How many teams wanted to trade up for number 1 to draft Murray?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Who knows? And who really cares?

Kyler Murray is the Arizona Cardinals starting Quarterback.

Gruden in Oakland took a solid, but not special defensive end at #4 overall. He took a solid, but not special RB and Safety later in Round one. IMO their moves were awful; taking two non-premium players when much better players were available at more important positions is stupid. So who cares what they think?
Yep move on!

Some here are acting just like the left with the Prez when no evidence was found to nab him lol

It’s ridiculous doing this crap day in, day out

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does that apply to the Murray is great and best player in the draft threads also?

100% See my poll.

Every thread right now is ending up with the same people just arguing the same things over and over.

You notice I have completely stopped discussing it. It's tiresome

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's annoying as hell.

You aren't going to change that the Cardinals view Kyler Murray as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Whine and whine and whine, but he is your starting QB.

Josh Rosen sucked golf balls through garden hoses last year and you people love the craptastic suckfest we had last year. @Chris_Sanders clearly demonstrated how few QBs that sucked like Rosen made it in the NFL, and yet you people would sign up for that again when there was a clear out.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont care. hes not a fit for every system. it will go really well or fail miserably, we will see. I am trying to be very optimistic about it because it is what it is at this point.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Telling me to "sack up" and get over it.Nice moderating Chris..I asked a freaking question and who is being a jerk now? You are not the opinion police or thought. patrol.

Commenting is not moderating. Moderating is cleaning threads, changing titles, locking threads and etc.

He is our QB and no matter how much bitching happens, it wont change.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% See my poll.

Every thread right now is ending up with the same people just arguing the same things over and over.

You notice I have completely stopped discussing it. It's tiresome

I got sick of it months ago

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
You might be more obsessed with Murray than the “Murrayites”. :lol:

I asked a simple freaking question.I really wanted to know if there was any interest in trading up for Murray.If that is pisses people off then do be it.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I asked a simple freaking question.I really wanted to know if there was any interest in trading up for Murray.If that is pisses people off then do be it.
I haven't been able to find anything that says yes maybe someone else did but so far the answer is NO

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How many teams tried to trade up for Tom Brady? Aaron Rodgers? drafting is not an exact science. But he has huge upside. its worth the gamble ...
Rosen had a chance to impress . Jake Plummer was twice as good as Rosen

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No there wasnt sinply because the Cardinals brass decide to pick Murray long time a go

Even gruden praised Murray a lot but at one point he said "he wont be there when we pick"

It wasnt an option trading that pick

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Apparently Mayock didn't want to take any risks at all in the draft, be it in terms of character flaws or technique deficits. He passed on much better athletes with character or technique question marks. I think the reason is that their roster has been lacking consistent and dependable players. So he got 3 players in the 1st round that are more likely solid NFL starters rather than superstars, maybe even below average in terms of 1st round talent. But they will play hard, mistake-free football and set a new tone for the Raiders franchise. They continued this trend in rounds 2 to 5 as well, selecting fundamentally sound football players without big upside. Time will tell, but building a solid foundation sometimes pays off. They for sure avoided a Reddick or Nkemdiche type pick, where projection and athleticism are higher valued than actual production and football IQ. We made those high upside picks because we falsely believed that we are close, living in the past. At least Mayock has recognized that the Raiders aren't close and need solid football players more than flashy high risk prospects.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who knows? And who really cares?

Kyler Murray is the Arizona Cardinals starting Quarterback.

Gruden in Oakland took a solid, but not special defensive end at #4 overall. He took a solid, but not special RB and Safety later in Round one. IMO their moves were awful; taking two non-premium players when much better players were available at more important positions is stupid. So who cares what they think?
I'm with you on that, lots of other players on the board more talented than the ones the Raiders actually drafted. All the football gurus on t.v. & radio are salivating over their picks. I think our draft was better than theirs. I haven't seen one overall draft grade for us below an "A" so far & I've looked at a bunch of them.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Abraham Lincoln poo - ancient history haha

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Apparently Mayock didn't want to take any risks at all in the draft, be it in terms of character flaws or technique deficits. He passed on much better athletes with character or technique question marks. I think the reason is that their roster has been lacking consistent and dependable players. So he got 3 players in the 1st round that are more likely solid NFL starters rather than superstars, maybe even below average in terms of 1st round talent. But they will play hard, mistake-free football and set a new tone for the Raiders franchise. They continued this trend in rounds 2 to 5 as well, selecting fundamentally sound football players without big upside. Time will tell, but building a solid foundation sometimes pays off. They for sure avoided a Reddick or Nkemdiche type pick, where projection and athleticism are higher valued than actual production and football IQ. We made those high upside picks because we falsely believed that we are close, living in the past. At least Mayock has recognized that the Raiders aren't close and need solid football players more than flashy high risk prospects.
I understand what you're saying, Nkemdiche & Reddick so far haven't lived up to their potential but we have a solid foundation at several positions, definitely not all. Imo, Reddick was a BA pick because of playing at his Alma mater, Nkemdiche is just lazy. The draft is a crap shoot for any team though, i like our draft to go along with the foundation we have in place at several positions though. We could've done more at the OL & LBer positions though, I'm sure the signings of Gilbert, Sweezey & Hicks caused that. Time will tell on our picks but I think this is our best draft in several yrs.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I can't say I'm not a little tired of rehashing it too, but every time someone decides to bring up how great he is, I have a hard time not engaging.

But I really, really hate the concept of "he's your guy now, so stop complaining." No? I will continue to be a critic until proven wrong. It doesn't make me less of a fan.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose