Tired of all these people who are negative

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I don’t get people getting mad during drafts. You have no idea how these players are going to turn out and the draft class can take a few years to get a decent assessment .
Actually after the 1st pick its been a very good draft in my eyes 1st pick Sucked

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
I guess all I'm saying is that I feel like the fact we don't know each other is what makes it a safer, softball joke.

Like, he could have taken a dig on the guy for being a troll with awful grammar, and I think that would have been fighting words more than a softball "your mom" joke. But again, we shouldn't be flinging insults anyways, you guys are right there.
Why do you keep calling me a troll grammar police. People that make insults like that, dont have nothing better to say. I posted the exact same thing this guy posted so why ain't you digging down his throat. Maybe cuz he said it in a nicer way. What you fail to realize is that I'm not sitting their telling you that you have to like the pick or anything else. But when people are making insults about the player wanting them to fail is different. People that say they are going to leave cough cough and then walk it back. People that claim they support the team for 20+ years but are quick to burn it down. None of the insults bother me, unless its talking about my mom, but even then I cant do nothing because people are behind a keyboard.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Why do you keep calling me a troll grammar police. People that make insults like that, dont have nothing better to say. I posted the exact same thing this guy posted so why ain't you digging down his throat. Maybe cuz he said it in a nicer way. What you fail to realize is that I'm not sitting their telling you that you have to like the pick or anything else. But when people are making insults about the player wanting them to fail is different. People that say they are going to leave cough cough and then walk it back. People that claim they support the team for 20+ years but are quick to burn it down. None of the insults bother me, unless its talking about my mom, but even then I cant do nothing because people are behind a keyboard.
I came in this thread and said more or less exactly what I said in your thread. I didn't make it personal first.

It's whatever man, you do you, but I'm going to keep being disappointed until someone proves me wrong.

Truth is, I'm a lot more positive because I think this is a solid draft for the first time in a while, outside of the abhorrent #1 pick.

Last thing I'll say, maybe if multiple people are calling you out for acting like a jerk, and your threads are getting locked, it's time to step back and rethink the way you're coming off.

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
I came in this thread and said more or less exactly what I said in your thread. I didn't make it personal first.

It's whatever man, you do you, but I'm going to keep being disappointed until someone proves me wrong.

Truth is, I'm a lot more positive because I think this is a solid draft for the first time in a while, outside of the abhorrent #1 pick.

Last thing I'll say, maybe if multiple people are calling you out for acting like a jerk, and your threads are getting locked, it's time to step back and rethink the way you're coming off.
As many people calling me out, their is just as many people that like my post. Dont believe me check out my post. I get it, you dont like it. But wanting him to fail or saying is going to fail before he has played a down in the NFL is ludicrous. He is on the Cardinals and you have to support him regardless. If not mine as well switch teams. I for one love the pick but thats just me.

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score

Also a troll is calling out everyone outside their name, and I havent. Been nothing but positive about our team. Call it trolling all you want, call me a jerk all you want. But kyler Murray is the Qb whether if you dont like him or not.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
As many people calling me out, their is just as many people that like my post. Dont believe me check out my post. I get it, you dont like it. But wanting him to fail or saying is going to fail before he has played a down in the NFL is ludicrous. He is on the Cardinals and you have to support him regardless. If not mine as well switch teams. I for one love the pick but thats just me.

This is not a true statement. Same as with politics, I don't have to root personally for a guy when I think he is harming the bigger picture. Just like if I were a Browns fan, I could choose not to be a fan of Odell Beckham Jr., or Kareem Hunt, while still hoping for the team's success.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
LMAO. So true. I remember a game back in 1967 when the Cardinals were playing the Packers. This was before Monday Night Football, but it definitely was a Monday night game. I was like 9 & my Mom wouldn’t let me stay up to watch. On the side, my Dad promised he would wake me up when my Mom went to bed to watch the game with him. The Cardinals played well, but did manage to blow the game. My Dad never woke me up, so I was fuming mad in the morning. My Dad nonchalantly explained to me that I was sleeping so comfortably that he didn’t want to wake me and expose me to such pain. As a Cardinal fan, it didn’t take me long to realize how right he was.
I think that was the game that Hart was intercepted on GB ran it back for a TD on first series.Cards came back and got the lead at the half.Kicked to GB and Travis Williams returned it for a TD.Cards hung close but couldn't catch the Packers that day.That was Travis Williams first of 4 KOR TDs that year.A league record at the time.Jerry Kramer mentions that game in his book " Instant Replay".He praises Larry Wilson a lot and says he was proud to be from Idaho like Wilson.Said Larry Wilson was a real football player

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
This is not a true statement. Same as with politics, I don't have to root personally for a guy when I think he is harming the bigger picture. Just like if I were a Browns fan, I could choose not to be a fan of Odell Beckham Jr., or Kareem Hunt, while still hoping for the team's success.
But the only difference is you will start supporting him once he starts winning games. Then you would be a hypocrite. So if you call yourself a So called Cardinal fan, then I see why wouldnt you support him. Hey but what do I know.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
But the only difference is you will start supporting him once he starts winning games. Then you would be a hypocrite. So if you call yourself a So called Cardinal fan, then I see why wouldnt you support him. Hey but what do I know.
It's not hypocritical, it's being proven wrong. Nowhere have I said that I refuse to change my mind. Not to fall back to the politics thing, but it's the exact same. If this team, or this country are made better by someone I didn't like, well, I'll admit the egg on my face and root for their continued success.

I have nothing against Kyler as a person. What I do think is that he's the biggest and brightest symbol of what I think is organizational systemic failure. If he struggles, Keim will be gone, and we can hopefully find a personnel guy who nails it in the draft, and builds a consistently winning NFL franchise, instead of hoping for wild moves to succeed.

The irony is that I used to be Keim's biggest backer. I'll hold him accountable and change my mind on a guy, just like I will with Murray.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think that was the game that Hart was intercepted on GB ran it back for a TD on first series.Cards came back and got the lead at the half.Kicked to GB and Travis Williams returned it for a TD.Cards hung close but couldn't catch the Packers that day.That was Travis Williams first of 4 KOR TDs that year.A league record at the time.Jerry Kramer mentions that game in his book " Instant Replay".He praises Larry Wilson a lot and says he was proud to be from Idaho like Wilson.Said Larry Wilson was a real football player

Of course, I was comfortably asleep in bed, so I don't personally remember how it played out. I looked it up though. It was played on Monday 10/30/67 in St. Louis. I do remember my Dad saying that it was the long KO return by Travis Williams that broke our back. We lost 31-23. Between that & the pick 6, I'm sure I would have been throwing stuff at our black and white TV.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Of course, I was comfortably asleep in bed, so I don't personally remember how it played out. I looked it up though. It was played on Monday 10/30/67 in St. Louis. I do remember my Dad saying that it was the long KO return by Travis Williams that broke our back. Between that & the pick 6, I'm sure I would have been throwing stuff at our black and white TV.
I was cussing under my breath because my parents where in the room.I was a teenager but I couldn't get away with the cussing in front of them .:)

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This debate requires walking a very thin line.

The negativity sucks, but freedom expression needs to be protected.

The best policy I can come up with is that (1) everyone should be allowed (encouraged?) to say what they want to say. If this means expressing distaste for what's being written, so be it - it's "my freedom of speech" not limiting "your freedom of speech."

As for this draft - Both Steve and Michael found themselves backed into a corner. When they decided to hire Wilks and trade up to obtain a rookie QBOF, I'm guessing they didn't think the whole thing would blow up on them.

But it did. If you were in the same position, what would you do? Pretend there was no problem? (That's what most managers would do) Or bring out the old broom and start over? In doing so, who would you hire? An old guy? A Belichick disciple? A young revolutionary? "Mike Ditka?" MB and SK decided to go the young revolutionary route and hire Kingsbury & Co. Good decision? We won't know until things play out.

Back to the draft. So here we are - with a revolutionary young HC and an unexpected shot at drafting a revolutionary young QB with the first pick of the draft to implement Kingsbury's offense. We get the HC and we get the QB and roll the dice on getting rid of last year's QBOF. But things don't work out and we're stuck with tone too many high-visibility QB's.

I don't think MB and SK ever thought they'd be stuck in that predicament. So they did the best they can - despite having to endure being "undressed in public" by the Miami thieves and finally settling for accepting a (2nd) 3rd round pick in order to "end the rape" by Miami and finalize the deal.

Onward - In addition to Murray, Keim appears to get value at every pick - a 3-wideout assortment of receivers, a top cover CB, a solid DE defender, a top-rated center-fielder and a center capable of starting. A pretty good haul - and we still have three more picks in the 7th round.

I'm not apologizing for tactical screw-ups made by Cardinal management, but I do feel they made the best of a really dicey situation. I like our draft (I'm even not crying over losing Harry and Metcalf to NE and Seattle - because we ended up with Butler). I think we helped ourselves in several ways.

Hindsight will always be 20-20, but how about putting a cover on the rear view mirror and root for the Cards now that the draft is over?

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This debate requires walking a very thin line.

The negativity sucks, but freedom expression needs to be protected.

The best policy I can come up with is that (1) everyone should be allowed (encouraged?) to say what they want to say. If this means expressing distaste for what's being written, so be it - it's "my freedom of speech" not limiting "your freedom of speech."

As for this draft - Both Steve and Michael found themselves backed into a corner. When they decided to hire Wilks and trade up to obtain a rookie QBOF, I'm guessing they didn't think the whole thing would blow up on them.

But it did. If you were in the same position, what would you do? Pretend there was no problem? (That's what most managers would do) Or bring out the old broom and start over? In doing so, who would you hire? An old guy? A Belichick disciple? A young revolutionary? "Mike Ditka?" MB and SK decided to go the young revolutionary route and hire Kingsbury & Co. Good decision? We won't know until things play out.

Back to the draft. So here we are - with a revolutionary young HC and an unexpected shot at drafting a revolutionary young QB with the first pick of the draft to implement Kingsbury's offense. We get the HC and we get the QB and roll the dice on getting rid of last year's QBOF. But things don't work out and we're stuck with tone too many high-visibility QB's.

I don't think MB and SK ever thought they'd be stuck in that predicament. So they did the best they can - despite having to endure being "undressed in public" by the Miami thieves and finally settling for accepting a (2nd) 3rd round pick in order to "end the rape" by Miami and finalize the deal.

Onward - In addition to Murray, Keim appears to get value at every pick - a 3-wideout assortment of receivers, a top cover CB, a solid DE defender, a top-rated center-fielder and a center capable of starting. A pretty good haul - and we still have three more picks in the 7th round.

I'm not apologizing for tactical screw-ups made by Cardinal management, but I do feel they made the best of a really dicey situation. I like our draft (I'm even not crying over losing Harry and Metcalf to NE and Seattle - because we ended up with Butler). I think we helped ourselves in several ways.

Hindsight will always be 20-20, but how about putting a cover on the rear view mirror and root for the Cards now that the draft is over?

Well said, Jeff. I mean, we're at a point where there's not much for us to talk about until training camp anyways. Watching Kyler in shorts isn't going to do much for me. But when August rolls around, I'll be gripped by it all. And it's not my goal to look back and say "well Rosen would have ________." At the end of this weekend, I'll try to put it all behind me. I'll watch and hope to get overwhelmed by that athleticism. But we'll see.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
If he plays well you’ll get over it. I was 100% in the camp of keeping Rosen and drafting Q but it is what it is.
Sorry but I just cant see this happening and please forgive but this is the only player on this team I actually will Not root for I just Cant of all the bone headed picks this team has made in my 57 years this is the only 1 I have said and thought that about Team Yes HIM NO!!!

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sorry but I just cant see this happening and please forgive but this is the only player on this team I actually will Not root for I just Cant of all the bone headed picks this team has made in my 57 years this is the only 1 I have said and thought that about Team Yes HIM NO!!!
Man that seems petty for a guy that hasn’t done anything to you personally, hasn’t committed crimes, or beaten anyone.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Man that seems petty for a guy that hasn’t done anything to you personally, hasn’t committed crimes, or beaten anyone.
Its nothing personal mind you I just dont like Him as a player, dont like the size ,the one year starting, the weight the way every one is Google eyed over him the baseball commitment then backing out, the cockiness the sense that he is better than anyone else, do I need to go on because I can if you want

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Its nothing personal mind you I just dont like Him as a player, dont like the size ,the one year starting, the weight the way every one is Google eyed over him the baseball commitment then backing out, the cockiness the sense that he is better than anyone else, do I need to go on because I can if you want
I get that you don’t like him as a player, but he’s a cardinal. Just because you wouldn’t have drafted him doesn’t mean you have to actively root against him. That’s personal. That’s his livelihood. He’s 20-something, he’s the QB of your team, and you’re rooting against him? Again, seems awfully petty just bc you wouldn’t have drafted him.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t be sheep. If you don’t like sonething speak up. Nobody wants a Ron Wolfley on our board spouting every pick as an A+.
Well said and I agree but some need to learn not to thrash out like a hurt school girl if someone doesn't agree with them.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was a Rosen guy. I was also the guy yesterday flipping out cause we couldn't trade Rosen for a 1. This morning I was watching and saw the part where it says key departures and it had the whole coaching staff. It made me smile and say you know what life is good. Watching the rest of these picks and imagining our team has me so flipping excited. As it was said earlier we won 3 freaking games.....had the worst offense in the league....can only get better Go Cards

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just remember your view next season when/if Murray struggles and goes 3-13 or 4-12.Will it be time to move on again?Its a real possibility.
Doubtful.. last year seemed like a rushed and half assed plan. This was well orchestrated and they won't move on from this one any time soon... Jmo though.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We do have to move on but if you think the negativity is over, you are sorely mistaken. After last year, there is only one direction this team can go. But if you think Murray is the next Russell Wilson then get ready for a year of continued negativity.
Have they played football yet?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I was skeptical but they drafted Murray. They avoided a total meltdown by getting something for Rosen and they added lots of Air Raid weapons.

I’m all in.
No risk it no biscuit.

Hopefully Murray will threw the ball so fast he won’t need an offensive line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave