UDFA signings

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I'm liking Gardeck to step it up this year, he did great on ST's last year IMO. Zeke Turner was making some plays as well. I know what you are saying which is why I said a gem.

Didn't we have a LBer last year with the last name Cash? IIRC he was making some splash plays but then went on IR.

I don`t think he`s around anymore( Jeremy Cash).Gabe Martin either.I didn`t see them on the listed roster at the official site.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m hoping we don't end up counting on either as a primary backup. But both have ST value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the opposite, I'm hoping that we start finding and developing more talent from UDFA's and lower rd picks. Tony Jefferson is the most recent example.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I'm liking Gardeck to step it up this year, he did great on ST's last year IMO. Zeke Turner was making some plays as well. I know what you are saying which is why I said a gem.

Didn't we have a LBer last year with the last name Cash? IIRC he was making some splash plays but then went on IR.
That dude was tearing it up then tore up his knee

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
How do guys with grades that high go undrafted? What are their red flags?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I follow Iowa State and I believe he might have played most of the season with a torn or partially torn pectoral muscle but played through it. It wasn't disclosed till after the season.

Like someone said he's a tough guy. He will get beat once in a while because of his size but he is never out of position. Always locates the ball. He's one of those guys that plays the position like he and the receiver share the same jersey.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cardinals signed Iowa State CB Brian Peavy.
Peavy (5’8/192) was a four-year starter in the Cyclones’ secondary, registering 15 career TFLs with 44 pass breakups, six picks, and six forced fumbles and earning second-team All-Big 12 in each of his final two seasons. He was PFF College’s No. 1-graded Big 12 corner in 2018, yielding just a 52.5% catch rate when targeted. Although Peavy ran a molasses-slow 4.69 forty at Iowa State’s Pro Day, he shined in the three-cone drill (6.81) and may be able to overcome his lack of long speed as a slot corner, where Peavy’s plus tackling and playmaking ability make him a good fit.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't see anybody who could crack the lineup at RB on this list.

Johnson, Edmonds and is it Logan? I forget. Coleman FB never was used, I think... Gonna be ok with this?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not comfortable with our rb situation. I don’t believe Edmonds can carry a heavy work load. Logan we have no idea. Foster looked good last summer but he is coming back from injury. If anything happens to DJ where do we turn. I believe we will pick up a veteran off waivers when all is said and done.

Reactions: PJ1

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Don't see anybody who could crack the lineup at RB on this list.

Johnson, Edmonds and is it Logan? I forget. Coleman FB never was used, I think... Gonna be ok with this?

Don't forget DJ Foster, if he is recovered from his injury his receiving skills and play on special teams might get earn him a spot on the active roster. I like Logans speed but he never seemed to get a chance under the last staff maybe he will this year.

I think most of these UDFA's are competing for the Practice Squad no better.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I follow Iowa State and I believe he might have played most of the season with a torn or partially torn pectoral muscle but played through it. It wasn't disclosed till after the season.

Like someone said he's a tough guy. He will get beat once in a while because of his size but he is never out of position. Always locates the ball. He's one of those guys that plays the position like he and the receiver share the same jersey.
I'm pulling for him but can a tiny dude with super position skills survive in the NFL? Is there a limit on the number of small guys we carry on our roster in addition to Murray (i.e. will bigger teams know they can bully us)?

Note - one UDFA list has Peavy as a Try Out candidate. True?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
William Street was a draftable tackle.. interested to watch him, he probably has better short term potential than our 7th round pick given he came from bigger school/played against better competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Seema like 20+ years ago, the Cardinals had 3 or 4 impressive UDFAs every year.

Guys like Ron McKinnon and WR Kevin Jordan (UCLA receiver who had better numbers than Keyshawn) who were really good college players.

Now it's a rarity and the team brings in hot garbage like William Powell.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hope that is a mistake and he is actually getting an opportunity with us.

I dont know how much of an opportunity he would get.

With PP21, Alford, Murphy, and Brock at the top of the depth chart, he would have a tough time making it. Hed be competing with Amerson and Nichols and I doubt he wins.

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
Seema like 20+ years ago, the Cardinals had 3 or 4 impressive UDFAs every year.

Guys like Ron McKinnon and WR Kevin Jordan (UCLA receiver who had better numbers than Keyshawn) who were really good college players.

Now it's a rarity and the team brings in hot garbage like William Powell.
Are you serious? I'm not even sure Kevin Jordan made our roster that year, and if he did he didn't finish the season on it for sure. I would think fewer UDFA might just be a reflection of having more picks this year.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it is for a tryout or signed. He twritter says K2 is giving him a opportunity.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Are you serious? I'm not even sure Kevin Jordan made our roster that year, and if he did he didn't finish the season on it for sure. I would think fewer UDFA might just be a reflection of having more picks this year.

Basically we filled 2 spots just by having extra 7th rnd picks which should reduce the number of UDFAs. You could add the 6 rnd as well. The good news we should have better talent since we got a head start.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jordan appeared in 1 game, didn't touch the ball. Hot Garbage Powell appeared in 13 and touched the ball 79 times. I didn't get the inclusion of Jordan either as a good UDFA example.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Jordan appeared in 1 game, didn't touch the ball. Hot Garbage Powell appeared in 13 and touched the ball 79 times. I didn't get the inclusion of Jordan either as a good UDFA example.

He was one of my personal favorites from a long time ago. Had a really good year at UCLA and played well in the preseason. I guess not really a great inclusion LOL.

My point is that years ago, the Cardinals seemed to have more of an emphasis on UDFAs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA