Robert Nkemdiche aka "The Inactive One"

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The closest so far has been Bucannon who was forced to play out of position. He was adaqate at best but he's gone now too. Funny how there are still more Rod Graves 1st round picks making a positive impact on this team than Keim 1st round picks.

Bucannon couldn't play safety. He would've been awful. He couldn't cover anyone.

Humphries was a good pick, just hasnt been able to stay healthy. When healthy, he has been the unquestioned starter.

An unquestioned starter on one of the worst OLs in the NFL. Sounds awesome for 9 games a year. Pay him $40 million a year.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucannon couldn't play safety. He would've been awful. He couldn't cover anyone.

An unquestioned starter on one of the worst OLs in the NFL. Sounds awesome for 9 games a year. Pay him $40 million a year.
Not saying we should extend him or anything, just that I cannot fault Keim for the guy getting injured. When he is not injured, he is a quality player and nothing like nkemdiche. Even Cooper might have been good but broke his leg in the first camp and never could play afterward.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not saying we should extend him or anything, just that I cannot fault Keim for the guy getting injured. When he is not injured, he is a quality player and nothing like nkemdiche. Even Cooper might have been good but broke his leg in the first camp and never could play afterward.

He was constantly injured in college. You get a demerit for drafting a constantly injured college prospect and then acting surprised when he can't stay healthy at the next level.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the fifth year option would have been quite a bit higher

as an example --

DJ Humphries rookie contract averaged $2.6mm

his fifth year option (this year) that the team picked up is $9mm for 1 year

so i would guess that picking up Nkemdiche's fifth year option for next season (2020) would have been in the $9.5mm range. Kind of a no-brainer to decline

No. Closer to $7.5m.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
14 of the 32 first round choices from the 2016 draft have either not had their fifth year option picked up or are no longer with the team that drafted them.

Fifth-year salaries are determined by draft position. The first 10 picks earn pay equal to the average of the 10 highest salaries at their position. The remainder of the first round is the average of the third through 25th highest salaries at the position.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The closest so far has been Bucannon who was forced to play out of position. He was adaqate at best but he's gone now too. Funny how there are still more Rod Graves 1st round picks making a positive impact on this team than Keim 1st round picks.

Humphries is the only one that comes to my minds who is still around.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oh really. Name me a Keim 1st round pick that has made any sort of an impact. I'll wait. And I don't give a flip what "analysis" you dredge up. Anyone with 2 eyes know that Keim is HORRIBLE at drafting.

I won’t go down to your level of debating, so I will just let you figure it out yourself.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I won’t go down to your level of debating, so I will just let you figure it out yourself.
No, you know you lost the argument so you're taking your ball and going home. I asked you to name one Keim 1st round pick that had an impact on this team but you're refusing telling me to figure it out. Everyone else knows the answer is zero but you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, you know you lost the argument so you're taking your ball and going home. I asked you to name one Keim 1st round pick that had an impact on this team but you're refusing telling me to figure it out. Everyone else knows the answer is zero but you.

You said tell me one person but do not add analysis. So, essentially, you are closing the conversation prior to it starting. No reason to have it.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
You said tell me one person but do not add analysis. So, essentially, you are closing the conversation prior to it starting. No reason to have it.

I don't think there is any analysis needed, just look at the list below and pick one.

2013 G Jonathan Cooper
2014 S Deone Bucannon
2015 T D.J. Humphries
2016 DT Robert Nkemdiche
2017 LB Haason Reddick
2018 QB Josh Rosen

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is any analysis needed, just look at the list below and pick one.

2013 G Jonathan Cooper
2014 S Deone Bucannon
2015 T D.J. Humphries
2016 DT Robert Nkemdiche
2017 LB Haason Reddick
2018 QB Josh Rosen

Okay so the question is "Name me a Keim 1st round pick that has made any sort of an impact".

Humphries and bucannon.

No analysis. No discussion on people's definition of impact. There you go.

Reddick is a ? Until we see what he does this year.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

2013 G Jonathan Cooper
2014 S Deone Bucannon
2015 T D.J. Humphries
2016 DT Robert Nkemdiche
2017 LB Haason Reddick
2018 QB Josh Rosen

Well, can we take some solace in the fact that Keim is due to be right on first round pick? :)

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Like I said, I won’t sink down to your level of debating. You like to degrade people, I like to respect people, so we can’t talk together. It is what it is.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like I said, I won’t sink down to your level of debating. You like to degrade people, I like to respect people, so we can’t talk together. It is what it is.
Didn't degrade anyone. Just stated the facts and the facts are, Keim has had 6 previous opportunities to draft an impact player in the first round and in those 6 draft picks, none were of any significance to this team and only 2 remain and those 2 have been marginal at best. I can't help the facts. They are what they are.