Rosen Proves His Doubters Right

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't blame Rosen for being pissed. No one should. How would you feel? Business is business? Hell no, every one of you would feel the same way. Personally I don't think the kid was given a legit chance. He was put in a situation where no one would have succeeded then tossed on the Keim first round scrap heap with the other 5 previous picks. I hope he does well in Miami. Oh, and Keim is an idiot for not trying to move him sooner instead of minutes before the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m sure I’m missing something but have to ask why you think we lost leverage by waiting? I don’t see how declaring before the draft we wanted to trade him would have worked any better. To me, it would have been worse.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I’m sure I’m missing something but have to ask why you think we lost leverage by waiting? I don’t see how declaring before the draft we wanted to trade him would have worked any better. To me, it would have been worse.
simple. You cant go into a season with two young first round QB's on your roster. It divides the locker room and causes tension on the team.
Rosens best value was two weeks before the draft, when the team didnt "Have to" trade him....once we drafted murry we had no choice, Josh had to go.
we had leverage before the draft because we didnt have to draft murry... but zero leverage once we made that pick

I am actually amazed keim got as much for him as he did...just shows miami's level of interest

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
But we would have lost any leverage by trying to trade Rosen. That would have tipped our hand that we were going to draft a QB. And with all the KM rumors out there especially.
I don’t see it personally

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
Seriously? He’s probably relieved to be outa here!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to laugh at some of the comments by some of us. I guess being a Cardinal fan leads to full fledged masochism. Rosen was no doubt placed in a difficult spot playing under last year's circumstances. But let's not kid ourselves, he certainly did contribute to the mess also. Why is it though that some on this board believe that just because we drafted this kid a year ago, we then have to absorb that mistake for years to come. If Rosen was truly as good as most of us thought he was when we drafted him, we would have won 5-6 games & he'd still be our QBOF. When you come in DEAD last in the business world, expect changes to be made. Picking 1st overall meant we could upgrade the most important position on the field. And that's exactly what we did. We DON'T owe Rosen anything, and we certainly didn't do him wrong. Those pining & whining on his behalf nauseate me. That's the point that Smith Sr. was making. There are no guarantees in life & no guarantees on the football field. Each and every year someone is coming after your job. Be a man & protect it. Rosen has moved on & this will be a lesson in life for him. He's skilled enough to have a decent career & I hope he does. But, I for one, will NOT criticize the Cardinal's FO for what had to happen.

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He had a lot of passes dropped. Probably because the receivers were surprised it hit them in their hands ))))

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since Cards did get the #62 AND 5th Rounder from Miami 2020 draft I would say that debunks the premise of Rosen not being worth anything.

I think Keim is a bumbling, incompetent oaf who has no business doing anything in this league but he got more for Rosen than I expected.

I hope Rosen takes a long hard look in the mirror and learns from this episode. There is a reason why he is in Miami now and it would be to his advantage to grow from this experience and not let it consume him.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
I have to laugh at some of the comments by some of us. I guess being a Cardinal fan leads to full fledged masochism. Rosen was no doubt placed in a difficult spot playing under last year's circumstances. But let's not kid ourselves, he certainly did contribute to the mess also. Why is it though that some on this board believe that just because we drafted this kid a year ago, we then have to absorb that mistake for years to come. If Rosen was truly as good as most of us thought he was when we drafted him, we would have won 5-6 games & he'd still be our QBOF. When you come in DEAD last in the business world, expect changes to be made. Picking 1st overall meant we could upgrade the most important position on the field. And that's exactly what we did. We DON'T owe Rosen anything, and we certainly didn't do him wrong. Those pining & whining on his behalf nauseate me. That's the point that Smith Sr. was making. There are no guarantees in life & no guarantees on the football field. Each and every year someone is coming after your job. Be a man & protect it. Rosen has moved on & this will be a lesson in life for him. He's skilled enough to have a decent career & I hope he does. But, I for one, will NOT criticize the Cardinal's FO for what had to happen.

Good post. They paid him over $10 million signing bonus and he delivered one of the worst QB seasons ever.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

He got thrust into a poo situation. Remember that Bradford, who had at least been serviceable enough in the past that we paid him big bucks couldn't do squat with the offense which is why he had to start his rookie year instead of developing for a year. Basically the same thing that happened to Goff where he got thrown into the fire with a dysfunctional staff and he played as bad Rosen and won zero games. Everyone thought Goff would be a bust and not last until McVay swooped in and saved the team.

Is Rosen as bad as he looked rookie year, perhaps he is. I surely wasn't expecting him to be an elite QB based on what he delivered last season, but I also know that you can't blame the result on him until he fails in a remotely competent team.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

He got thrust into a poo situation. Remember that Bradford, who had at least been serviceable enough in the past that we paid him big bucks couldn't do squat with the offense which is why he had to start his rookie year instead of developing for a year. Basically the same thing that happened to Goff where he got thrown into the fire with a dysfunctional staff and he played as bad Rosen and won zero games. Everyone thought Goff would be a bust and not last until McVay swooped in and saved the team.

Is Rosen as bad as he looked rookie year, perhaps he is. I surely wasn't expecting him to be an elite QB based on what he delivered last season, but I also know that you can't blame the result on him until he fails in a remotely competent team.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we had won 5 or 6 games Wilks (and Rosen) would still be here so be happy for small favors.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Well, two can play that game. Wonder how Steve Smith would have felt if he was the number one pick prior to this draft and his team released one video which is the cover of their social media site of the upcoming schedule where he was not shown :)

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Who gives a flying F*** what Steve Smith says? Eff him.Tell him to go punch a teammate..he was good at that.

Reactions: HGC

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He got thrust into a **** situation. Remember that Bradford, who had at least been serviceable enough in the past that we paid him big bucks couldn't do squat with the offense which is why he had to start his rookie year instead of developing for a year. Basically the same thing that happened to Goff where he got thrown into the fire with a dysfunctional staff and he played as bad Rosen and won zero games. Everyone thought Goff would be a bust and not last until McVay swooped in and saved the team.

Stop making excuses. Bradford was toast & came here because he couldn't say no to the money. Rosen failed & has moved on. He'll now have the opportunity to turn things around. Such is life,

OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Though I didn’t like his behavior when the pick was made, he went above and beyond to make that video. Kudos to you, Josh. Go beat New England

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Though I didn’t like his behavior when the pick was made, he went above and beyond to make that video. Kudos to you, Josh. Go beat New England

So, if your girlfriend leaves you for another guy, you wouldnt unfollow her on social media to stop getting alerts when she posts pictures with her new boyfriend?

OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, if your girlfriend leaves you for another guy, you wouldnt unfollow her on social media to stop getting alerts when she posts pictures with her new boyfriend?
I’m not sure why you keep saying this. It’s a terrible analogy. They weren’t dating and it wasn’t a personal relationship. This was his job. It would’ve been much better if he hadn’t laid down like a crybaby and instead wanted to fight and compete for his job and his livelihood.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rosen can do whatever he wants on his personal social media, if people are upset that he says nothing negative, but removes his photos from the job he knows he is losing - it sounds like those people have the problems.

Go stalk another person and critique their personal life.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nobody wanted Rosen. Hes a cancer and a bad teammate.

Get a 2nd and a 5th for him with absolutely no leverage whatsoever

Crickets.....
I am surprised that teams wanted Lock, Jones, and Haskins over him though.. along with that cheap contract. But we will never know all the real dynamics involved at the end of the day. Imo

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure why you keep saying this. It’s a terrible analogy. They weren’t dating and it wasn’t a personal relationship. This was his job. It would’ve been much better if he hadn’t laid down like a crybaby and instead wanted to fight and compete for his job and his livelihood.
It's the same damn thing. Maybe you've never followed a team on Instagram before but his phone is blowing up with alerts that he's been replaced. I'd have done the same thing.

How did he lay down like a crybaby? Because he didn't publicly complain? Youda hated on him for that too. All he did was show up and work. Like a man. This is nonsense.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rosen can do whatever he wants on his personal social media, if people are upset that he says nothing negative, but removes his photos from the job he knows he is losing - it sounds like those people have the problems.

Go stalk another person and critique their personal life.

Agreed. Amazes me how people expect him to stay quiet and loyal to the end but when he is treated like crap by the team, it is just business and he should suck it up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave