OK, I'm In

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was never out but was very much against KK hire and Murray draft. Onward and hope like hell it all works out.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I’m in but it was a painful wake up call for me. This is the best collection of draft picks I have seen in sometime. Seriously nice haul but we have never picked first in each round before so I was interested to see the outcome having ones choice of players for the bulk of the picks.

We will talk about this draft for years...

It was a defining moment for the franchise, no doubt.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Fitz has his work cut out for him. Hopefully next year he will be on our coaches salary scale. I would be surprised if he didn't want to do that when he retires. He could be a Cardinal for the next 30+ yrs. Might as well set another nfl record: being on same team's payroll for 40-50 yrs. They would have to do more than rename the stadium after him, like name the team after him. The Fitzgerald Cardinals

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I just hope they’re entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't recall an off-season that was so exciting.

- Starting off with a HC change.

- And an accompinating changeover to a "take no prisoners" offense.

- Supported by the arrival of a multi-talented QB

- And joined by an exciting draft class featuring an assortment that, in addition to Murray, includes 3 talented receivers, an elite CB and a Top 3 safety

How will it all turn out? Will the new HC put a winning team on the field? Will the new offense cause our opponents to bite their lips off? Will Murray make merry? And will our draft picks deliver as scheduled?

Fasten your seat belts and buckle up your chin straps.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Omg this can sound crazy ok but let me put this put there the NFL had a problem with so few black head coaches in spite of a 70% ratio is what the article states Now in my warped mind this could be a somewhat of a reason behind the Wilks Hire Billy B was always a team player for the league who is to say his son is not Please tell I am wrong that a NFL Team would hire a head coach based on race and not whether they considered him/her was and or is qualified

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure I'm in but I'm not out yet either.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Omg this can sound crazy ok but let me put this put there the NFL had a problem with so few black head coaches in spite of a 70% ratio is what the article states Now in my warped mind this could be a somewhat of a reason behind the Wilks Hire Billy B was always a team player for the league who is to say his son is not Please tell I am wrong that a NFL Team would hire a head coach based on race and not whether they considered him/her was and or is qualified
The Bidwill family has proven to hire the best candidate it deems at the time what is best for the organization, regardless of race. The point that the author of that article made is another argument and not reflective of the Cardinals.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I was not Team Kyler at all but at this point as a Cardinal fan you have to cheer for the team they give you and hope for the best.

I actually liked the draft as a whole, not much argument for rounds 2-7.

Our WR room went from woeful last off-season to hopeful this year, there is no denying there is an infusion of talent there. That is probably what excites me the most...plus I’ve always been a bigger fan of the passing game over a run heavy offense.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The Bidwill family has proven to hire the best candidate it deems at the time what is best for the organization, regardless of race. The point that the author of that article made is another argument and not reflective of the Cardinals.

It bothers me when people who are not racist get accused of being racist. The word racist used to have serious meaning and was only used for true pieces of garbage. Now it is thrown around too much

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
For me the jury is still out. I need to see what KK is going to put on the field before I commit to complete buy in and I been with this team since 1967. I just don't have that feel good feeling yet.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I really think you are very right or at least I hope you are really wish it had of turned out better I Think each and every One of us did to

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I was not Team Kyler at all but at this point as a Cardinal fan you have to cheer for the team they give you and hope for the best.

I actually liked the draft as a whole, not much argument for rounds 2-7.

Our WR room went from woeful last off-season to hopeful this year, there is no denying there is an infusion of talent there. That is probably what excites me the most...plus I’ve always been a bigger fan of the passing game over a run heavy offense.
I have and will continue to say same thing besides the 1st round this may be the best Cards draft I've ever seen or any see again although that Denny Green draft was awfully good

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As a fan since about 1967 I take a “wait and see” attitude. Solid draft, hinging on a mercurial diminutive QB and a roster still full of holes...could be transcendent or a disaster of epic proportions. But, I cannot think ANYTHING would be worse than last year.

Last year was the only time I considered never watching the Cards again if they retained Wilks. That was eliminated so I will root,root, root for the home team with all I have.

The kool-aid is delicious right now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've heard some call pocket twos the "silent assassins". If a two comes out on the flop, your opponents have little chance to know how strong your hand is.
Anyone holding pocket 2's only hold them to the flop at most. If you're holding pocket 2's and someone raises before the flop and you call, you think you're holding too many chips. Or you have nothing to lose at that point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. The Bidwill's have always hired the cheapest option and the hiring of Wilks was both a PC move and done on the cheap. Say what you want but Michael is still Bill's son and Bill's cheapness had to rub off to some degree. But to the Bidwill's it's always money first. Michael wanted street cred to boot, even though he had already hired a black coach(unless that was Bill's call) and he wanted to make his mark so he took a chance in the cheapest way possible. The only redeeming aspect was realizing that Wilks, whether he was plaid or blue striped with yellow polkadots was so completely out of his league last year that he was left with no choice but to cut the cord. Believe me, Michael searched every option before deciding to call it a day on Wilks. If we won 4 or 5 games last season Wilks would still be our coach.

As for KK, he's really rolling the dice because Kingsbury doesn't exactly have much success as a college head coach. He
s hoping he has his McVay clone.