Stability should be the key word for the Suns from now on

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am of the opinion that we as fans over rate our own talent. It's good to watch playoff teams and see guys and teams and compare them to how our guys and team play. My impression is we are NOT that talented, and certainly not that deep as many of the teams in the playoffs. We have a ways to go. That's why I do see value in guys like JJ and TJ because you do need depth on your team. Holmes is also a great back up. We need PF starter and back up player. I notice we lack bigs on our team. So basically we are only set at Center as far as the Ayton/Holmes combo and the SF position with countless guys. We need a good back up for Booker, two PGs and two PF's. I think we need at least 5 good upgrades before we are a legit NBA team, imho.

I think the Suns have talent but they need more. So we agree on this. A starting quality point guard would do wonders for this team.

Add a point guard and some size, I think the Suns will be very competitive. Booker, Ayton and Oubre are a nice young core to build around.

When a team doesn't have a starting point guard and strength at power forward they are going to look bad.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So do all the other tankers from last year. Your as bad as 1 Sun. Go find a better team because the Suns are going to lose next year too.

These sort of blanket "Who is the better fan" posts just aren't conducive to any community as a whole.

Anyone spending their time posting on a message board is clearly a great fan.

We might all disagree about the direction but ALL of us are fans.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It would be nice to hire a head coach someday, that has ever been a head coach before. We keep acting like a minor league proving ground with our leadership choices. Combine rookie coaches with rookie players and you end up looking like this.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It would be nice to hire a head coach someday, that has ever been a head coach before. We keep acting like a minor league proving ground with our leadership choices. Combine rookie coaches with rookie players and you end up looking like this.
I think that's why their prioritizing Monty Williams quite highly.

I'm surprised Joerger wasn't interviewed considering the success he had with a young Kings team this season.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think that's why their prioritizing Monty Williams quite highly.

I'm surprised Joerger wasn't interviewed considering the success he had with a young Kings team this season.
I am surprised Joerger hasn't been identified with any of the openings. Maybe something we don't know?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am surprised Joerger hasn't been identified with any of the openings. Maybe something we don't know?

Or maybe it's something we do know. I posted about comments from Kings fans concerning his flexibility and game planning (IIRC those were some of the specific complaints) but on top of that he has reportedly clashed with 2 different front offices. He may get another chance. Let's face it, George Karl did much the same and he ended up coaching several teams but he doesn't quite have George's pedigree either so it might take awhile. Perhaps he'll land on someone's staff and work his way back.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson