2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray discreetly put in a word for drafting Cody Ford.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
98.7 Arizona Sports
@AZSports

·
1m

Replying to
@AZSports
More on facing the challenge of the NFL:

"For me, I think it's coming in, working hard everyday. If I fail a little bit that's fine, everybody fails, but at the same time get back up, keep going, keep pushing and just making sure I'm doing my best to keep this thing going."

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Still trying to figure out how some people seem to think Keim could've shopped Rosen without tipping his hand that he was planning to take Murray and move on from Rosen. :shrug:

If you shop your starting QB, everyone knows you're planning to move on from him. To an interested team, his value is propped up only by the concern that other interested teams could offer more.

I'd guess that any team with even the remotest willingness to offer a first-round pick wanted to wait and see who was on the board when their pick came up before pulling the trigger. For example, had the Giants taken Haskins, perhaps the Redskins would've pulled the trigger on a trade.

I think Keim had to wait until the draft played out for any chance to get a first-rounder, and it didn't play out well for the Cardinals, so now he needs to hope that the few teams left with any interest in a QB (Miami, SD, NE) are sufficiently interested to give up a 2nd, in order to prevent one of the others from getting him. And even now... a team like Miami might wait to see whether Lock falls to them. Or someone else they love might be on the board when their 2nd-rounder comes up, and they might forget all about Rosen.

The market just isn't there, and there's no other way Keim could've played it. This was an inevitable result of Rosen's awful rookie season and the decision to draft Murray.

...dbs
Again my point is as its always been, don't take Murray #1. They should have taken Bosa and avoided this situation. The word for weeks is that Rosen would not return a #1, wasn't a surprise on draft day there were no offers. I've always maintained ARZ should stick with Rosen if they weren't going to get a 1st rounder. There apparently was no market for Murray because ARZ did not offers from LA or anyone to move up to #1 because no one wanted Murray. Had ARZ been able to trade down and get an extra 1st rounder plus more then take Murray then so be it but that wasn't and didn't happen because OAK valued the picks they had more than Murray and shockingly Bosa. SF got the guy they wanted all along.

I would have been ecstatic with Bosa and potentially Murphy with our first two picks. Terrible draft so far IMO. Murray better pan out or this franchise is going to be set back for years blundering 2 Top 10 picks on QB's in consecutive years.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything less than 10-6 is failure. After all he is "transcendent and a game changer."

He is (according to some) the best QB to ever play the position in high school or college, so maybe 10-6 is a low expectation, am I right? #greatestthingsinceslicedbread

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
He is (according to some) the best QB to ever play the position in high school or college, so maybe 10-6 is a low expectation, am I right? #greatestthingsinceslicedbread

Ain`t it the truth.Going to change the NFl,never get sacked,leap tall buildings at a single bound,stop a speeding locomotive,stop global warming,end world hunger,stop inflation,force World Peace,cure all illnesses and then on Tuesday...…...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ain`t it the truth.Going to change the NFl,never get sacked,leap tall buildings at a single bound,stop a speeding locomotive,stop global warming,end world hunger,stop inflation,force World Peace,cure all illnesses and then on Tuesday...…...

You must be registered for see images attach

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anything less than 10-6 is failure.After all he is" transcendent and a game changer."
You are a damn fool if you think this team is going 10-6 after a new regime and new players. Don’t try to move goal-posts so you can $h*t on Kyler and bitch to board when we don’t go that record. Foh. By that logic we should be 11-5 since Rosen has a year under his belt but you won’t put that on him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kinda tough to quibble with the high school record. Three state championships in Texas and something nuts like 47-2 or something. He’d beat the snot outta saguaro!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda tough to quibble with the high school record. Three state championships in Texas and something nuts like 47-2 or something. He’d beat the snot outta saguaro!

No blemishes on his high school record.

His team won three straight state championships and 43 games in a row. He missed one start during this streak and finished his career with a perfect 42–0 record as a starting quarterback.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am coming around to Murray now that Rosen is officially gone. Bringing KK to the NFL is a big risk. Might as well go all in with the guy you really want. The floor is terrifying, but the ceiling could be historically awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA