MCU: Avengers: Endgame

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
no i think you’ve got it wrong. Instead once he decided to stay there would’ve been a point in time where there would’ve been two Steve Rogers for decades. And I don’t buy that he wouldn’t have informed SHIELD of Hydra’s infiltration. Which means a LOT of the future would change. When they said “the future doesn’t change” I was like WHAT?!? That’s not even possible. I mean, we saw when Steve decided to stay it obviously changed his girlfriend’s future.

I guess it all depends what part in time he decided to stay in. Was it after he was lost in the ice and he just lived that part in time, then the other Cap was found and thawed out and now you have 2 Caps, one young and the other old? Like I said, when movies use time travel, they never seem to get it right or just make it up to fit the narrative.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no i think you’ve got it wrong. Instead once he decided to stay there would’ve been a point in time where there would’ve been two Steve Rogers for decades. And I don’t buy that he wouldn’t have informed SHIELD of Hydra’s infiltration. Which means a LOT of the future would change. When they said “the future doesn’t change” I was like WHAT?!? That’s not even possible. I mean, we saw when Steve decided to stay it obviously changed his girlfriend’s future.

here's my question when I think about it a little more... depending on when Cap went back, say he went back to the 50's to live his life with Agent Carter, doesn't that mean that SHIELD prob stops looking for frozen Rodgers and if they did, doesn't that mean he's stuck in ice for the rest of his life? If that's the case, that REALLY screws with the Avengers timeline. It also means that there's a world where maybe they DO find him and someone is able to Winter Soldier frozen Cap and turn him into a bad guy, possibly setting up a Cap v. Cap movie at some point down the road... which would be kinda awesome.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are two main axioms at play here.

#1. Nothing can be done to change your future.
#2. If you do change your future, you are just creating a new thread in the multiverse. That is the place where the change occurs.

The ancient one tries to explain it when she says by giving you this I am dooming my future.

This is proven by Thanos coming forward in time and dying. The moment that happened that future occurred in a different universe than this one. So there is a Marvel universe now where the snap never happened. For this one, the snap both happened and Thanos died twice.

There is also a timeline where Loki wasn't killed and never helped out Thor in his movies since he escaped. Now that Loki from Avengers 1 is still out there and never had his redemption arc.

Further, Gamora never fell for Starlord and has no allegiance to the Guardians, which is why she just leaves at the end of the movie.

Finally for Cap, everything happened to him in the past. Anything he did to change the future just created more alternate timelines

It's incredibly convoluted but it basically allows for universe hopping. It's the basic explanation of why their are so many realities in Into the Spiderverse

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There are two main axioms at play here.

#1. Nothing can be done to change your future.
#2. If you do change your future, you are just creating a new thread in the multiverse. That is the place where the change occurs.

The ancient one tries to explain it when she says by giving you this I am dooming my future.

This is proven by Thanos coming forward in time and dying. The moment that happened that future occurred in a different universe than this one. So there is a Marvel universe now where the snap never happened. For this one, the snap both happened and Thanos died twice.

There is also a timeline where Loki wasn't killed and never helped out Thor in his movies since he escaped. Now that Loki from Avengers 1 is still out there and never had his redemption arc.

Further, Gamora never fell for Starlord and has no allegiance to the Guardians, which is why she just leaves at the end of the movie.

Finally for Cap, everything happened to him in the past. Anything he did to change the future just created more alternate timelines

It's incredibly convoluted but it basically allows for universe hopping. It's the basic explanation of why their are so many realities in Into the Spiderverse
yes what you set forth makes 100% sense. Particularly in light of what the ancient one laid out. But I would be shocked if Marvel were to ever choose to explore any of that. I think it would be too confusing. They’ll just let all that drop.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A totally different question:

I realize that they’d likely never cross over movie stars with television stars (other than Coulson, right?), but the MCU was meant to include these movies and the defenders, daredevil, etc Netflix characters. If the world was in such danger why wouldn’t they enlist the aid of those guys? I mean, maybe I can understand passing on daredevil, but Luke Cage and iron fist could’ve been some help, no? And it’s not like they were in a remote unknown area . . . they were in NYC and basically neighbors of the avengers.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I give it an 8/10...three hours actually passed fairly quickly. Some cliche moments, but all in all a solid movie.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Also, I loved Cap's uniform in this movie. Finally got the scaly breastplate design. My favorite was his original from WWII. That was an awesome, pragmatic spin on an otherwise silly concept. But as his uniform evolved over all of his appearances, I thought there were mixed results. This design could have been a swerve back to awful translation of a comic book drawing, but it worked so well!
You love America's ass!

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simply incredible, exceeding my expectations, even with its warts. 9.5 out of 10,

Humor was just right. Hulk was out-frickin'-standing.

And we were nearly on the floor laughing with "Airbag" Thor. Both me and the bride agree with Ouchie on this.,....

Definitely will see it again.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Simply incredible, exceeding my expectations, even with its warts. 9.5 out of 10,

Humor was just right. Hulk was out-frickin'-standing.

And we were nearly on the floor laughing with "Airbag" Thor. Both me and the bride agree with Ouchie on this.,....

Definitely will see it again.

Like melted ice cream. :lmao:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have enjoyed the Marvel movies, my favorite of all so far was Thor: Ragnarok, I haven't felt much emotional attachment for the characters that said...
I was misty on probably... 2 or 3 moments in this movie. Seriously, I was taken aback by this revelation. Here I thought I was becoming detached as I got older and I watch some made up guy in red white and blue spandex pick up a made up hammer from a god I don't believe in... then pumping my fist as my eyes mist up... what the hell?

Yes, they played fast and loose with time travel, but doesn't every time travel movie do the same?

In back to the future how does old Biff return to the same future with Marty and Doc after giving young Biff the Almanac that makes him rich?!?! TELL ME!!!

It's a movie with wizards, space gods, pegasus, and some jewelry that hold sway over all reality, time, space and our souls... I am surprised how many people have a bone to pick with our gamma ray, steroid, spider, magic and Norse god powered characters using time travel as a plot device.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have enjoyed the Marvel movies, my favorite of all so far was Thor: Ragnarok, I haven't felt much emotional attachment for the characters that said...
I was misty on probably... 2 or 3 moments in this movie. Seriously, I was taken aback by this revelation. Here I thought I was becoming detached as I got older and I watch some made up guy in red white and blue spandex pick up a made up hammer from a god I don't believe in... then pumping my fist as my eyes mist up... what the hell?

Yes, they played fast and loose with time travel, but doesn't every time travel movie do the same?

In back to the future how does old Biff return to the same future with Marty and Doc after giving young Biff the Almanac that makes him rich?!?! TELL ME!!!

It's a movie with wizards, space gods, pegasus, and some jewelry that hold sway over all reality, time, space and our souls... I am surprised how many people have a bone to pick with our gamma ray, steroid, spider, magic and Norse god powered characters using time travel as a plot device.

8/8

And don't forget a wisecracking raccoon! :D

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

you raise really good points. I had the same reaction when cap wielded the hammer and axe.

And you got me thinking about why we pick apart certain incredulous things (like the time travel) but are content with others (like magic, super spider, gamma, etc). I think part of it is because we know for each character we are just supposed to accept these things are given parts of their reality. We aren’t supposed to question those elements bc it’s part of their lore. But time travel isn’t inherent to them so we question it. Also, I think another reason we tend to question time travel is that we can somewhat understand the potential paradoxes that occur in the movies, so we feel empowered to question them whereas most of us have little insight into radiation or mysticism and thus have no intellectual basis to effectively question it.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Other fan theories going into Endgame that I wish had made it into the movie:

A mid-credit scene showing the gamma radiation released from the multiple snaps spreading over the earth and activating a latent x-gene in an unknown child.
Captain America and Red Skull cross paths one more time.
A new hero (Adam Warlock) randomly showing up (i.e. Black Panther in Civil War) to kick-start a new franchise
The snap didn't really kill everyone. It just split the universe into two, each holding half the original population.
Rocket meets real raccoons on Earth and becomes their leader.
Deadpool runs onto the battlefield in a mid-credits scene, after everything is over, saying something like, "Sorry I'm late, the merger took forever!"

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deadpool runs onto the battlefield in a mid-credits scene, after everything is over, saying something like, "Sorry I'm late, the merger took forever!"

Even if the had an Easter Egg with Deadpool showing up in the background of one of the big fights it would have been awesome.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
For anyone wondering, because I know I was!
Anyone else notice the unknown teenager at the funeral standing all alone? The Russos confirmed that it was the kid from Iron man 3. Same actor just grown up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the unknown teenager at the funeral standing all alone? The Russos confirmed that it was the kid from Iron man 3. Same actor just grown up.
I wondered. But I don’t even remember that kid.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you raise really good points. I had the same reaction when cap wielded the hammer and axe.

And you got me thinking about why we pick apart certain incredulous things (like the time travel) but are content with others (like magic, super spider, gamma, etc). I think part of it is because we know for each character we are just supposed to accept these things are given parts of their reality. We aren’t supposed to question those elements bc it’s part of their lore. But time travel isn’t inherent to them so we question it. Also, I think another reason we tend to question time travel is that we can somewhat understand the potential paradoxes that occur in the movies, so we feel empowered to question them whereas most of us have little insight into radiation or mysticism and thus have no intellectual basis to effectively question it.

you know what I'm most incredulous about? Where the hell did Scarlett Witch's accent go?!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So got to see it with my boys today (9 and 7). Their reactions:

9 year old that has tough time sitting through movies: when is this over, when is this over, when is this over? Despite painting his hair purple for the movie. Then at the end, “ they end all this with a kiss?!?”

7 year old who loves movies and black panther is all over his bed, room, and where’s a black panther hat every day: when black panther came back he literally jumped out of his seat and yelled “I knew it!” After Infinity War and black panthers death he yelled, at the top of his lungs, in the theater, “I HATE THIS MOVIE!”

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Perfect. Was wondering who that kid was but forgot to look.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When Cap joined Peggy, that created an alternate branch. He returned, per the directors, to his home universe, after she passed. I had a hard time wrapping my head around it in the theater, thinking they broke their own rules, but it makes sense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When Cap joined Peggy, that created an alternate branch. He returned, per the directors, to his home universe, after she passed. I had a hard time wrapping my head around it in the theater, thinking they broke their own rules, but it makes sense.

I give them a lot of credit. That looks pretty well thought through.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I haven’t seen this yet but still super excited even though I know everything that happens by now.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Saw this last night. It was good, but it was not great. I think there were some let let downs.
For all of the power Thor has, he didn’t even get a lick in on Thanos.

Captain Marvel was a complete throw away character. She was useless except for saving TS and Nebula which was a complete joke. How did she just show up right in front of the ship.

Her fight with Thanos was worthless.

So many stars with little to nothing to do or contribute.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this last night. It was good, but it was not great. I think there were some let let downs.
For all of the power Thor has, he didn’t even get a lick in on Thanos.

Captain Marvel was a complete throw away character. She was useless except for saving TS and Nebula which was a complete joke. How did she just show up right in front of the ship.

Her fight with Thanos was worthless.

So many stars with little to nothing to do or contribute.

Everyone and their brother knew how powerful her character was from the comics and all the articles about her character. The easy thing would have been for her to come in and wipe the floor with him and it would have been over in 2 minutes. That would have been way to easy way out.

Also, what do you mean show up right in front of the ship? I mean you see her get brighter which means she was flying towards the ship. If you mean how did she find them? The inference is she was working with the Avengers for weeks (post the end credit scene from Infinity War). She either had been searching for them or sometime (Rocket knew approximately where they were) or maybe some of the messages that Tony/Nebula were sending were found.

Wow..that is really thorough. Although I am still trying to process how Cap crossing back and forth fits. The Russo brothers did indicate that Cap, the Stones and him going back and them coming back to our timeline could be a movie all in itself.

Last edited: