Air Raid Offense - Is a TE needed?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is a tight end really needed in the Air Raid?

I would imagine on short yardage, but aren't Fitz and Butter almost like TEs-light when it comes to blocking?

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
I think CK2 will use what ever weapons we have, we also need to remember that we signed Charles Clay in the offseason.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
4 WR is key in air raid. TE is a luxury and a guy like clay will be perfect. I’m becoming more excited about the offense still worried about that line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
We also have RSJ, I expect him to play a nice role in the new offense.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I ink RSJ is going to play a bigger role in this offense than we’d previously expected

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Still there are only 3 TEs on the roster and Ricky Seals-Jones is pretty much just a pass catcher TE.i would think having a young TE who can block and catch would always be a fit.Darrell Daniels is untried.At least I would thnk a 7th Rd guy or UDFAs be brought in for TE.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
However, with 6 picks left I can see them signing a TE as a project or maybe one that is a good blocker. Won't hurt to have more depth.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Is a tight end really needed in the Air Raid?

I would imagine on short yardage, but aren't Fitz and Butter almost like TEs-light when it comes to blocking?
Nope!

I’ve said it many many times before, only 1 TE has ever done anything in KKs Tech offense & that Jace Amaro years ago. In fact the last several seasons they had no TEs on the roster

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Nope!

I’ve said it many many times before, only 1 TE has ever done anything in KKs Tech offense & that Jace Amaro years ago. In fact the last several seasons they had no TEs on the roster
Is it going to be the exact offense as at Tech? One would think you would need a TE/FB type for some short yardage situations and to mix it up a bit?

Buckybird

Reaction score
Is it going to be the exact offense as at Tech? One would think you would need a TE/FB type for some short yardage situations and to mix it up a bit?
I still don’t think it will change much. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Just stating what I’ve seen & what’s he ran.

Think of it this way, they went & got his QB instead of trying to make Rosen fit

Buckybird

Reaction score
Ourlads say he is not a guy who likes to extend in traffic so I wonder about being willing to mix it up as a blocker?
He’s a very willing solid blocker but I don’t think he will be used in line very often because it negates him strengths which is 50/50 balls

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score

Doesn’t matter goal line and short yardage will still be in the gun. The philosophy is it is easier to run with the RPO and spreading the defense out that you don’t need a goal line package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk