Johnson

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Well I didn’t put any receivers on my still available list. I’m not sure you can play an 11 receiver at one time. Maybe there’s something about the Air Raid offense we don’t know. It’s also possible that after last year Keim is just sick of watching receivers drop catchable passes. This guy won’t drop balls. His catch radius is unreal. It’s weird but I’ve never seen a team focus on that aspect but the Cards have it. Johnson makes highlight reel catches especially in the red zone. He is not fast or even a great athlete by combine measurables but he has the best receiver instincts in the draft. He seems to mostly be open but if he’s not he’s like a Fitz, he just takes the ball away from the defender. So throw it anyway. He has it all. He highpoints balls, he catches 1 handed and he knows how to use his body to screen off defenders. He’s not as strong but he’s like Boldin in style of play. You’ll love this guy. He makes the game exciting. If Murray is just decent, defending this set of receivers will be extremely difficult. They can rotate talented receivers on the weakest defenders and blow them up. I’d like to see an RB and some OL help, but this is a great looking receiver set.

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
Replacing all of the mistakes from last season. The WR Corp of the Cardinals last year was terrible. Zero depth

Exactly. After Fitz and Kirk it was embarrassing. I'm actually glad we took 3. We need to give KK and KM everything they need to be successful. I think our defense will be a top ten defense again, we need to put some points on the board and move the chains consistently.

Last edited:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Exactly. After Fitz and Kirk it was embarrassing. I'm actually glad we took 3. We need to give KK and KM everything they need to be successful. I think our defense will be a top ten defense again, we need to put some points on the board and move the chains consistently.

And depth on special teams

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Replacing all of the mistakes from last season. The WR Corp of the Cardinals last year was terrible. Zero depth

4 WRs in their first or second years, not counting the undrafted guys. That is something to grow with—if only 3 of them develop the team will be in good shape.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Totally agree Harry, this is going to be a fabulous WR corps imo!!! Excellent post :clapping:

All 3 of these guys are different & bring something else to the table. I’ve been saying all along for months now that K2 doesn’t use a TE much & hasn’t at all in recent seasons, thus the selection of all the WRs. And skilled ones at that!

These Chad Williams’, Kevin Whites, etc are already basically given their walking papers soon unless it’s because of injury. None of them can offer what these 3 guys do.

Great job Keim or whomever is drafting these kids :clapping:. I’m quit sure Whipple & K2 have had a big say in these picks as well.

Buckybird

Reaction score

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they pick another one in the 7th.

Kelvin McKnight
Antoine Wesley
Lil Jordan Humphrey

Buckybird

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they pick another one in the 7th.

Kelvin McKnight
Antoine Wesley
Lil Jordan Humphrey
I’d luv Wesley. I loved Hump at Texas but I’m not sure he’s got enough speed to push for a roster spot. Great balls skills though

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm hoping White has beaten the injury bug and shows that top ten draft status.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Going to be a very exciting offense if Murray pans out. David Johnson May also return to form. I am getting the big picture now
Good to have ya over to the dark side... Orrr is it not considered that any longer? Haha. You could still have me ignore..so in that case I'm talking to myself.. :)

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i suspect lots of 4 wide and DJ in the backfield

you will need WR depth