Poll: How many wins needed next season...

What are the minimum number of wins needed next year for this to prove out?

• 4+ wins

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • 6+ wins

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • 8+ wins

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • 10+ wins

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Some of you are so silly. We have new coaches and system that both O & D will have to learn and grow together with. Don't expect much this 1st year and you won't be so disappointed. Staying positive will be s lot more fun and healthy.

Speak for yourself SBF.After hearing for months how "transcendent" and game changing Murray will be according to his supporteers/fan etc why now is the backtracking downsizing of the expectations suddenly okay?That doesn`t work for me.IMO 6-10 or better could have been done with Rosen and drafting Bosa/Williams in the draft .
I don`t want Murray to fail.He is here now .IMO 8-8 is barely acceptable.Barely at minimum.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
6 is the baseline, 7+ I'd consider a win. Our roster had a ton of holes, and while we had a good draft, even good rookies don't come in right away and dominate. Murray was a 1 year starter in college, will need some time to acclimate to NFL. If you're going to be disappointed if we don't win 9+ and push for a wild card...I don't know, that just seems very unrealistic. I could see us winning 6-7 games and I still feel good about the team and our future as long as Murray and the other rooks show some development.

Remember, most on this board had their pitchforks out defending Rosen after he led us to 3 wins. Murray deserves the same patience and the fact we already suffered through a first year rookie shouldn't be held against him, not his doing.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Speak for yourself SBF.After hearing for months how "transcendent" and game changing Murray will be according to his supporteers/fan etc why now is the backtracking downsizing of the expectations suddenly okay?That doesn`t work for me.IMO 6-10 or better could have been done with Rosen and drafting Bosa/Williams in the draft .
I don`t want Murray to fail.He is here now .IMO 8-8 is barely acceptable.Barely at minimum.
So fair question: if we'd kept Rosen, how many wins would we have had to reach with him to be considered a successful season? If it's less than the standard you're inventing for Murray, you have to admit there's some bias there.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score

Well excuse for being pragmatic. By the way, who else would I be speaking for if not for myself? I am no ventriloquist.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
So fair question: if we'd kept Rosen, how many wins would we have had to reach with him to be considered a successful season? If it's less than the standard you're inventing for Murray, you have to admit there's some bias there.

Not bias. Rosen would be learning yet another offensive system whereas murry is said to be taylor made and a master of this system already.
But with the weapons we added i would have expected nine wins out of rosen.....and trusting my fellow posters here tells me murry should be good for more than that

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

I would have expected 8-8 at the minimum.But since we have heard about how great Murray will be and the fact that he was the #1 pick in the NFl IMO his bar is going to be set higher.Plus like Oaken says-this is Murrays offense,tailor made for him.With his Coach of choice also.So all his ducks are lined up.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
With this schedule, I don’t see 8 wins. And heat is gonna be on the front office and Kliff. That being said. I would be happy with 6
Since we have been told how a really good QB can elevate his team to an extra 2-3 wins a year I think 8 is the minimum .

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don’t get discounting Philon, Hicks, Suggs, Alford and Byron Murphy. We Likely have four new starters on d and a new nickel back. That’s some pretty big change.

Hicks remaining healthy is the difference between the LB core being legit or possibly worst in the league. If seen nothing to suggest Reddick will be taking a significant leap. Same argument for the OL. We’re basically betting against biology.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
6 is the baseline, 7+ I'd consider a win. Our roster had a ton of holes, and while we had a good draft, even good rookies don't come in right away and dominate. Murray was a 1 year starter in college, will need some time to acclimate to NFL. If you're going to be disappointed if we don't win 9+ and push for a wild card...I don't know, that just seems very unrealistic. I could see us winning 6-7 games and I still feel good about the team and our future as long as Murray and the other rooks show some development.

Remember, most on this board had their pitchforks out defending Rosen after he led us to 3 wins. Murray deserves the same patience and the fact we already suffered through a first year rookie shouldn't be held against him, not his doing.

Murray does not deserve the same patience. Rosen got no patience. To @BW52's point, we drafted this kid because he is a transcendent game-changer, according to not only the Murray supporters on the board, but KK and SK themselves. Kyler needs to come on the scene and just absolutely crush it, immediately. Not only for the support of the fans, but for Keim to keep his job.

All of that said, my expectations aren't as high as his. If we're competitive and get to 6-7 wins with a really good feel about the coaching and roster, cool.

But like I said in another thread, I'm not really counting games where we win 13-10 against the 49ers where both teams play like garbage.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I set the bar low at 6 but the key will be the improvement and how close the games will be score wise. A 7 & 9 season with an exciting improving offense would work for me.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
We are still very young and will probably lose more than we win.. I just don't want to be totally bored watching games again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
New coaching staff, rookie QB, a lot of new moving parts. There are going to be bumps in the road and flashes of brilliance with some of this talent and innovation but I am looking for consistency midway through the season. You do not judge this in terms of wins/loses but more of the play and competitive nature of the team. Wilks got fired not because we lost all those games, it's the way we lost and why I always get perturbed every time a media hack says Wilks was not given a chance. I see us winning seven games... with the biggest improvement actually being our OL coach

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Murray does not deserve the same patience. Rosen got no patience. To @BW52's point, we drafted this kid because he is a transcendent game-changer, according to not only the Murray supporters on the board, but KK and SK themselves. Kyler needs to come on the scene and just absolutely crush it, immediately. Not only for the support of the fans, but for Keim to keep his job.

All of that said, my expectations aren't as high as his. If we're competitive and get to 6-7 wins with a really good feel about the coaching and roster, cool.

But like I said in another thread, I'm not really counting games where we win 13-10 against the 49ers where both teams play like garbage.

Two wrongs does not make a right. Murray deserves the same patience that Rosen should have received. If Murray gives us a few spectacular plays on a competitive outing, then we have every reason to see a bright future for this team and this goes for the coach too. I think what we're going to find out is how piss poor Holocomb was as our DC... he was the defensive equivalent of Amos Jones on special teams, never seen a Cardinal defense that confuse for what they were doing

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ROOKIE QBS taking teams to playoffs

2016 Dak Prescott Dallas went to playoffs with 11-5 record year before 4-12
2012 Russell Wilson Seattle 11-5 year before 7-9
2012 Robert Griffin III Redskins 10-6 year before 5-11
2012 Andrew Luck Colts 11-5 year before 2-14
2011 Andy Dalton Bengals 9-7 year before 4-12
2008 Matt Ryan Atlanta 11-5 year before 4-12
2008 Joey Flacco Ravens 11-5 Year beforev 5-11

So why is that expecting too much.Murray is supposed to be so good let him own it.
How many of those teams were 3-13 the previous season, the worst offense in the league, and on their 3rd head coach in 3 seasons? None. And remove the Colts as they were 10-6 and a playoff team in 2010 who obviously tanked their season. We were 3-13 and tried to win games. And I don't get this "he owns it". Did Murray ask for this? Did he advertise he wants to come here? Did he ask for the Rosen drama? To put this on his shoulders is beyond disingenuous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
6-7 wins. Really all I want is this team to be competitive on both sides of the ball. Can’t stomach another season like last year. Once we got behind it felt like we had no chance at all.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If it proves out that we need to draft a whole new OL next year like we did WRs this year, then we may only win 3-5 games tops. That wouldnt bother or surprise me. It takes at least 2-3 years for players to mesh in a new system, much less the number of new players at key positions. Plug and Play doesnt mean plug and win instantly.

We need to give this new thing 3 years before we judge it fully. Lets not be disillusioned if we only win 1-3 games next year. Put our sights on the year or two after next years draft. That is win our new coach will have replaced those who dont fit in here.

No matter how many we win, it will be fun, exciting, and a learning experience all for players and fans.

By the way, for betting fans, wait till the 2021 season before betting on a super bowl championship. The odds early spring/predraft that year I expect should be 20-1 or so. If we come near winning half our games this year, I might make a long shot bet at 50 or more to 1 next spring. A better bet next year though would be to make the playoffs at maybe around 10-1 if you could get that.
Will the Rosen haters jump on Murray if he struggles behind a terrible offensive line?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Some of you are so silly. We have new coaches and system that both O & D will have to learn and grow together with. Don't expect much this 1st year and you won't be so disappointed. Staying positive will be s lot more fun and healthy.
The problem is you guys are being hypocritical about this situation versus the Rosen situation. Everyone bashed Rosen, saying he sucked and was the reason we only won 3 games and we’re in position to draft #1. Now, the narrative is flipped and everyone wants to give Murray a mulligan because he’s a rookie and in a new system, new OC, etc.. That’s the exact situation Rosen was in last year and no one afforded him the same “mulligan”. It’s funny to see everyone try and rationalize wasting a 1st round pick.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
ROOKIE QBS taking teams to playoffs

2016 Dak Prescott Dallas went to playoffs with 11-5 record year before 4-12
2012 Russell Wilson Seattle 11-5 year before 7-9
2012 Robert Griffin III Redskins 10-6 year before 5-11
2012 Andrew Luck Colts 11-5 year before 2-14
2011 Andy Dalton Bengals 9-7 year before 4-12
2008 Matt Ryan Atlanta 11-5 year before 4-12
2008 Joey Flacco Ravens 11-5 Year beforev 5-11

So why is that expecting too much.Murray is supposed to be so good let him own it.
How many of those teams had completely new coaching staffs were switching back to a different defensive scheme and doing a complete 180 with their offensive scheme? I know you’ve got an axe to grind, but good lord.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not bias. Rosen would be learning yet another offensive system whereas murry is said to be taylor made and a master of this system already.
But with the weapons we added i would have expected nine wins out of rosen.....and trusting my fellow posters here tells me murry should be good for more than that
You expected to win 9 games this year regardless of who we took?!? Wow. Quite the optimist!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The problem is you guys are being hypocritical about this situation versus the Rosen situation. Everyone bashed Rosen, saying he sucked and was the reason we only won 3 games and we’re in position to draft #1. Now, the narrative is flipped and everyone wants to give Murray a mulligan because he’s a rookie and in a new system, new OC, etc.. That’s the exact situation Rosen was in last year and no one afforded him the same “mulligan”. It’s funny to see everyone try and rationalize wasting a 1st round pick.
Naw you’re making up stuff. Look back at last season. The vast majority of us felt josh was out in a terrible spot. Very rarely can I recall many, if more than one or two, posters blaming losses in game threads on josh.

Any rookie should be given time to learn.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
6,7,8 wins is a great improvement I believe. We are not going to the Super Bowl overnight, no matter who we drafted. Let's give our new coaches and players a chance to improve and go from there the following year.