Like or Don't like this draft and Why?

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If Isabella stays healthy he'll be a stud IMO.

Didn't agree with Murray over Bosa/Williams but the rest of the draft was a home run IMO. Getting Hakeem Butler on day three was the highlight for me.
I like both of those guys better, with Q being my ideal choice. However Rosen didn't show much, and Murray has run this offense before versus Rosen learning it from scratch. Since QB is so important to the offense, I will give Kingsbury this pick to give him a fair shot at proving his offense. If we didn't get Murray and the offense didn't work, then we would be debating wether the right QB could make it work. Now if the Air Raid doesn't work, we know it's not the QB. The offense just doesn't translate to the NFL.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I was not on the Murray bandwagon, but am warming to the idea.

The one thing I really like is the business approach MB, and SK took to this. They brought in KK and took the consequence by helping him succeed by getting him the players that fit his system.

When I get a new job, the company allows me the freedom to clear house and bring in my own team. I love that the same courtesy was given to KK. Look at the Bengals and how they did not help their new HC.

I like the draft. Excellent value. I would have loved Bosa to team up with Jones and Suggs, but warming up to Murray. Would I have liked some O-Linemen? Sure, but Keim addressed OL in FA and hopefully there will not be that many injuries. Next year's draft looks to be heavy on OT and DE, and then that can be addressed.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm liking the looks of the secondary now. Thompson and Murphy added in to Peterson, Baker, Swearinger, Ford, and Alford looks like a solid room.
the front seven looks like it added some workmanlike rotational depth. Nkdemiche should have been our star by now, but it hasn't worked out, so we have a DL
that is good but not great. If Suggs can still bring it our OLB's will be powerful. ILB is Hicks and ? Can Reddick turn the corner?
Our defensive hope for the season rests on good coverage creating a lot of coverage sacks with our quality pass rush.

Significant defensive adds: Suggs, Philon, Hicks, Alford, maybe Brock, as FA's, and Murphy, Thompson, and maybe Allen as draftees. Dogbe? We'll see.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is much to like in this draft even if I am not as high on KM as others. I am still really worried about this o-line.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I like both of those guys better, with Q being my ideal choice. However Rosen didn't show much, and Murray has run this offense before versus Rosen learning it from scratch. Since QB is so important to the offense, I will give Kingsbury this pick to give him a fair shot at proving his offense. If we didn't get Murray and the offense didn't work, then we would be debating wether the right QB could make it work. Now if the Air Raid doesn't work, we know it's not the QB. The offense just doesn't translate to the NFL.
It's both The QB and the offense which simply means the NFL Defense has figured out how to stop and it we are stuck with yet another Qb failure and head coach/GM search

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It is a completely different team. Almost a different franchise. Keim and Bidwill are the only leftovers. If Michael Bidwill is willing to pay the money, I am all in
I agree with this. It’s almost crazy how thoroughly and quickly they dismantled last year’s debacle. Virtually all the free agents signed last year - gone. Whole coaching staff - gone. QBOTF drafted last year - gone. And all the changes point in 180 degree different direction. 4-3 - to 3-4. Ground and pound offense - to air raid. Nuts. And exciting.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The whole success of the draft depends on Murray. Very skeptical of him. I think the "NFL is changing" talk is premature. Remember when the read/option and the wildcat were going to change the NFL?

Bottom line is QB's need to be able to beat you from the pocket with their arm. Look at last year's final 4. Brady, Brees, Goff, and Mahomes are all guys that can beat you from the pocket. Considering Murray hasn't taken a snap from under center or read a defense, I'm not expecting much but hoping for the best.
With all due respect, you’re talking about two of the greatest ever to play the position, a #1 overall guy, and what makes Mahomes special is what he does outside of the pocket.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Will Murray win 6 games as a starter his rookie year? Jackson did.Since Murray is supposed to be so much better then 10 wins maybe?
Holy crap the only comments you’re making these days is to crap on Murray. Welcome to ignore.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Make the team guaranteed:

1. Murray
2. Murphy
3. Isabella
4. Allen

Good chance (80%)
1. Butler
2. Thompson

Even Chance (50%)
1. Johnson
2. Dogbe
3. Gaillard

Doubtful (25%)
1. Miles
2. Wilson

I think probably 8 make the team.
Originally I thought 7 seemed high. But the team was so dreadful last year there are so many slots open to be grabbed. I think 7-8 is realistic.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
interesting.
I think Dogbe makes the team.
Peters,Gunter,Allen,Malveaux,Philon,Dogbe top 6 will Valentine and Tasini battling for last spot.Remember Nkemdiche is out injured.Rumors says Cards signed Miles Brown 6`2 320 DT from Wofford as a UDFA.He was All Southern conference .Don`t know if he could factor as depth of maybe PS type.

I think the list looks about right.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your asking this NFL thing will make Murray rather ordinary in about 6 weeks of the regular season so be ready to chase Miami for #1 again next year

I was asking because your post couldn't be considered English.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Under what time frame? Next year?
Not next year, but by the end of year 2 he needs to be a top 12 QB in the league.

Right now my top 10 is probably

Brady
Roethlisberger
Luck
Watson
Rivers
Mahomes
Rodgers
Ryan
Brees
Russ

The guys who are knocking on that door are
Goff
Carr
Mayfield
Darnold.

Guys who are ? due to health
Cam
Garappolo
Wentz

If Murray is what he was drafted to be, there is no reason he can;t be better than Cam and Ben and Rivers and Brees and Carr and Garappolo at the end of year 2.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not next year, but by the end of year 2 he needs to be a top 12 QB in the league.

Right now my top 10 is probably

Brady
Roethlisberger
Luck
Watson
Rivers
Mahomes
Rodgers
Ryan
Brees
Russ

The guys who are knocking on that door are
Goff
Carr
Mayfield
Darnold.

Guys who are ? due to health
Cam
Garappolo
Wentz

If Murray is what he was drafted to be, there is no reason he can;t be better than Cam and Ben and Rivers and Brees and Carr and Garappolo at the end of year 2.

I can actually see it happening. I know you don't believe in him, but what he can do when everything is working is nearly unprecedented at the college level. I absolutely loved Mahomes and watched a bit of him play at Texas Tech and I think Murray was quite a bit better because of his running ability. Murray isn't quite as good as Mahomes was as far as arm talent is concerned, but he's really not too far off.

I'm encouraged by what Keim and Co did with the draft. I think they are committed to making this arrangement really work. The offensive line is a concern, but I do think it will be a little bit better than last year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I can actually see it happening. I know you don't believe in him, but what he can do when everything is working is nearly unprecedented at the college level. I absolutely loved Mahomes and watched a bit of him play at Texas Tech and I think Murray was quite a bit better because of his running ability. Murray isn't quite as good as Mahomes was as far as arm talent is concerned, but he's really not too far off.

I'm encouraged by what Keim and Co did with the draft. I think they are committed to making this arrangement really work. The offensive line is a concern, but I do think it will be a little bit better than last year.
I am happy you can. The tough part for me is that my worries are mostly character related so it is tough to offer tangible critiques. I am a Cardinals fan so I am hopeful, but I am going to need to see it to believe it. Here we go.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am happy you can. The tough part for me is that my worries are mostly character related so it is tough to offer tangible critiques. I am a Cardinals fan so I am hopeful, but I am going to need to see it to believe it. Here we go.
I find this incredibly ironic. This is a kid who has no rep for being a bad apple from what I know and kind of shies from attention. And Rosen has a bad rep (earned or not), and was boastful (9 teams made a mistake). And you’re going bash kylers character? While everyone jumped to Rosen’s defense? Eh . . .

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I find this incredibly ironic. This is a kid who has no rep for being a bad apple from what I know and kind of shies from attention. And Rosen has a bad rep (earned or not), and was boastful (9 teams made a mistake). And you’re going bash kylers character? While everyone jumped to Rosen’s defense? Eh . . .
Not getting in trouble and being a generally agreeable human being doesn't mean he has good football character.

If Kyler was my drinking buddy and moved on from two of his jobs, had a bad interview on live TV, and accidentally missed a charity event, I would still be his drinking buddy, but I don't think he'd be the best fit to come work for my organization.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave