Close to a deal (Rosen) with Miami

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think our free agents is worth two wins. I believe our coach is worth one. I believe Murray will be somewhere between 1-3 WAR year 1.

So I am going to pick less than 6 wins is disappointing. 7 wins is likely. Anything above is gravy

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think our free agents is worth two wins. I believe our coach is worth one. I believe Murray will be somewhere between 1-3 WAR year 1.

So I am going to pick less than 6 wins is disappointing. 7 wins is likely. Anything above is gravy

As much as I like Kyler's potential - he is a rookie QB. No rookie qb's have winning seasons.

I would consider 6-10 where we are in all the games a huge success. Basically I am hoping we follow the same path the Browns have accomplished in the last year or so.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
So Keim traded a first a third and a fifth for a second rounder?

Probably doesn’t sound as bad after a few brewskis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

At least we got something back.. most teams that do this, never recover squat.

Just trying to make it easier to move on from. Haha

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
No doubt Rosen would have a tougher time beating out Murray but that is no reason to turtle. I agree with Steve Smith, be a man and a professional and prove to the world and yourself that the Cards made a mistake in drafting Murray. Make yourself attractive to another team so that you have additional opportunities to be relevant in the NFL.

Pouting does nothing to help your cause and helps feed the narrative that you do not have the right personality to be a leader of men. IMO there is no debating this. You either be professional or you pout, which one better serves you?

I agree with you... 15 years ago. These are different times now man. These kids are coddled and told how great they are from the age of 10. Steve Smith himself threw a fit when they shipped him out of baltimore. Big Ben cried when they drafted a QB in the 3rd round! In a public interview. Joe Flacco cried when they drafted Lamar. Why aren't they raked over the coals? They all did it publicly. Rosen said its annoying that's it. He unfollowed them on social media? He knows just like everyone else he is getting traded. I dont see the big deal. It's the world we live in now man

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

But that's not what happened.

The Cardinals took a chance on a franchise QB and he sucked.

A much better QB came along and they moved on.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
But that's not what happened.

The Cardinals took a chance on a franchise QB and he sucked.

A much better QB came along and they moved on.

Sure, but bottom line......

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sure, but bottom line......

I want the Cardinals to take risks. And one of the ways you take risks is by trading up.

Not everyone is going to have a Brady or a Wilson work out for them. That happens like once every ten years.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I want the Cardinals to take risks. And one of the ways you take risks is by trading up.

Not everyone is going to have a Brady or a Wilson work out for them. That happens like once every ten years.

Sure I get the risk taking but at some point you have to stand back and look at the big picture.

Has the risk taking paid off? Are the Cardinals better or worse because of the moves they’ve made over the last 5 years?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
These guys all took a 5 win or less team, to a team with 10 or more wins as a rookie. Luck did it with a 2 win team.

Big Ben
Matt Ryan
Andy Dalton
Joe Flacco
Dak Prescott
Andrew Luck
RGIII
So Luck. How many of them were 3 win teams (as I originally requested, not nearly double that amount)?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree with you... 15 years ago. These are different times now man. These kids are coddled and told how great they are from the age of 10. Steve Smith himself threw a fit when they shipped him out of baltimore. Big Ben cried when they drafted a QB in the 3rd round! In a public interview. Joe Flacco cried when they drafted Lamar. Why aren't they raked over the coals? They all did it publicly. Rosen said its annoying that's it. He unfollowed them on social media? He knows just like everyone else he is getting traded. I dont see the big deal. It's the world we live in now man

He didn't do much wrong.

The other guys were likely raked over the coals at some point. That was then, this is now.

Those also were established starters. All of them have Superbowl rings.

Rosen was a rookie last year, started 13 games, with a max of 252 yards, only four games over 200, 55% completion percentage, avg 172 yards passing per start, and was the QB on the team that landed the #1 overall pick. He's not an established starter. The jury is still out if he is ever going to be a legitimate starter. He's got all the tools, but you don't get the prestige before the accomplishment. So in case, it has the potential to look worse. He hasn't earned anything in the league. He's just past the 'rookie go get the tape and stand by the goal posts' position.

He hasn't paid his dues, and acting out before paying them in any sport is a worse look than someone who has. Granted it's small things, as of now, but a bit snarky. The big question is, if we can't trade Rosen, how does he behave then?

This could get a lot worse, and the person to blame any possible future actions are on the person making them, if any, are Rosen. Keim too, but ultimately, Rosen since it would then be his actions. He doesn't have a valid reason to act out, he doesn't. He's a human being, so he doesn't have to be classy, but to be classy, he can't act like this even in this situation. Unfortunately for him, there is a narrative, right or wrong, that he can reinforce if he goes nuclear on us (trade or not). It would follow him the rest of his career and would be a strike against him on any team he goes to. If any things crop up there like this, his leash would be shorter.

It truly is in his best interests to simply not do anything else and to no comment from here on out. Anything else diminishes him. As a Cardinals fan, I hope he takes the high road, but I also do have sympathy for him, and hope he doesn't play into the negative narrative surrounding him.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You hear is presser? If Rosen is lowballed he's happy to keep depth at the QB position.
Yeah.. it's one of those "Josh is our guy" kinda things. BS. :)

But I, personally, think they do want best value possible..and are just using this line of speak to not act desperate to get rid of him. Which i believe they are... Jmo

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sure I get the risk taking but at some point you have to stand back and look at the big picture.

Has the risk taking paid off? Are the Cardinals better or worse because of the moves they’ve made over the last 5 years?

I would say the Cardinals havent taken a ton of risks.

Throughout the years they have been one of the more conservative franchises.

If I'm GM and I need a franchise QB, I'm going to keep trying to get one. The Rams dont regret trading up for Goff and hes possibly not a true franchise QB.