Time to Move Past Rosen

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to laugh at some of the comments by some of us. I guess being a Cardinal fan leads to full fledged masochism. Rosen was no doubt placed in a difficult spot playing under last year's circumstances. But let's not kid ourselves, he certainly did contribute to the mess also. Why is it though that some on this board believe that just because we drafted this kid a year ago, we then have to absorb that mistake for years to come. If Rosen was truly as good as most of us thought he was when we drafted him, we would have won 5-6 games & he'd still be our QBOF. When you come in DEAD last in the business world, expect changes to be made. Picking 1st overall meant we could upgrade the most important position on the field. And that's exactly what we did. We DON'T owe Rosen anything, and we certainly didn't do him wrong. Those pining & whining on his behalf nauseate me. That's the point that Smith Sr. was making. There are no guarantees in life & no guarantees on the football field. Each and every year someone is coming after your job. Be a man & protect it. Rosen has moved on & this will be a lesson in life for him. He's skilled enough to have a decent career & I hope he does. But, I for one, will NOT criticize the Cardinal's FO for what had to happen.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I have to laugh at some of the comments by some of us. I guess being a Cardinal fan leads to full fledged masochism. Rosen was no doubt placed in a difficult spot playing under last year's circumstances. But let's not kid ourselves, he certainly did contribute to the mess also. Why is it though that some on this board believe that just because we drafted this kid a year ago, we then have to absorb that mistake for years to come. If Rosen was truly as good as most of us thought he was when we drafted him, we would have won 5-6 games & he'd still be our QBOF. When you come in DEAD last in the business world, expect changes to be made. Picking 1st overall meant we could upgrade the most important position on the field. And that's exactly what we did. We DON'T owe Rosen anything, and we certainly didn't do him wrong. Those pining & whining on his behalf nauseate me. That's the point that Smith Sr. was making. There are no guarantees in life & no guarantees on the football field. Each and every year someone is coming after your job. Be a man & protect it. Rosen has moved on & this will be a lesson in life for him. He's skilled enough to have a decent career & I hope he does. But, I for one, will NOT criticize the Cardinal's FO for what had to happen.

********.Agree there are no guarantees and when your coach tells you that you are "OUR GUY" you should just disregard that also.So basically your GM and your Coach lied to you but that's okay ( just GMspeak and Coachspeak) because there are no guarantees.Bradford was 0-3 as QB .Rosen was 3-10and a rookie.I get it simpleminded fans who can`t see beyond their noses and want instant gratification.Thats the way things seem to be now.Rosens gone.he haters are happy and the Murrayites are cheering.Don`t get mad when Murray struggles in the NFl and he gets raked over the coals mercilessly and repeatedly.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
great post:)

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rosen had plenty of indications he might not be the guy.

1. Coaching Hire, and what he said
2. The fact ESPN and everyone else blared it 1000 times
3. 'Right now'
4. Murray visit
5. All the run up to the draft with him being a possibility
6. All the media convinced he was going to be the #1. The terms 'worst kept secret' bandied about over and over

There was literally nothing showing it WASN'T going to happen.

There is no way they were lying to Rosen. They were at best non-committal to what they were going to do.

He knew, that's why there was that 'hack' a few weeks back. That's probably around the time he realized it was truly a legitimate threat to him.

We got a far more talented guy who is exactly the guy our coach wants. We made the right move.

People shouldn't feel bad for Rosen. He's richer than probably everyone else on the board. Gets to play a game. Is a party animal.

Even Rosen has congratulated Murray, and now he's moved on to the Dolphins. The sting he is feeling from Smith's comments will pass, and all he can do is learn from everything and just put his head down and work as hard as he can for the Dolphins.

I wish him luck. I also hope he can help keep the phins out of the market for a top QB next year. I truly hope he's not in the same position as now, next year. At the end of the day though, only production will keep that from happening. If he doesn't produce, it'll happen. So I hope he does well.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

3. 'Right now'
4. Murray visit
6. All the media convinced he was going to be the #1. The terms 'worst kept secret' bandied about over and over

There is no way they were lying to Rosen. They were at best non-committal to what they were going to do.

He knew, that's why there was that 'hack' a few weeks back. That's probably around the time he realized it was truly a legitimate threat to him.

We got a far more talented guy who is exactly the guy our coach wants. We made the right move.

People shouldn't feel bad for Rosen. He's richer than probably everyone else on the board. Gets to play a game. Is a party animal.

Even Rosen has congratulated Murray, and now he's moved on to the Dolphins. The sting he is feeling from Smith's comments will pass, and all he can do is learn from everything and just put his head down and work as hard as he can for the Dolphins.

I wish him luck. I also hope he can help keep the phins out of the market for a top QB next year. I truly hope he's not in the same position as now, next year. At the end of the day though, only production will keep that from happening. If he doesn't produce, it'll happen. So I hope he does well.

I disagree but it is what it is.I hope he does well in Miami.I guess SK calling Bosa and Q.Wiliams draft day and telling them they were still in the running for top pick was just BS or a lie?

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
It’s a painful divorce but much needed.

They screwed up with the Wills hire and QB pick and had to reverse course

Onward. Upward.

Never a wrong time to make the right decision

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

3. 'Right now'
4. Murray visit

:notworthy:

I heard that Larry Fitz approached Rosen at a practice recently and said to him if he keeps up what he is doing right now that no matter what happens he will be fine. This is why Larry is awesome and maybe he said it because Rosen wasn't putting in the extra effort previously. The same as Larry wasn't until Warner and Haley Challenged him.

Rosen is now in a better spot for him because Jim Caldwell sp? is now his OC/QB coach and he is one of the best in the NFL and a true QB whisperer. Traditional QB coach for a traditional QB is best for Rosen IMO.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree but it is what it is.I hope he does well in Miami.I guess SK calling Bosa and Q.Wiliams draft day and telling them they were still in the running for top pick was just BS or a lie?

If they hadn't agreed on language regarding a return to baseball, Bosa or Q would have been the pick - IMO.

I'm over it and hope Josh kicks Tom Brady's ass in Foxboro.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I believe being a GM in the NFL is similar to being the director of the CIA. If you tell everyone exactly what you are thinking or know then you or those in your employ die.

It's lying time during the draft and Keim has made that clear in the past and now. Josh was his guy until a better guy became available, that's what happens every year in the NFL. You know, during FA and the draft new players are brought onto the team and past "your my guys" are shown the door. It's a harsh reality in the NFL.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe being a GM in the NFL is similar to being the director of the CIA. If you tell everyone exactly what you are thinking or know then you or those in your employ die.

It's lying time during the draft and Keim has made that clear in the past and now. Josh was his guy until a better guy became available, that's what happens every year in the NFL. You know, during FA and the draft new players are brought onto the team and past "your my guys" are shown the door. It's a harsh reality in the NFL.

So, Kyler is the guy until a better guy becomes available? :shrug:

What if trying to impose a college system at the NFL level doesn't go smoothly, Kyler struggles, and we have a top pick next year? Draft a QB or does Kyler get a second chance not afforded to Josh?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
********.Agree there are no guarantees and when your coach tells you that you are "OUR GUY" you should just disregard that also.So basically your GM and your Coach lied to you but that's okay ( just GMspeak and Coachspeak) because there are no guarantees.Bradford was 0-3 as QB .Rosen was 3-10and a rookie.I get it simpleminded fans who can`t see beyond their noses and want instant gratification.Thats the way things seem to be now.Rosens gone.he haters are happy and the Murrayites are cheering.Don`t get mad when Murray struggles in the NFl and he gets raked over the coals mercilessly and repeatedly.
Shhhhhhhhhh. Don't say that lol. I want him to set the NFL on fire. He's our QB now so............just sayin.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

What if trying to impose a college system at the NFL level doesn't go smoothly, Kyler struggles, and we have a top pick next year? Draft a QB or does Kyler get a second chance not afforded to Josh?

It's always been this way. Just usually, we're never in a spot to upgrade the QB position like we just were.

If the guy is better and we can, yes. I highly doubt that will be possible.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

I understand that.I don`t understand how a QB who was a RD 1 pick just a year ago gets thrown out like yesterday newspaper and other guys who have been pretty bad 1st Rd picks D.J.Humphries,Nkemdiche are getting chance after chance to succeed when Rosen gets run out after a year.That is wrong IMO.Yoyu said its never the wrong time to do the right thing so why doesn't Sk man up and trade his other failures like Humphries and NKemdiche?they where part of last season too.Yes I understand that KK brought his gimmick offense and he wants his guy.As for better guys than Humphries and NKemdiche….easily replaced if not already.IMO keim is keeping those two around in order to keep from looking like a complete fool.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand that.I don`t understand how a QB who was a RD 1 pick just a year ago gets thrown out like yesterday newspaper and other guys who have been pretty bad 1st Rd picks D.J.Humphries,Nkemdiche are getting chance after chance to succeed when Rosen gets run out after a year.That is wrong IMO.Yoyu said its never the wrong time to do the right thing so why doesn't Sk man up and trade his other failures like Humphries and NKemdiche?they where part of last season too.Yes I understand that KK brought his gimmick offense and he wants his guy.As for better guys than Humphries and NKemdiche….easily replaced if not already.IMO keim is keeping those two around in order to keep from looking like a complete fool.

I feel bad for Josh and yes fate dealt him a bad hand. But Keim doesn't get to feel that way because he has a billion dollar business to run or get fired himself. Plus another season like last and they would lose fans and maybe the sold out stadium run comes to an end.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If Kyler plays as poorly as Josh did and we have the opportunity to try to get another "franchise" QB then yes.