Cardinals sign TE Maxx Williams on a 1 year deal

Dante

All Star
Reaction score

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I do think they need a TE that has to be taken seriously as an inline blocker, but who also can at least go out and catch a 8 yard hitch

the problem with RSJ and Caleb Wilson is that teams wont treat them as TEs -- i.e. assume their presence on the line means "run"

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do think they need a TE that has to be taken seriously as an inline blocker, but who also can at least go out and catch a 8 yard hitch

the problem with RSJ and Caleb Wilson is that teams wont treat them as TEs -- i.e. assume their presence on the line means "run"
at least wilson can catch the football instead of stone hands RSJ

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maxx Williams is a good blocking tight end. Baltimore was interested in bringing him back and New Orleans also had interest. Baltimore tendered Williams but he chose to not sign making him a free agent.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is sooooo big Murray can hide behind him.
did u see murray inside the pocket making big throws with 6'6 lineman 3 yards in front of him?
he can throw a laser in a few inches window bending his arm to make any possible angle

thats why he had just few throws deflected near the line of scrimmage

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cardinals signed TE Maxx Williams, formerly of the Ravens.
The No. 55 overall pick of the 2015 draft, Williams entered the league as a hyped pass-catching prospect but has seen his career derailed by injury, including a devastating 2016 knee ailment. On the surface, Kliff Kingsbury's air raid would seem to be an encouraging place for Williams to try to revive his career, but Kingsbury rarely involved his tight ends in the passing game at Texas Tech. Although he just turned 25, the ship has probably sailed on Williams having a productive NFL career.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
RSJ flashed in a couple games in 2017. That's it.

never took the step forward in 2018 -- but again, nobody on offense did much

this is an offense that suits him, but he better show something in the preseason--