Alright, how do you think Rosen will do in Miami?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm wondering what excuse Rosen fans will give next year.

A red flag I missed on Rosen....dont draft college QBs that arent winners. That was Cutlers big red flag coming out of Vanderbilt. College competition is so much weaker that a really good QB should be good for 8+ wins.

Rosen lost more every season college than Murray has lost in his life.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What has Kyler lost, like 2 games ever as a starter? I guess that's something.

Rosen will be an AFC Pro Bowler in 2-3 years. Brady, Ben, Rivers will all pack it in soon.
It'll be Mayfield, Rosen, and Watson for a while, since Mahomes will be busy at the time practicing for the
Super Bowl.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
I’m pulling for him. He’ll have to improve considerably. He’ll have to earn the job to be a starting QB on an NFL team and not just hope that it gets handed to him because the team has bottomed out and doesn’t have any other options. Hopefully he won’t be under any misconception that his failure in AZ was solely the result of his bad offensive line and lack of receiver corps, poor coaching. While all those things were true it was also the case that he wasn’t a legitimate NFL starter based on his own poor play. I hope it works out. Best of luck Josh.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crazy that if the Dolphins are as bad as everyone thinks they will be...Josh Rosen could be in this very same position next year with them grabbing Tua. Nuts!

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Miami had one of the best ever in Marino..... if Rosen ends his career as the second best Miami QB to not win a SB.... I can live with that.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rosen handled himself like a true professional while he was here. Never complained when he was surrounded with dysfunction and getting demolished every Sunday. He also had some moments where he looked like he was the first legitimate young QBOTF we have had since Lomax (sorry Jake fans).

However, there were way too many other times that you just had to block out to remain positive. He only threw for 250+ yards in a game one time all season (252). He failed to even top 150 yards 6 times in 13 starts. He went for over a month without throwing a TD pass. He only completed 60% or more of his passes in 3 of 13 starts. He finished 33rd in YPA and was the only player under 6.5 YPA with 5.8. The situation he inherited was undoubtedly tough, but that is a paltry level of production no matter how you look at it. Especially considering how much junk time was at the end of basically every game.

I really don't see him turning it around completely. He looks like Leinart with a little more arm strength. He might be able to get by in a system catered to his strengths, like I hoped would happen with KK, but going to a team like the Dolphins could break him and leave him disinterested for good.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since we screwed him over and traded him... he will probably go on to be great while Murray gives us some exciting plays and gets injured with a short career. Sounds about right for the Cardinals especially the way they handled this whole situation.

AZCats

Veteran
Reaction score
I think he is going to shine provided the put a good team around him. It will be glorious watching him succeed while the Cards are failing.

Yes I am still pissed off at the most ridiculous pick ever.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel bad for the kid. Between the line situation and the coaching staff, he was in a really rough spot last year and in Miami he's basically going to the same situation. A roster devoid of talent and a coach who has never even been a coordinator.

Whatever Rosen's potential once was... it's going to be hard to get there. I think he will struggle, Miami will draft a "QBOTF" next year and he will find himself needing to audition just to make a roster.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to laugh at some of the comments by some of us. I guess being a Cardinal fan leads to full fledged masochism. Rosen was no doubt placed in a difficult spot playing under last year's circumstances. But let's not kid ourselves, he certainly did contribute to the mess also. Why is it though that some on this board believe that just because we drafted this kid a year ago, we then have to absorb that mistake for years to come. If Rosen was truly as good as most of us thought he was when we drafted him, we would have won 5-6 games & he'd still be our QBOF. When you come in DEAD last in the business world, expect changes to be made. Picking 1st overall meant we could upgrade the most important position on the field. And that's exactly what we did. We DON'T owe Rosen anything, and we certainly didn't do him wrong. Those pining & whining on his behalf nauseate me. That's the point that Smith Sr. was making. There are no guarantees in life & no guarantees on the football field. Each and every year someone is coming after your job. Be a man & protect it. Rosen has moved on & this will be a lesson in life for him. He's skilled enough to have a decent career & I hope he does. But, I for one, will NOT criticize the Cardinal's FO for what had to happen.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He starts soon, but they’re admittedly tanking so it will be hard to show much. OL is weaker than last season.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I'm wondering what excuse Rosen fans will give next year.

A red flag I missed on Rosen....dont draft college QBs that arent winners. That was Cutlers big red flag coming out of Vanderbilt. College competition is so much weaker that a really good QB should be good for 8+ wins.

Rosen lost more every season college than Murray has lost in his life.

And that matter not one freaking bit in the NFl.We get your all in on being a Murray nuthugger

Wonderboy Murray is going to find out about losing real quick .Then he can run to spinmaster Daddy to deflect his blame.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I have to laugh at some of the comments by some of us. I guess being a Cardinal fan leads to full fledged masochism. Rosen was no doubt placed in a difficult spot playing under last year's circumstances. But let's not kid ourselves, he certainly did contribute to the mess also. Why is it though that some on this board believe that just because we drafted this kid a year ago, we then have to absorb that mistake for years to come. If Rosen was truly as good as most of us thought he was when we drafted him, we would have won 5-6 games & he'd still be our QBOF. When you come in DEAD last in the business world, expect changes to be made. Picking 1st overall meant we could upgrade the most important position on the field. And that's exactly what we did. We DON'T owe Rosen anything, and we certainly didn't do him wrong. Those pining & whining on his behalf nauseate me. That's the point that Smith Sr. was making. There are no guarantees in life & no guarantees on the football field. Each and every year someone is coming after your job. Be a man & protect it. Rosen has moved on & this will be a lesson in life for him. He's skilled enough to have a decent career & I hope he does. But, I for one, will NOT criticize the Cardinal's FO for what had to happen.

We get it. You think we've upgraded; I'm ambivalent on Murray. Furthermore, I'm both unsure if we've upgraded and certain we didn't have a chance to see how good Rosen could be. Add that to the fact that we got fleeced on drafting/trading Rosen, and I'm super pissed with this already suspect FO.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We get it. You think we've upgraded; I'm ambivalent on Murray. Furthermore, I'm both unsure if we've upgraded and certain we didn't have a chance to see how good Rosen could be. Add that to the fact that we got fleeced on drafting/trading Rosen, and I'm super pissed with this already suspect FO.

Stout, if you really don’t think that Murray is an upgrade over Rosen, then there’s nothing I can say to change your mind. When he starts playing later this year, maybe you’ll have a change of heart. I also think your disdain for our FO is at least a little misguided. Last year’s debacle can be blamed more on MB than SK. Drafting Rosen last year was the right thing to do. Unfortunately, it didn’t pan out. We were fortunate to get what we got for him & I don’t see that as a fleecing. On paper, SK is having a great draft. We’ll see how it plays out. I will guarantee you that we will be an exciting team to watch next year. I know you’re a diehard, and like all of us, just want to see us win. I’m confident we’re making major strides right now.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish the kid well and will be rooting for him. We did him dirty!

I agree with the first part, I wish him well.

I disagree with the second part. Nobody, well very few, in this league are guaranteed anything. Rosen had an opportunity, no matter how brief, and he wasn't able to show them he was worth keeping. Such is life in the NFL

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think his personality will mesh well with Jim Caldwell.

:sarcasm:
IF Caldwell is the OC, than Rosen could thrive. Hes credited for making Stafford the no.1 overall pick. He had his best years under Caldwell.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave