Wow, Doug Baldwin may be done at 30...

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Amazing career for a guy who went undrafted. Even Harbaugh, with the 49ers at the time and his college coach, passed on him. Dude gets to the NFL and lights it up. It's amazing how badly these guys miss sometimes when evaluating prospects.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As I got bigger .... wing, outside center, inside center, flanker, lock and prop

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Amazing career for a guy who went undrafted. Even Harbaugh, with the 49ers at the time and his college coach, passed on him. Dude gets to the NFL and lights it up. It's amazing how badly these guys miss sometimes when evaluating prospects.
Amazing? Even by undrafted standards, I would say guys like Wes Welker, Antonio Gates, Priest Holmes, James Harrison, John Randle, Warren Moon, hell even Kurt Warner had "amazing" careers for someone undrafted.

Regardless, yeah Baldwin had a good career for an undrafted player.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Amazing? Even by undrafted standards, I would say guys like Wes Welker, Antonio Gates, Priest Holmes, James Harrison, John Randle, Warren Moon, hell even Kurt Warner had "amazing" careers for someone undrafted.

Regardless, yeah Baldwin had a good career for an undrafted player.
None of them retired prior to 30 and yeah they ALL had good careers

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Baldwin was a flat out baller....I wish him the best.

Can't say I'd be sad to not watch him twice a year though.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Doug Baldwin WR, Seattle Seahawks
NFL Network's Mike Garofolo reports that an official announcement on Doug Baldwin's retirement is unlikely "any time soon" because of salary cap reasons.
Essentially, Baldwin could lose a "couple" million dollars off his signing bonus if he officially retires. For a variety of monetary reasons, he is better off waiting for the Seahawks to release him. Garofolo firmly believes the 30-year-old wideout has played his final down.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dude has a Stanford degree to fall back on, he will be fine if he calls it quits.

Yeah that..... And he's already made more than the average Joe makes in 10 lifetimes, I don't think we'll be seeing him in a line at a soup kitchen anytime soon.