2019 4th round pick is Hakeem Butler WR

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the head coach has always had big input under Keim. BA always seemed to get his type of guys and KK seems to be getting his type of guys. I think we have gotten a little lucky with what were looking for lining up nicely with what's available. Picking 1st in every round doesn't hurt either.
As they should. The gms job is to stock the cubbards with the ingredients the chef wants.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That PFF video shows the WR’s with the most deep receiving yards in FBS last year are Butler and Isabella.

I love it.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
The Carolina Panthers tried to draft a few big receivers for high throwing Cam. Funchess 6' 4 and Benjamin 6'5. Both drafted high. This guy makes then look like poopoo. You can see the Basketball player in him, Fast.
I feel like Funchess was a much bigger project coming out, and CAR traded up to top of 2nd round to grab him. This was the steal of the draft IMO

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Murray's lack of experience is a big negative in QBASE. It's a big gamble for sure

QBase also discounts the remarkable amount of talent that was around him. I think only 5 other QBs ever have had as much talent around him.

Murray can talk about being a winner, but he’s always been surrounded by superior talent. That’s a reason staring multiple seasons matters, because even at top programs talent ebbs and flows a little bit.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I wanted Butler in the 3rd. Obviously stoked to get him in the 4th.

Fitz, DJ, Kirk, Isabella, Butler with the threat of Murray running the ball has unlimited potential. This offense is going to be fun to watch!

I'm gonna give Bidwill credit. The man cleaned house after that ******** season last year. I'm not sure if this is all going to work but I'm excited to see.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
QBase also discounts the remarkable amount of talent that was around him. I think only 5 other QBs ever have had as much talent around him.

Murray can talk about being a winner, but he’s always been surrounded by superior talent. That’s a reason staring multiple seasons matters, because even at top programs talent ebbs and flows a little bit.
That's important.

How he responds in tough situations will show up and either build his character or work against him.

Overcoming adversary is vital for an NFL QB

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I’m confused. Is he a tackle or a guard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:koolaid::fans:

You must be registered for see images attach

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Leinart, Tebow, Bradford, Manziel, Mayfield off the top of my head. You could probably throw Sanchez’ one season in there as well.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is very true. His high school in Texas has an entire town (Allen) packed into a single school so they have like 6,000 students going up against other "big" Texas schools that have 2,000 or 3,000. They also have lots of affordable housing in town and can easily get move-ins from talented players that want to play on that squad. He had a future 5-star left tackle, a future 4-star left tackle (that was later his left tackle at Oklahoma), and an eventual All-American center (Tejan Koroma, BYU) on his high school line. On the other hand, he eviscerated the college defenses he did face.

Aaron Schatz: As noted in the QBASE article, based on prospect rankings from this year and next, Murray had teammates last year with more combined draft value (OL, WR, and TE) than any top-100 quarterback of the last 20 years except for Johnny Manziel, Matt Leinart, and Danny Wuerffel.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/audibles/2019/audibles-line-2018-nfl-draft-day-one

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
I believe the head coach has always had big input under Keim. BA always seemed to get his type of guys and KK seems to be getting his type of guys. I think we have gotten a little lucky with what were looking for lining up nicely with what's available. Picking 1st in every round doesn't hurt either.

Remember in the All or Nothing when Keim was super pissed he didn’t get to draft Ameer Abdullah.

When Mike Bidwill asked about David Johnson, it was BA that explained why he’d be a good pick. Not Keim.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, Wilks had little input besides Chase Edmonds. Kingsbury and staff had several targets.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Other than Murray I think Butler is my favorite pick by far.

He will quickly become a fan favorite. He is a violent player on the run and blocking. Thrilled about the potential

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is the pick I am most excited about. I wanted OL, but none left had the ability to change a game like Butler does. Whether or not he develops is on him, but the talent is there. This is why I don't love WRs in round 1. There are so many guys playing WR anymore that you can find really good ones in rounds 3-5 almost every year if you have a good offense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave