Close to a deal (Rosen) with Miami

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't understand what he was talking about at all.

He was basically saying the draft is all about finding replacements for other guys. That when Bosa was taken, you didn't see Solomon Thomas unfollowing the 49ers.

That Rosen is acting like he is above competition and taking those rumors of how he was arrogant in college and confirming them in the pros.

Man up and do your job, who cares if one guy gets 10 snaps another gets 10. Instead of using your fingers, get to work.

So yeah, he trashed him pretty hard and basically called him unprofessional and now 'he'll get his butt shipped somewhere else and be their problem'.

Shots fired.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Steve Smith isn't reading the situation correctly then. If the Cardinals had been straightforward with him, and hadn't jerked him around all offseason, there wouldn't be this kind of bitterness or unwillingness to "compete." (Let's be honest, there is no competition upcoming.)

And it's ironic that Steve Smith, the world's biggest cranky diva WR, is the one calling him out. Oh no, Josh Rosen unfollowed the team on Twitter? Well at least he didn't get arrested and charged for assaulting his teammate.
I don't think anyone is not calling him a hypocrite.lol. But his points were still valid to an extent. Imo.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seriously. let's just move on from last year's draft debacle and just look forward to having 4 picks in the next two rounds.

ESPN is talking about it right now. It's hard to ignore it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
With his cheap contract, being a top 10 pick last year... you don't think people would be knocking our door down if he was legit?
The point is, he's not totally legit. He's not amazing, and we wouldn't have drafted Murray if he was amazing. But the fact is, there's only a couple of teams interested in what exists solely as potential. Teams are taking a risk on Rosen if they draft him, it's not like Kevin Kolb, who showed actual exciting talent.

But we also put Rosen in an untenable situation. Pretending his trade value automatically matches with his skillset is silly.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
He was basically saying the draft is all about finding replacements for other guys. That when Bosa was taken, you didn't see Solomon Thomas unfollowing the 49ers.

That Rosen is acting like he is above competition and taking those rumors of how he was arrogant in college and confirming them in the pros.

Man up and do your job, who cares if one guy gets 10 snaps another gets 10. Instead of using your fingers, get to work.

So yeah, he trashed him pretty hard and basically called him unprofessional and now 'he'll get his butt shipped somewhere else and be their problem'.

Shots fired.
It's a cheap shot by a classless ex-player. It's downright disingenuous for him to even suggest that Rosen would have a chance to compete for the starting job.

Reactions: PJ1

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Questions for Murray supporters, what kind of year do you think he would have had with ARZ last year? If he has a Rosen type year will you be saying next year give him more time?

Hey Elsa, just let it go.

Everyone has stated whether they like the Murray pick or not, time to talk about what we should do next in the draft. Especially someone like you who does a lot of draft prep and knows a ton about the prospects, even if you are wrong about Murray :)

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Keim to Murray: “We need you to ignite this offense.”

No Steve. That is your job. It starts with actually drafting NFL talent.

If Murray has crap pieces around him this year, how will he succeed where Rosen failed?

Rosen is not gifted with the talent to elevate everyone around him. Murray's skills will do exactly that. He'll make the players around him better. That's the sign of greatness in ANY sport. I'm so excited to finally watch the Cardinals play football again. I'm not sure what it was, but Rosen's Cardinals weren't playing football.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If Murray has crap pieces around him this year, how will he succeed where Rosen failed?

....because he is a better player.

Rosen left ALOT of plays on the field last year.

He only had one good game, and if you were comparing that game to a good QB, you'd call it a mediocre game.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Ok man. Just different views on it. Agree to disagree. :)
But I don't have a view on it. I'm saying none of us know. I am arguing against the idea that because a trade hasn't been made that it clearly indicates how 31 other teams value Rosen. That is an unsubstantiated leap in logic.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Its crazy. The Giants would rather use the 6th pick in the draft on Daniel Jones than trade for Rosen. The rumors about his personality must be scaring people off.
Something sure is. Maybe we all just miscalculated last year. Maybe he would’ve kept dropping like a rock if we hadn’t traded up. Who knows. But nfl in general doesn’t seem enamored with his potential.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN is talking about it right now. It's hard to ignore it.

I'm supposed to be starting a new script that I've been DYING to write for over two years... and I know there ain't no way that's happening today, with two possible picks in the 2nd. That's exciting.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Steve Smith trashes Rosen on national TV. Calls him a spoiled baby. - ASFN's response "no biggie"

Kyler has a presser, answers basic questions - ASFN response "Worst QB ever"

LMAO

He whines more then anyone.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lot's of clips and discussion on Rosen on ESPN. They are seriously selling Rosen.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The reality is the Cardinals have zero leverage. For all we know the Dolphins are competing with nobody but themselves for Rosen.
That is our worst case scenario. But they don’t know if SD, NE want him. And NE is in the division.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The point is, he's not totally legit. He's not amazing, and we wouldn't have drafted Murray if he was amazing. But the fact is, there's only a couple of teams interested in what exists solely as potential. Teams are taking a risk on Rosen if they draft him, it's not like Kevin Kolb, who showed actual exciting talent.

But we also put Rosen in an untenable situation. Pretending his trade value automatically matches with his skillset is silly.
I never stated it automatically matches his skillset. But good QBs always have a market. You could be the freakin Seahawks right now and offer up a second for a great to good Qb. Jmo

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yet, most people are chastising the Giants for over-drafting him so what are their actions really worth? Not to mention, they've drafted a QB 3 years in a row now and kept Eli way past his prime. Are the Giants really who we're going to use as a barometer for what Rosen's "worth" is?
How about every other team that could have traded for him and didn’t?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I seriously don't get this line of thinking.

The market is slim. Rosen has a year of bad tape, which has devalued him... it's like driving a new car off the lot, it immediately loses value.

Keim screwed up the situation as much as he possibly could by waiting to field calls or be proactive when they'd figured out it was going to be Kyler. No, I never thought Rosen was going to garner a first rounder, but I think we could have improved our lot if it didn't get to the point where there was only one team bidding for him.

Why would any team offer anything more.

You guys are being delusional in your hate of the Murray pick.

Look at it like this: if you were a Redskins fan, would you have wanted your team to offer #15 for Rosen after last year? After he poured and deleted IG pics? After his college coach threw him under the bus? After his craptacular season? No I wouldnt.

2nd rounder has always been best possible.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Rosen is not gifted with the talent to elevate everyone around him. Murray's skills will do exactly that. He'll make the players around him better. That's the sign of greatness in ANY sport. I'm so excited to finally watch the Cardinals play football again. I'm not sure what it was, but Rosen's Cardinals weren't playing football.

19 different OL starters last year.
2 legit WR’s when healthy
Two terrible OC’s that couldn’t utilize David Johnson properly.

I’m not sure we’ve seen Rosen’s brand of football through all that and Murray’s ability to elevate others would be wasted in that scenario as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose