How do you honestly feel about Kyler Murray?

How do you honestly feel about Kyler Murray?

• Couldn't be more excited and feel we may even have drafted a HofF QB

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Glad we have him over Rosen and am expecting good things

Votes: 30 23.1%
  • I'm on board with him, but still have mixed feelings regarding going w/ him over Rosen

Votes: 54 41.5%
  • Not happy at all having him as our QB, but will remain a strong Cardinal fan

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Hate that we took him, expect him to fail, and the sooner the better for all of us

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Don't feel 1 way or the other, but do wonder what he would look like in a silky negligee

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Something to note and something that still baffles me:

If Kyler loves Kliff as much as people have purported, why didn’t he go to Texas Tech? He had two opportunities to commit to Kliff with his high school recruitment and transfer.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

If Kyler loves Kliff as much as people have purported, why didn’t he go to Texas Tech? He had two opportunities to commit to Kliff with his high school recruitment and transfer.

I think Murray loves winning more. DUECE.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score

Have you ever been to west Texas? Its a Mormon dust bowl. Need I say more.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I just want to add that it appears that the only ones even questioning the potential and future of our offense with Kyler Murray are some of us fans. I have heard nothing but excitement and raves about what to expect from the Cards offensively. Every sports pundit on every tv show I watch day and night seems as excited as a lot of us do. They rave about our WR corps, DJ, and all the support we are giving around KK and his system. They seem to think the time is right for what we are doing. They do mention and question our OL, but always add that that is why we need a Murray over Rosen. They seem to think Rosen could be great in Miami, but Murray is right for us now.

Just throwing that out. Seems a bit ironic.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is understood by many.

The missing part of this breakdown, is that the players on the other side of the ball defending against the offense are much more talented as well.

The offense may work better when the wide open players have talent, but how well does it work when what was once "wide open" is only "NFL" wide open ?

There in lies the question, and what we will all find out.
More talent in the NFL to defend against it yes, but it's a wide open uptempo offense & when ran with talented WR's, I like it's chance of success.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think that's pretty fair Cardsfankinlouky.

I agree with everyone who's stated that the KK hire is quite the leap of faith.

But one thing that I'm pretty confident about is that we'll see some above average offensive schemes, and some above average play calling in 2019.

KK was a dangerous offensive game planner for TT. in his last three years at Tech, KK's offenses were ranked 2nd, 23rd, and 12th in the nation.

That's at a school that is in god forsaken West Texas. How you could get any kid, let alone a talented football player, to spend three or four years voluntarily in lubbock is beyond me.
Like world's better above average compared
I think that's pretty fair Cardsfankinlouky.

I agree with everyone who's stated that the KK hire is quite the leap of faith.

But one thing that I'm pretty confident about is that we'll see some above average offensive schemes, and some above average play calling in 2019.

KK was a dangerous offensive game planner for TT. in his last three years at Tech, KK's offenses were ranked 2nd, 23rd, and 12th in the nation.

That's at a school that is in god forsaken West Texas. How you could get any kid, let alone a talented football player, to spend three or four years voluntarily in lubbock is beyond me.
Like waaaaay above average compared to last season lol. KK was left the scraps of Texas (players) after Oklahoma, LSU, Texas, Baylor & a host of other schools took the players they wanted from the state.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
If we took him 33rd overall I would probably be on board probably keeping him and Rosen - don’t think raiders, giants orredskins would have took him - maybe Denver? It’s the whole trust me to find a unicorn after Steve Wilks hiring fail. What the hell give the unicorn a shot - with card fans money and heart and soul- they can all be gone next year - and we fans remain in purgatory. Now media not saying how much smarter Cards are than other front offices - saying wtf! Let’s watch this train wreck!

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Murray's a stud. You can click anywhere in this video and see an amazing throw. Kingsbury will have us scoring immediately.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Murray's a stud. You can click anywhere in this video and see an amazing throw. Kingsbury will have us scoring immediately.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I have some complaints, but man does this remind me how much I actually miss watching football after a long season.

It always takes me a bit to get back into it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Man I love how little time it takes for the ball to get from his hand to the receiver. That, and his accuracy, are the two things that give me hope that he can make it in the NFL.

Has anyone used the phrase "Kyler Murray era" yet? If not, I'd like a copyright on those words please.

That's what jumps out the most and how he leads his receivers to open areas even when they are covered.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I watched his baseball clips today. No doubt whatsoever that he has generational superpower.

I could care less about SK, MB, KK, or KM. I just want to see the region (and the boys on the field) win.

I’m a Rosenite... I’m hoping KM is ready.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’ll be rooting for Kyler but are you saying that he’ll be better than Q and Rosen combined?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He could be.

If Rosen becomes an average QB and Murray becomes a good QB, the difference between average and good is probably more than the wins added from Q Williams.

QB is much more important than DT.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
He could be.

If Rosen becomes an average QB and Murray becomes a good QB, the difference between average and good is probably more than the wins added from Q Williams.

QB is much more important than DT.
Let's fire up the ol' war engine again.

And if Kyler becomes an average QB too? Boy oh boy, would I rather have a fallback option.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's fire up the ol' war engine again.

And if Kyler becomes an average QB too? Boy oh boy, would I rather have a fallback option.
Are your fallback options guaranteed to be above average as well? No guarantees in life man. Oh, except that whole death and taxes thing. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave