OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pre-Draft Analysis
Murphy has the balance, recognition skills and athletic ability to develop above-average cover skills. He's a ball hawk who reads the quarterback, he isn't afraid to come off his assignment to play the ball, and he might have the best ball skills of any defensive back in the country. He's a physical player who flashes the ability to lower the boom on the ball carrier.

Post-Draft Analysis
Murphy projects as the Cardinals' nickel corner and he has the skills to excel in that role. He also has the potential to develop into a starter early in his career, which is important considering free-agent signing Robert Alford is coming off a disappointing 2018 season and was released by Atlanta. Arizona has struggled to find help at CB opposite star Patrick Peterson. -- Steve Muench

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Murphy is solid. We have needed a second cb forever, and he has a good argument for BPA. I would have gone WR if Harry wasn't picked by the Patriots just before.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards said they had him rated best cornerback in the draft.

To walk away with best QB (Murray) and best CB (Murphy) is awesome.

Dude, I have the feeling that you're trying to recruit me into the army.. . lololol... I cracked myself up.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KK being interviewed on Thursday evening said there was a player on the Cards Board at #15 that was still avaialbe ( for the Friday round 2 ). Gambo said it was most likely Murphy and the Cards went after him as he was by far the BPA. IMO he is a real steal. He may be the best CB in this years's draft.