Rosen Proves His Doubters Right

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I’m sure I’m missing something but have to ask why you think we lost leverage by waiting? I don’t see how declaring before the draft we wanted to trade him would have worked any better. To me, it would have been worse.

The idiocy of this in my opinion is how Keim played it.

He was I guess trying for the this came out of the blue and so now we find ourselves going this way routine which is laughable and would never work.

I don't know what he was thinking frankly but if you wanted to get more for Rosen you could of started months ago and just told people that your new HC wanted to go another route and still sold Rosen as valuable just not the correct type for your new HC's system.

It would of rang truer in my opinion that what he tried but hey, I don't really care that much about Rosen but blown first round picks that you get very little to nothing for hurt bad.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I am surprised that teams wanted Lock, Jones, and Haskins over him though.. along with that cheap contract. But we will never know all the real dynamics involved at the end of the day. Imo

Jones you can chalk up to Gettleman being a moron but Drew Lock over Rosen is crazy. Elway was a fan of Rosen last year but there was no shame taking an elite EDGE in Chubb over him. Now they’d rather have Drew Lock who gives me less confidence in interviews than Murray. Cincy and New England going with Grier and Stidham too. Man.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jones you can chalk up to Gettleman being a moron but Drew Lock over Rosen is crazy. Elway was a fan of Rosen last year but there was no shame taking an elite EDGE in Chubb over him. Now they’d rather have Drew Lock who gives me less confidence in interviews than Murray. Cincy and New England going with Grier and Stidham too. Man.

On the surface, I would agree 100% with you. You just never know. Jones is super bright. The kid sounded like a neurosurgeon when they interviewed him, but so what. He does have an accurate arm & has speed/wiggle for a big guy. I can’t help but think he has a low ceiling though. The kid was Missouri has a canon for an arm & I’m sure that’s why Elway likes him. Time will tell.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
On the surface, I would agree 100% with you. You just never know. Jones is super bright. The kid sounded like a neurosurgeon when they interviewed him, but so what. He does have an accurate arm & has speed/wiggle for a big guy. I can’t help but think he has a low ceiling though. The kid was Missouri has a canon for an arm & I’m sure that’s why Elway likes him. Time will tell.

IMO Jones will be okay.A solid QB.. but is that enough for NY fans or management? As for Denver..Elway might be a HOF QB but how can a guy who played the position so long miss on so many QB draft picks? Its a head scratcher.Who knows with Lock? Kid does have talent but can he consistently show in the NFl? You would think with Elways history and pedigree he would hit on a draft QB at least once in a while.
Then there is the old saying that Star players make bad Coaches (or GMs) because they don`t know or realize how to judge talent because they had more talent than most others.I know there are some exceptions ..Ozzie Newsome was a good Gm,Bart Starr was a failure as a Coach,Forrest Gregg was up and down.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Three of us were at a NYC Golden Gloves Finals. Their promo piece had head shots of all the fighters.

One of my buddies had a theory - he felt he could predict each winner from what the photo of each fighter looked like (The losers looked hopeful/ the winners looked hungry and happy).

Accurate or bogus? I must admit that Josh had more of that "hopeful" look.

Wish him the best.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Josh was ok last year, but the kid made some very poor decisions on the field. Sure the play calling sucked, but we was late on almost every throw all year. This is why the Cards took the opportunity to upgrade at that position. Rosen can be a decent QB down the road if he figures out the pro game, if not he will be a career backup. This video did the best of breaking down his rookie season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO Jones will be okay.A solid QB.. but is that enough for NY fans or management? As for Denver..Elway might be a HOF QB but how can a guy who played the position so long miss on so many QB draft picks? Its a head scratcher.Who knows with Lock? Kid does have talent but can he consistently show in the NFl? You would think with Elways history and pedigree he would hit on a draft QB at least once in a while.
Then there is the old saying that Star players make bad Coaches (or GMs) because they don`t know or realize how to judge talent because they had more talent than most others.I know there are some exceptions ..Ozzie Newsome was a good Gm,Bart Starr was a failure as a Coach,Forrest Gregg was up and down.

I agree that star players struggle to judge talent. On the baseball side, Pete Rose & Ted Williams were GREAT players, but horrible teachers & managers. The game came too easy to them.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I agree that star players struggle to judge talent. On the baseball side, Pete Rose & Ted Williams were GREAT players, but horrible teachers & managers. The game came too easy to them.

Yeah I remember Ted Williams had some early success with the Rangers his first season especially with the hitters.But IIRC he hated pitchers and didn`t have the patience or the know-how to deal with them.Plus his abrasive style also rubbed people the wrong way.The players tuned him out eventually and that was the end of the road for him.His teams got worse every year.