2019 5th round pick is Deionte Thompson S

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
I trust that the Cardinals did their homework on him and any medical flags that popped up. Low risk, high reward pick.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Keim is basically drafting off the PFF "best available" list

i think thats 4 of 6 picks he took the best, with the other two being in the top 5 available

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Maybe the first interesting phone call since Larod Stevens-Howling?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Potential deep safety in our aggressive man scheme. Fell for some reasons: No combine numbers, just one year of starting experience, lean frame and something was discovered in his knee that may or may not shorten his career. As a pure prospect, he is a day two pick. Undoubtedly a steal in the 5th.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Great value here. Thompson can play and the Cardinals needed a S.

Everyone clamoring for OL have to understand that teams have to consider whether someone has a chance to make the roster. Almost all of the guys available WON'T.

I liked Michael Jordan, but who is he beating out? Pugh? No. Sweezy? No. Garcia? Probably not.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They are taking players with college pedegree or great production, love it

No more headache case like brandon Williams, but players who really know wjat they are doing

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I trust that the Cardinals did their homework on him and any medical flags that popped up. Low risk, high reward pick.
I’m not too confident in anything medical involving the Cards, we’ve been an injured mash unit for what seems like 7 out of 10 years. Ugh

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great value here. Thompson can play and the Cardinals needed a S.

Everyone clamoring for OL have to understand that teams have to consider whether someone has a chance to make the roster. Almost all of the guys available WON'T.

I liked Michael Jordan, but who is he beating out? Pugh? No. Sweezy? No. Garcia? Probably not.
I still like Alex Bars out of ND.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True center fielder. Great value as some had him going much earlier. Willing to hit and tracks the ball well. Still a lot of upside as he really didn't get on the field much until this last season. With some patience could turn into a real steal. Like it.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Only so many picks. We have a lot of needs, Keim doing a solid job of taking value that falls

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
ahhh...the "value" factor. Kinda like buying something you don't need because you have a coupon. :bang: