Close to a deal (Rosen) with Miami

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I posted this around 9pm EST last night along with the offer the Cards turned down. This is still not a done deal. Miami thinks the Cards might accept a 3rd or 3rd & 4th.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Kent Somers
@kentsomers

·
2m

Cardinals deal with Dolphins for Rosen is not done yet, I’m told.

Sports journalists crack me up.

"Hey, can you confirm whether this deal has happened, even though I know that, once it happens, the whole world will know it has happened, and therefore it is obvious that it has not already happened?"

"The deal has not yet happened."

"Cool. BREAKING NEWS! The deal has not yet happened!" *pats self on back*

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Somers has been crying like a baby since Murray was taken, his boy Rosen might be sent to South Florida, he would feel right at home.

Who reports something that hasn't happened yet? Jeez, Kent, get over yourself and your negative nancy ways of the world

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dolphins don't want to give a 2nd round pick.

If the Dophins don't want to cough up a 2nd round pick, the Cardinals will get a better deal later on when someone gets injured.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Crazy considering Rosen is pretty talented and $2m per year with no signing bonus is dirt cheap for any halfway decent QB.
Makes you think no other team shares your view of his talent level, huh?

I’ll admit I thought he was talented. I even dismissed last year due to the dumpster fire. But if no team is even willing to send a 2nd for him, I’m rethinking how talented he must be. That’s 31 other teams’ front offices essentially saying, “Rosen? Naw, we good!”

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Keim backed himself into a corner and now has 0 leverage. It must suck to be that dumb.

Not getting first may have been about leverage but we’re talking about picks in the 40-50’s that teams might not be willing to give up for him.

I have to give credit to @POISON who called it though.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
I do not know who is worse.

Cardinal Fans or Suns Fans.

First they are mad that we fired a coach that won 19 freaking games and reportedly had no connection to his players or at least very little.

Then they are mad that we are taking a chance on a potential game changer that could really make next season worth watching all the while heaping praises on a quarterback that won 3 games and probably is not worth a 2nd round pick.

If Rosen is so freaking good we would have already received at least a 1st round pick.

This is while fans are wishing him the best of luck in Miami. Why?

I don't get it.

I am fired up for next season to see a new Suns head coach, whoever that might be and to watch Kyler Murray do his thing as a Cardinal.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
why would you trust Keim to pick even more further down the draft? are you just hoping via a numbers game he gets lucky and hits on a pick?
Because the more you load up in a deep draft will increase odds of hitting on a prospect.. especially with a crappy gm. Say you average out your hit rate throughout the years(say 10-20%) and not try to be a genius...you end up with a Patriots like strategy. All about volume..imo

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe there has never been a real market for Rosen. Prior to the draft as well..which makes you question last year. It screams desperation move now ..to me at least.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I’ll admit I thought he was talented. I even dismissed last year due to the dumpster fire. But if no team is even willing to send a 2nd for him, I’m rethinking how talented he must be. That’s 31 other teams’ front offices essentially saying, “Rosen? Naw, we good!”

Hes not a gotta have talent.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Somers has been crying like a baby since Murray was taken, his boy Rosen might be sent to South Florida, he would feel right at home.

Who reports something that hasn't happened yet? Jeez, Kent, get over yourself and your negative nancy ways of the world
I didn't even hear him at the presser ask a single question.. uhhhh, isn't that your job pal? Boo hoo

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
Questions for Murray supporters, what kind of year do you think he would have had with ARZ last year? If he has a Rosen type year will you be saying next year give him more time?
Question for you if Murray does better than what Rosen did, would you stop talking about him

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

First they are mad that we fired a coach that won 19 freaking games and reportedly had no connection to his players or at least very little.

Then they are mad that we are taking a chance on a potential game changer that could really make next season worth watching all the while heaping praises on a quarterback that won 3 games and probably is not worth a 2nd round pick.

If Rosen is so freaking good we would have already received at least a 1st round pick.

I don't get it.

I am fired up for next season to see a new Suns head coach, whoever that might be and to watch Kyler Murray do his thing as a Cardinal.

Because judging a QB after the sh*tpile that was last season who played with a OLINE that had 4 UDFAs/castoffs and no NFL caliber WRs and a idiot HC/OC is premature and flat out stupid IMO.As for not being worth a 2nd round pick I say BS to that also.Every Gm knew or thought SK/KK were considering Murray and the Cards had little leverage.Now that Murray is the pick the Cards have no leverage at all.Every GM wants to get something for nothing and to give up as little as possible in trade.SK crapped his hat .
Why are fans wishing him luck in Miami? Why not ? he acted professionally and suffered thru a season supported by subpar talent,lousy coaching and never bitched whined ran home to Daddy /asked to be traded etc.
You don`t get it do you.As for wonderboy Murray he is just potential,hope.speculation at this time.SK/KK will sink or swim with his pick.IMO they better get the life vests.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Its crazy. The Giants would rather use the 6th pick in the draft on Daniel Jones than trade for Rosen. The rumors about his personality must be scaring people off.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

I don't get it.

I've said it for weeks and weeks, it's not about the skills of Josh Rosen, it's about our complete lack of faith in Murray. Rosen handled the entire thing with class, too, and I think a lot of us can respect that. That's why we wish him the best. It's not all about on the field/on the court performance.

In my eyes, we wasted our #1 overall pick for a guy who is going to come in, struggle, win us nothing, and end up off the team in 5 years. Josh Rosen could have also struggled and won us nothing, but at least we'd have had an awesome defense.