runoff on a game winning field goal thanks to holding. I believe that was Levi Brown, and against the Rams?

Oh goodness, I remember that.

I got one for you.

The game where the Rams fumbled a snap and the Cardinals recovered. All they had to do was run the clock out, literally could have taken a knee. They ran a running play, and Warner fumbled the snap and gave the ball right back to the Rams who of course went down the field, scored, and won the game.

Very Cardinals-esk.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The Double Deuce.

John Skelton, some how, being sacked for a safety on two consecutive offensive snaps. .......we won that game, BTW. LOL

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
the fact that he did it... on a 34 yard FG... in the FIRST QUARTER is what made it beyond epic.

I was at that game.

I had no idea what happened, but all of a sudden, there is Pat Tilman kicking the ball off.

FYI, we lost that game because we had to go for it on 4th down a few times in the red zone. ......ugh, the game winning drive for the Giants was 4 slant patterns in a row in front of David Barrett.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Easy. 2015 NFC Championship. Spent the whole week confident that we would beat the Panthers, and when we didn't do it, it was brutal. Having to go into school the next day with a bunch of hyped up Panthers fans was the worst.

I laughed pretty hard watching Von Miller destroy Cam.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't McCown throw a pass to LJ Shelton in the endzone for a safety?

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Remember that idiotic behind-the-back-pass Jake Plummer attempted against the Raiders?

You must be registered for see images attach

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Gramatica ACL celebration

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

For me that is the ultimate image of everything the Cardinals are, have ever been, and possibly always be. They should just show that when anyone looks up or ever googles the Cards. In the near future when short videos can be inscribed on one's business cards, when someone asks who our team is, we just need to hand them a card and that will show and tell them all they need to know.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was one of the best moments for me. Just win, baby.

We got the same player we would have drafted at 1 so it's all moot in the long run...

That was a good draft either way. There were some good quarterbacks in the 2004 draft even in a trade down with the number 1 pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA