Here’s my summary...

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
1) Keim placed value first. The number one pick has more value than Rosen. Trade Rosen a week before the draft and you’ve diminished the leverage of the asset with the most value. Not going to happen. Case closed. Not one GM in the league would have handled that differently. Zero.

2) Arians was such a strong presence you have to wonder what kind of effect he had on Keim’s previous drafts. Maybe it’s a coincidence that Keim’s best draft was the year BA left. It will be interesting to see if that coincidence continues. It also is making me really question BA’s retirement, and by whom that was initiated. You can’t tell me it wasn’t at least a little odd that he retired for what felt like six months.

3) On a side note, don’t give me your Keim apologist crap. I’ve bashed this guys drafts since he took over. Look it up, or don’t. Makes no difference.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The great thing about BA is that you can now watch the Bucs draft and acquire vets and see BA's fingerprints all over it.

Keim may not be as goofy as he seemed working with BA.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BA was forced out..but I can't see it being by Keim. They were far too close and I think mb saw that and put the kabash on it. Imo. It's the same with Amos... MB and everyone else on the planet knew he had to go...it was Arians probably telling his buddy that he wouldn't allow it. Keim was in a pickle.. MB figured it out for him... Just a possible view on it.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
1) Keim placed value first. The number one pick has more value than Rosen. Trade Rosen a week before the draft and you’ve diminished the leverage of the asset with the most value. Not going to happen. Case closed. Not one GM in the league would have handled that differently. Zero.

2) Arians was such a strong presence you have to wonder what kind of effect he had on Keim’s previous drafts. Maybe it’s a coincidence that Keim’s best draft was the year BA left. It will be interesting to see if that coincidence continues. It also is making me really question BA’s retirement, and by whom that was initiated. You can’t tell me it wasn’t at least a little odd that he retired for what felt like six months.

3) On a side note, don’t give me your Keim apologist crap. I’ve bashed this guys drafts since he took over. Look it up, or don’t. Makes no difference.
2) this was Keim's 2nd draft, post BA...however, I think last year he was trying to be the smartest guy in the room and still do what BA would have done.... basically he was over thinking.

This year, with everything on the line, he stuck to the rankings... didn't really reach...and picked kids from big schools, with winning backgrounds, for the most part.

It's definitely a defining moment for SK, for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
2) this was Keim's 2nd draft, post BA...however, I think last year he was trying to be the smartest guy in the room and still do what BA would have done.... basically he was over thinking.

This year, with everything on the line, he stuck to the rankings... didn't really reach...and picked kids from big schools, with winning backgrounds, for the most part.

It's definitely a defining moment for SK, for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
That’s what I’m saying, last year was his best draft. This year just looks promising.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The great thing about BA is that you can now watch the Bucs draft and acquire vets and see BA's fingerprints all over it.

Keim may not be as goofy as he seemed working with BA.
Didn't BA refer to Keim as his little brother or something to that effect? It would make sense..

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think K2, Whipple & the offensive staff had a lot of say on what they were looking for in that draft room. I give them more credit than Keim.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
BA was forced out..but I can't see it being by Keim. They were far too close and I think mb saw that and put the kabash on it. Imo. It's the same with Amos... MB and everyone else on the planet knew he had to go...it was Arians probably telling his buddy that he wouldn't allow it. Keim was in a pickle.. MB figured it out for him... Just a possible view on it.
And a damn good one at that very well could be right on the money too

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
One thing you can really say it's his but on the line now with KK and Murray the rest of the draft damn good IMHO

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Disagree completely on #1. It's all about leverage.

A legit negotiator is working all deals and would have had a deal with Murray, Q, Bosa, and a trade for Rosen (just in case).

Keim blew this part but nailed the draft.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Now BA can run over Tampa’s GM;

"Kicker's a very important position. It's one of the most important positions on the team. Right now, we have a coach that really believes in kickers and the importance of it, [he] stresses it," said general manager Jason Licht, who drafted Aguayo along with previous Bucs head coach Dirk Koetter.

BA was a solid coach no doubt. But he was also nowhere close to Denny Green in draft input.

MartinD

Rookie
Reaction score
Without Palmer at QB, Arians wouldn't have dazzled the crowd. He'd intended to start Drew Stanton, remember? The Cardinals would have been dead in the water.

I thought Arians was a breath of fresh air when he arrived. A good head coach. By the time he left, I felt his ego had surpassed his abilities. Without a very good QB at the helm, he was going to be exposed. Plus, he thought he was gonna be a t.v. star. Exit, stage left.

This draft, FINALLY, the team picked based on the player's college production instead of their unrealized potential. Instead of passing over smaller, better players to select the next Robert Ndemdiche, they did the smart thing. Don't know why, don't care. Just want it to continue in the future.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
This draft, FINALLY, the team picked based on the player's college production instead of their unrealized potential. Instead of passing over smaller, better players to select the next Robert Ndemdiche, they did the smart thing. Don't know why, don't care. Just want it to continue in the future.

Agreed on production.

I don't fault them for drafting Nkemdiche...we have certainly seen his talent level but it was a risk that didn't pay off. I wanted Myles Jack but we really didn't miss out on any super talent at this spot outside of Jack and Jaylon Smith (both of those guys were coming off injuries).

Loved BA...awesome dude.

Best trait - Confidence
Fatal flaw - Stubbornness

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BA never wanted to go thru a rebuild and was loyal to a fault. This roster revamp should have started in BA’s last year but I’m pretty sure him and Palmer wanted to keep the band together 1 more year.

Whoever hired Wilks hurt us. Signing Bradford was the biggest blunder. Glennon was really no better but Bradford cost us a lot of money that could have gone toward the offensive line.

The 2018 off season nearly destroyed this team. Was keim affected by a drinking problem? Maybe. But somehow, this organization appears to have pulled it together this year. Not saying we are going to be in the playoffs but I believe by this time next year we will be s force to be reckoned with.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
This. It goes to show how delusional some are trying to back Keim and how bad he botched the QB situation. Anyone who thinks blowing a 1st, 3rd and 5th round pick for next to nothing is the “best” draft is clearly confused.
Flat out wrong. It was a good move for our situation last year. This year was the best move for our situation this year.

Would I like those picks back? Sure in hindsight.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Without Palmer at QB, Arians wouldn't have dazzled the crowd. He'd intended to start Drew Stanton, remember? The Cardinals would have been dead in the water.

I thought Arians was a breath of fresh air when he arrived. A good head coach. By the time he left, I felt his ego had surpassed his abilities. Without a very good QB at the helm, he was going to be exposed. Plus, he thought he was gonna be a t.v. star. Exit, stage left.

What BA was able to do in his last season with all of those injuries was amazing. We were beating people in playoff contention down the stretch and we had nothing on the OL or at QB.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Now BA can run over Tampa’s GM;

"Kicker's a very important position. It's one of the most important positions on the team. Right now, we have a coach that really believes in kickers and the importance of it, [he] stresses it," said general manager Jason Licht, who drafted Aguayo along with previous Bucs head coach Dirk Koetter.

BA was a solid coach no doubt. But he was also nowhere close to Denny Green in draft input.
Damn I wish Denny would have been promoted to Gm not a real good coach but that Boy how to draft quality football players

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This. It goes to show how delusional some are trying to back Keim and how bad he botched the QB situation. Anyone who thinks blowing a 1st, 3rd and 5th round pick for next to nothing is the “best” draft is clearly confused.

I dont think the QB was "botched"

Hiring Wilks and McCoy was the bad decision. Bradford's contract gave an easy out after one year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose