Over/under for wins this season.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Biggest question is what does Vegas say the win differ is with Murray vs Rosen.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
True, I actually thought about that when i listened to the predictions on my CBS sports app. Vegas wasn't wrong on us last yr, it will be interesting to see. Actually I just looked it up, Vegas has us at 5 (-120).

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Vegas is a betting line to draw in the punters, nothing more.

That’s incorrect most the money coming in on season props comes from more smart money. Joe public will put down his $20-$100 on his team but the sharps will put down thousands on multiple teams. If every sharp thought Murray was going to make a huge difference they would have adjusted the juice which they haven’t.

Pre draft cards were at 5 with the over being +110, after the draft and FA the move has been 20 cents. Nothing major.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 wins would be an improvement but that would be very disappointing, considering hiring a head coach that runs an offense to score a lot of points. Plus the talent upgrade at WR & on defense. The Rams went worst to first a couple yrs back & I would bet the analyst predicted about the same win total for them also? We shall see, it can be done. 8-8 with a chance to win more, play or two here & there short from being 9-7 or 10-6 would be best case scenario imo. Obviously that best case scenario or more would be better.

The schedule is really difficult based on the road miles. Look at this stretch before the bye week.

10/6 10 AM at Bengals 1577 miles each way

10/13 1 PM Home Falcons

10/20 10 AM at Giants 2138 miles each way

10/27 10 AM at New Orleans 1312 miles each way

10/31 5:20 PM home 49ers

11/10 11 AM at Bucs 1790 miles each way

11/17 2:05 PM at 49ers 653 miles each way

That is 12,316 miles traveled in an 7 week span.

BTW, while we are flying cross country for two straight weeks before hosting the 49ers on 3 days rest, the 49ers have a home game on 10/27 so they will be more rested than us hosting the game.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We probably should have won 5 last year...... TAKE THE OVER.

I'm and 6 - 10 or 7 - 9 personally.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
7-10. depends on turnovers. the game is basically who wins turnover battle. But KK offense will be hard to defend first 4-5 games and we play our easy games early. We still have a very good defense. and David Johnson is going to have huge lanes to run through

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You need to be realistic.

As good as I think Murray is - he is a rookie. Rookie QB's don't have winning seasons.

I am thinking 6 or 7 wins is likely - and if we are competitive in every game, I will be happy with that.​

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Floor: 4-12

Ceiling: 7-9

I'm going with 6-10. I don't think injuries will be as big a factor, the defense will play better, but the offense will be a work in progress.

I think the Cardinals pick up 2 wins in the early stretch of the season, and have a losing streak in the middle, followed by improved play at the end. This season is going to be a journey but will end on a high note.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
That’s incorrect most the money coming in on season props comes from more smart money. Joe public will put down his $20-$100 on his team but the sharps will put down thousands on multiple teams. If every sharp thought Murray was going to make a huge difference they would have adjusted the juice which they haven’t.

Pre draft cards were at 5 with the over being +110, after the draft and FA the move has been 20 cents. Nothing major.

I didn't realize the change was so insignificant. Stick with Vegas...they don't make it a habit of losing money.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am going to say 5 wins at present. Keep my expectations intact. This will likely slide based on what I see in preseason (although I recognize preseason lies).

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Floor: 4-12

Ceiling: 7-9

I'm going with 6-10. I don't think injuries will be as big a factor, the defense will play better, but the offense will be a work in progress.

I think the Cardinals pick up 2 wins in the early stretch of the season, and have a losing streak in the middle, followed by improved play at the end. This season is going to be a journey but will end on a high note.
7-9 ceiling? That seems quite low to me to be a ceiling. They will likely play at least 10-12 games in which they will have a chance to come away with the win. Therefore I would have to put the ceiling somewhere in there. Assuming they come away with around half of the games that they keep close and have a chance to pull out then I would guess 5-7 wins, but they could very well pull out a high percentage of those game.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
This legal weed in Rhode Island is good but I want what y’all are having thinking this can be a 10 win team in this division. We will be lucky to win 2 of our 6 division games never mind all the games on the east coast.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
4-9 wins everything in between is possible, we might not be top notch, but hopefully we are entertaining and win one or two games more than we should.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This legal weed in Rhode Island is good but I want what y’all are having thinking this can be a 10 win team in this division. We will be lucky to win 2 of our 6 division games never mind all the games on the east coast.

This team was flat out horrible last year and they still had a real shot at 6-10 and maybe even should have gone 6-10. The fact is that for the vast majority of NFL teams their games are pretty consistently close and if your team comes up with enough plays in the 4th quarter they will end up with a lot of wins. We don't yet know how good the team will be on either side of the ball so IMO any definitive statement like saying the team has no shot at 10 wins is misguided. The NFL isn't like most sports where teams rarely make big turnarounds. Every year in the NFL there are teams that won like 5 games the year before winning 10+ games the next year and vice versa. That has a lot to do with so many games coming down to the final couple possessions.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
If we have the ball on last drive with a chance to win in nearly half our games I'll be happy. Throw in a 3 or 4 where we have the lead and they have the chance for the winning drive. So that adds up to a guess of say:

a. out of 6 where we have possible last minute drive: +2
b. out of 4 where we have lead and they have chance for winning drive: +2
c. out of 6 where 1 team is beaten handedly: +2

Total wins w/ deviation of 1: 6

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Thinking 3-5 wins.

But they’ll sing Kk to an extension because McVay won the super bowl.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
This team was flat out horrible last year and they still had a real shot at 6-10 and maybe even should have gone 6-10. The fact is that for the vast majority of NFL teams their games are pretty consistently close and if your team comes up with enough plays in the 4th quarter they will end up with a lot of wins. We don't yet know how good the team will be on either side of the ball so IMO any definitive statement like saying the team has no shot at 10 wins is misguided. The NFL isn't like most sports where teams rarely make big turnarounds. Every year in the NFL there are teams that won like 5 games the year before winning 10+ games the next year and vice versa. That has a lot to do with so many games coming down to the final couple possessions.

Okay so instead of losing by 21 points this year they lose by 10. Progression doesn’t have to result in wins. I don’t see any upgrade at CB2 and I think all the teams in our division are still pretty far ahead of us. Oh yeah plus that offensive line we have. We are going to have to heavily rely on at least 4 rookies which normally is not a good thing.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the new TE splash in FA it went from 5 to 5.25