Tired of all these people who are negative

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Been there done that and most likely will do it again just cant seem to break from this damn team No Matter How mad they Make me and Lord Knows they've done a Hell of a lot over the years

It’s too late for most of us. I tried to convince my kids to root for other teams, but only my daughter listened (Eagles fan). All my sons and my grandson are suffering as Cardinal fans. It’s a brutal addiction.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've never understood why people get offended by this. To me, it's really only personal IF you know each other very well.
If you don’t know someone keep their family outta your mouth. It’s just basic concepts of human decency and respect. Argue all you want, but we don’t need that crass crap in here.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If you don’t know someone keep their family outta your mouth. It’s just basic concepts of human decency and respect. Argue all you want, but we don’t need that crass crap in here.
No point in continuing to argue this one, it's a football board, not otherwise. Agree to disagree.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t get people getting mad during drafts. You have no idea how these players are going to turn out and the draft class can take a few years to get a decent assessment .

I think most people would agree with you. We just all want to be right about our assessments. The emotions surrounding football always get the best of otherwise really good people.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No point in continuing to argue this one, it's a football board, not otherwise. Agree to disagree.
The anonymity of the Internet brings out the worst in people. We should be better than this. It starts with disrespect on the Internet and will eventually make its way to how we treat one and other generally. It’s a slippery slope. Also, what’s the point?

And I might not convince you, but I’ll kindly ask you not to do it with my family. You can’t plead ignorance now in the future. Call me names all you want. But leave my family outta it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don’t get people getting mad during drafts. You have no idea how these players are going to turn out and the draft class can take a few years to get a decent assessment .
For those of us who watch the sport on multiple levels, yes we do have an idea. I knew from the starting gun that Jamarcus Russell was going to be an absolutely terrible pick. (I am not comparing Kyler to him, but still.)

I was extremely excited for David Johnson. Larry Fitzgerald. Patrick Peterson. That's not to say I'm not plenty wrong - this is a hobby, not my job - but it's not like I'm walking into this blind, like playing scratch-offs at the gas station.

Reaction score
Who kidnapped SK and replaced him with somebody who can draft?

Great draft so far.

Was hoping to keep Rosen but this draft has won me over.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The anonymity of the Internet brings out the worst in people. We should be better than this. It starts with disrespect on the Internet and will eventually make its way to how we treat one and other generally. It’s a slippery slope. Also, what’s the point?

And I might not convince you, but I’ll kindly ask you not to do it with my family. You can’t plead ignorance now in the future. Call me names all you want. But leave my family outta it.
I try not to fling insults toward people one way or the other on the internet. It's not worth it, especially since this can follow you forever. But it's still kind of the thing I might jokingly say to someone in a bar that I was having sports banter with, or expect for it to happen.

I guess I just see it as so detached. Like, phoenixsun might not even have a sister, y'know?

I think it comes down to what kind of relationship/priority you have. I've said 10x worse things about my own family to others, but I have a closer relationship with my friends compared to my family, outside of my dad. I'd trust them to have my back way before a family member.

Sorry for the blog post, haha.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As Cardinal fans, we have so much more invested in the draft than fans from perennial winning franchises. The Draft is our SB most years. I remember how bored I was the year we drafted 31st (Beanie Wells). Because we generally stink as a team, we tend to invest the time to study the incoming talent. One of these decades we’ll be like Patriots fans & not care about the draft as much. Of course, by then, I’ll be dead.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
As Cardinal fans, we have so much more invested in the draft than fans from perennial winning franchises. The Draft is our SB most years. I remember how bored I was the year we drafted 31st (Beanie Wells). Because we generally stink as a team, we tend to invest the time to study the incoming talent. One of these decades we’ll be like Patriots fans & not care about the draft as much. Of course, by then, I’ll be dead.
That's the only year of my life I wasn't able to watch the full draft. I pretty much swore that day, I'd never take a job that forced me to miss out on the things I enjoy based off of arbitrary business needs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try not to fling insults toward people one way or the other on the internet. It's not worth it, especially since this can follow you forever. But it's still kind of the thing I might jokingly say to someone in a bar that I was having sports banter with, or expect for it to happen.

I guess I just see it as so detached. Like, phoenixsun might not even have a sister, y'know?

I think it comes down to what kind of relationship/priority you have. I've said 10x worse things about my own family to others, but I have a closer relationship with my friends compared to my family, outside of my dad. I'd trust them to have my back way before a family member.

I personally just thought it was pathetic 8 year old school-yard smack. If @NJCardFan was going to talk trash, he did his cause no favors by making himself look like an unimaginative moron in the process.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yeah but this is not a closed set like your family and friends. We “know” each other, but the majority of us have never met. If we know one and other that’s one thing (and why I made the caveat), but let’s not assume we all know that each other aren’t saying such things with malice. I’ve beeb threatened with physical violence on this board in the past. I mean, that’s just ridiculous.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I personally just thought it was pathetic 8 year old school-yard smack. If @NJCardFan was going to talk trash, he did his cause no favors by making himself look like an unimaginative moron in the process.
That’s bc it’s exactly the type of stupid thing you’d say that gets you knocked out.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah but this is not a closed set like your family and friends. We “know” each other, but the majority of us have never met. If we know one and other that’s one thing (and why I made the caveat), but let’s not assume we all know that each other aren’t saying such things with malice. I’ve beeb threatened with physical violence on this board in the past. I mean, that’s just ridiculous.
I guess all I'm saying is that I feel like the fact we don't know each other is what makes it a safer, softball joke.

Like, he could have taken a dig on the guy for being a troll with awful grammar, and I think that would have been fighting words more than a softball "your mom" joke. But again, we shouldn't be flinging insults anyways, you guys are right there.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That’s bc it’s exactly the type of stupid thing you’d say that gets you knocked out.
This is what I don't get. Why is this a "gets you knocked out" comment? This has happened in real life, where I see people overreact to this kind of thing. Like, dude, he isn't talking real poo about your family, he doesn't know them. Why does that make you want to fight?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson