The Gift

Release Date: August 7, 2015
Studio: STX Entertainment
Director: Joel Edgerton
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriter: Joel Edgerton
Genre: Thriller

Starring: Jason Bateman, Joel Edgerton, Rebecca Hall

Plot Summary: Can you really go through life having never wronged anyone? Even if you are unaware of how, or when, and even who you may have wronged....chances are there is someone out there who won’t ever forget it...or you. Simon and Robyn are a young married couple whose life is going just as planned until a chance encounter with an acquaintance from Simon’s high school sends their world into a harrowing tailspin. Simon doesn’t recognize Gordo at first, but after a series of uninvited encounters and mysterious gifts prove troubling, a horrifying secret from the past is uncovered after more than 20 years. As Robyn learns the unsettling truth about what happened between Simon and Gordo, she starts to question: how well do we really know the people closest to us, and are past bygones ever really bygones?

You must be registered for see images attach

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Even the trailer made me incredibly uncomfortable. Definitely going to have to see this.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sure. This movie does look scary. Will see this one for sure

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I thought it was great. Phenomenal performances by all 3 actors. Seriously one of the best suspenseful movies I have seen in years. Jason Bateman has way more range than I gave him credit for.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We really enjoyed this last night. At one point, the 3 of us jumped out of our seats and my wife and I spontaneously yelled, along with several others in the theater. Then I couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes, I was so embarrassed.

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I will be the dissenter...my wife and I saw this and thought it was a stinker. Very few suspenseful moments, to us anyway. Waste of $20.00 IMO. Glad some liked it.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We really enjoyed this last night. At one point, the 3 of us jumped out of our seats and my wife and I spontaneously yelled, along with several others in the theater. Then I couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes, I was so embarrassed.

Haha was it the shower scene? Because the guy behind me in the theater literally YELLED, at the top of his lungs: "JESUS!"

Oh man it was funny, the whole theater laughed for a few good seconds.

And Dutchman, that's all good buddy. Different strokes for different folks. Everyone seemed to loved Ant man and I've seen it twice and I still dont get why people are raving. It's all about our personal preferences and mood at the time. :) That's one thing I love about the movies and why I LOVE this part of the forum, so many good discussions.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be the dissenter...my wife and I saw this and thought it was a stinker. Very few suspenseful moments, to us anyway. Waste of $20.00 IMO. Glad some liked it.

Im with you neither me or my GF were impressed. No real true suspense to speak of.. Very slow moving and the ending was awful..

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was just creepy enough for me to enjoy it. I didn't think it was too slow moving, paced about right for the type of film it is. Cast was excellent. Not a must see, but definitely worth the price of a ticket... but then, I only pay senior rates...

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I love psychological thrillers and this one was creepy. Bateman and Joel Edgerton were outstanding. Great ending.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave