2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it's important to differentiate between drafting QB's at any spot and drafting back to back top 10 QB's. It seems hard to imagine giving up on a guy that you JUST considered worth moving up into the top 10 to get. If you're that unsure about that guy then I don't know how you have any confidence to make the decision to move on from him and get another guy.

Talk about throwing mud at the wall to see what sticks.

Screwing up a top pick isn't the death knell that it used to be but the Cardinals have been making a real mess of things the last couple of years and this decision isn't a clear indicator that they've righted the ship.
Wilks - Rosen. KK - Murray. It's a new era.. you turn the page. Especially if your new coach is completely enamored with a prospect..imo

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or Keim could have avoided all this and just took Bosa who would have been BPA and fill a need. Keim better get his resume ready because if KK/Murray flop this could be a career killer not just here but the league will be taking notice.
Just as equally if we kept Rosen, he flopped, and Murry went on to terrorize the NFL. That would be just as big a killer .Imo

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just as equally if we kept Rosen, he flopped, and Murry went on to terrorize the NFL. That would be just as big a killer .Imo
Had ARZ not taken Murray I have a feeling he would have dropped out of Top 10. Murray needs a KK style offense, he will not be as effective in any other type of offense. Now they have to deal with locker room drama with 2 QB's. Keim supposedly had offers for Rosen before draft but didn't like them. Of course he didn't because everyone knew they were taking Murray so no one was going to make them a legit offer. Now the only team that may be interested is NE and I think Rosen will thrive there so not only would BB fleece us, he could have Tom Brady 2.0.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Had ARZ not taken Murray I have a feeling he would have dropped out of Top 10. Murray needs a KK style offense, he will not be as effective in any other type of offense. Now they have to deal with locker room drama with 2 QB's. Keim supposedly had offers for Rosen before draft but didn't like them. Of course he didn't because everyone knew they were taking Murray so no one was going to make them a legit offer. Now the only team that may be interested is NE and I think Rosen will thrive there so not only would BB fleece us, he could have Tom Brady 2.0.
Lots of speculation to unpack there... I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I put it somewhere else on this board, but I will say it here. Murray does not get a 2nd contract in the NFL. He will be an all time bust pick. I hope I am wrong.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim supposedly had offers for Rosen before draft but didn't like them. Of course he didn't because everyone knew they were taking Murray so no one was going to make them a legit offer.
Still trying to figure out how some people seem to think Keim could've shopped Rosen without tipping his hand that he was planning to take Murray and move on from Rosen. :shrug:

If you shop your starting QB, everyone knows you're planning to move on from him. To an interested team, his value is propped up only by the concern that other interested teams could offer more.

I'd guess that any team with even the remotest willingness to offer a first-round pick wanted to wait and see who was on the board when their pick came up before pulling the trigger. For example, had the Giants taken Haskins, perhaps the Redskins would've pulled the trigger on a trade.

I think Keim had to wait until the draft played out for any chance to get a first-rounder, and it didn't play out well for the Cardinals, so now he needs to hope that the few teams left with any interest in a QB (Miami, SD, NE) are sufficiently interested to give up a 2nd, in order to prevent one of the others from getting him. And even now... a team like Miami might wait to see whether Lock falls to them. Or someone else they love might be on the board when their 2nd-rounder comes up, and they might forget all about Rosen.

The market just isn't there, and there's no other way Keim could've played it. This was an inevitable result of Rosen's awful rookie season and the decision to draft Murray.

...dbs

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel good about this pick but a majority of this board is against it while a majority loved our previous 1st rounders initially & look how that turned out.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I feel good about this pick but a majority of this board is against it while a majority loved our previous 1st rounders initially & look how that turned out.

.For the team I hope Murray works out.I hate the pick but I am a Cards fan.It is what it is.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler Murray QB, OKLA
Height: 5-10, Weight: 207

He is intriguing. I like the way he can throw the football, but he did it in an offense with five guys that are going to get drafted, in front of him. There is a lot to like, but he has bust potential written all over him. I do not like quarterbacks that stand 5-10.

C-

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/draft-tracker/

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA