Can we fire our GM during the draft?

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
and yet for years, you called me and others out for seeing what was obvious. Same happened on the Suns board with Igor. Maybe slow you're roll with the haterade in the future for those who can actually be objective about their teams.

Nail him to the cross Cheese.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LOL... you realize that Humphries always ends up back on IR, Gilbert has too the last two seasons, Sweezy is mediocre at best. That O-line is set up to fail just like last year's because it's a) not very good to start with and b) made up of a bunch of guys who perpetually get injured and end up on IR.
Kyler Murray, much like Russel Wilson, doesn't need that good of an O line to be successful due to his mobility.

Look at Seahawks O line during Wilson's tenure and it's always been absolute dog crap yet they've always managed to be a playoff team except last season.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
As much as folks like bashing Keim, I think he is MUCH safer than y’all think. He is practically a lifer with the organization, and the Bidwill family, with few exceptions has remained loyal to employees that are loyal to the Cards. Think how long Rod Graves (who built most of our SB roster) hung around.

Michael won’t get rid of Keim while KK remains our coach. after bailing on Wilkes after only one year, KK is practically guaranteed at least 3-4 years to build this thing up. Keim will be with us for the entire ride.

Also, looking at some of the boneheaded picks other teams have made, I actually think Keim is doing a good job this year, and there are several GMs that I’d classify as worse.

I Wish we’d have parlayed one of our picks for an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick... but we’ve filled needs with interesting pieces.

Looking forward to who we bring in with the later rounds tomorrow.

Go Cards!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hate the pick for Murray, but protection was the biggest priority! They assume--incorrectly--that Murray's speed can negate the worst o-line in football. And secondary to that we need WRs too! Murphy is a good player, but...

D.U.Keim is a failure.
Or maybe we have a line coach that is WOS. I hope so anyway

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bidwill is more hands on with football decisions than ever. I believe he was behind Kliff and Kyler but Keim should still get criticism for the handling of Rosen. The owner can call whatever shots he wants but it’s easier when you have a GM that’s already trending down. Plus he had just signed an extension a year ago.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Round 1 everyone -. Draft defense! Build a great defense.

Round 2 - why you drafting defense you idiot!
Because...

Round 1 there were generational talents at the top. Allen, Williams, Bosa are all monster players who can transform a defense from day 1. Then there were players like Ed Oliver, Devin White, Devin Bush, Rashan Gary who could also make a good defense great. Round 2, we grab a talented but rather short defensive back instead of grabbing one of the big offensive lineman which is a tremendous need for us. You draft a QB #1 and yet you do nothing to protect him in the draft while the free agent signings resemble a season 5 episode of MASH. No QB is effective from his back. Keim did nothing to address that. Any linemen he gets from here on out won't make any kind of an impact right away.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler Murray, much like Russel Wilson, doesn't need that good of an O line to be successful due to his mobility.

Look at Seahawks O line during Wilson's tenure and it's always been absolute dog crap yet they've always managed to be a playoff team except last season.
It wasn't their offense that kept them competitive. Their defense was one of the league's best. Look at Wilson's Super Bowl games. Not that impressive. Hell, these are his yardage numbers in every one of his playoff games:

Remember that fantastic comeback game against GB? He was 14 of 29 for 209 yards, 1TD, 4 INT. 4 frigging picks. In a playoff game. And still won but this was more the ineptitude of GB than any brilliance by him. This is why I'm not doing handsprings over Murray. Not much overall success with these mobile QB's.

supercardss

Banned - Prior Troll
Reaction score
It wasn't their offense that kept them competitive. Their defense was one of the league's best. Look at Wilson's Super Bowl games. Not that impressive. Hell, these are his yardage numbers in every one of his playoff games:

Remember that fantastic comeback game against GB? He was 14 of 29 for 209 yards, 1TD, 4 INT. 4 frigging picks. In a playoff game. And still won but this was more the ineptitude of GB than any brilliance by him. This is why I'm not doing handsprings over Murray. Not much overall success with these mobile QB's.

So because he's black he can't win superbowls? OK bro.

AZCats

Veteran
Reaction score
This front office has failed every which way you can. Mark my word, April 25 2019 will go down as the day that one of the biggest mistakes ever made in the NFL happened.

Bookmark this post because I will be back in a couple years saying "I told you so"

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Remember these names.

Quinnen Williams
Nick Bosa
Deebo Samuel
DK Metcalf
Greedy Williams
Rock Ya sin
Cody Ford
Dalton Risner

Quote me. Save this post. Take a screenshot of it. Drink the kool aid all you want. @cheesebeef has been right all along. Keim is horrible at drafting. Apologise for all the heat you gave him. I have a ton of respect for him in standing in the face of you Keim criticism deflecting yes men kool aid slurping sheep.

We will regret passing on all these guys. I will always be a fan of this team but cardinals fans need to grow a backbone. So many people on here saying we need to believe in the team and FO. They know much better than us. Give me a break. 7 years Keim has controlled the draft and he has been abysmal. I could literally go back and most players i would have taken in spots where Keim took someone else have been better.

And before you criticize me, I'm sure I don't make as much money as most on here. Its a decent wage for someone my age but nowhere near the throwaway money some of you probably have, but i buy a jersey every year, fork up a bunch of cash to go to multiple games every year. Basically pump a ton of money into this franchise.

But honestly go ahead ban me for this rant but I've invested so much time money and complete devotion for this team. When all the other kids laughed cuz i chose the cardinals as my team. The team my family and grandfather chose (the only real father figure I've ever had in my life) the cardinals. When most kids took the easy way out with the cowboys, 49ers and Steelers. I stayed loyal to my state and my team.

I truly feel for you guys that have been following longer than me, waiting for that day of validation. I hope one day it will come, but to me doesn't seem anywhere in our near future.

Hope im wrong doubt I am though. Oh and don't be so shocked when Rosen turns out better than Murray.

AZCats

Veteran
Reaction score
W T F?

Mobile QB = black??

Steve Young was black?

Fran Tarkenton?

Staubach?

You will always have people like that. They turn everything into a race issue. They are obsessed with it.

Let me explain this for the idiots.

The really athletic QBs tend to be black guys. It isn't because they are black that they don't succeed. It is because their style of QB doesn't work in the long run in the NFL. Like I said before, in this day and age when the extremely athletic QB seems to be coveted the slow white guys are still the best QBs out there. Brady, Rivers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rodgers(most athletic of the elite). It is not some weird anomaly. That is what succeeds in the NFL. Heck perhaps the most nonathletic QB in history is also the greatest QB in history. Brady. You could have clocked his 40 at the combine with a sun dial. And you know with his age he is probably half as fast now.

Steve Young, Just like Elway, didn't win it all until they got older and became pocket passers.

So, for whatever reason, QBs like Murray by and large do not succeed in the NFL. And for the life of me I can not understand why NFL execs can't seem to figure it out. Well... actually I do know why. They let the media dictate who the top picks are. It would be interesting to see how drafts would be if there was zero media analysis of prospects and zero mock drafts. Remember, these "experts" in the media are not really experts. 99% of these guys didn't play any organized sports past middle school. They are just guys who like football that also happen to get paid to write about it. Anyone on this forum can do what these writers do and yet for some reason a lot of NFL GMs listen to these guys.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you're going to do something as zany outside the box as hiring Kingsbury then I get the idea that you need to be committed to that path.

But I also agree, that I think it's more likely that we passed up on an All-Pro defender somewhere in those top 3 picks and that Rosen outlasts Murray in the league. But my worry with Murray isn't talent, I think he has a lot more talent than Rosen, but talent won't matter of he gets broken in half.

I'm rooting for Murray hard core, hope it works, hope he is a superstar, but I'm going to be terrified anytime I see him get popped.

supercardss

Banned - Prior Troll
Reaction score
You will always have people like that. They turn everything into a race issue. They are obsessed with it.

The really athletic QBs tend to be black guys. It isn't because they are black that they don't succeed. It is because their style of QB doesn't work in the long run in the NFL. Like I said before, in this day and age when the extremely athletic QB seems to be coveted the slow white guys are still the best QBs out there. Brady, Rivers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rodgers(most athletic of the elite). It is not some weird anomaly. That is what succeeds in the NFL. Heck perhaps the most nonathletic QB in history is also the greatest QB in history. Brady. You could have clocked his 40 at the combine with a sun dial. And you know with his age he is probably half as fast now.

Steve Young, Just like Elway, didn't win it all until they got older and became pocket passers.

So, for whatever reason, QBs like Murray by and large do not succeed in the NFL. And for the life of me I can not understand why NFL execs can't seem to figure it out. Well... actually I do know why. They let the media dictate who the top picks are. It would be interesting to see how drafts would be if there was zero media analysis of prospects and zero mock drafts. Remember, these "experts" in the media are not really experts. 99% of these guys didn't play any organized sports past middle school. They are just guys who like football that also happen to get paid to write about it. Anyone on this forum can do what these writers do and yet for some reason a lot of NFL GMs listen to these guys.

Lets be honest people assume because he's black he cannot read a defense but Murray is a five tool weapon baby.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So because he's black he can't win superbowls? OK bro.
Wow, gleaned that did you? I bet you see racism behind every blade of grass don't you. See, you can't hide from facts, try as you might, so you decide to make this a race issue. And not all mobile QB's are black, genius.

Reactions: PJ1

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Right. Who won this past Super Bowl? A 41 year old pocket passer. Who did he beat to get there? The 2018 golden boy then he beat the other golden boy. Hell, the Super Bowl was one missed call from being between 2 40 year old pocket passers. The season before, was it the more mobile Carson Wentz? Nope, his pocket passer backup. Truth hurts sometimes but some just focus on race.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave