Why cant people see that Rosen has little value....to anyone

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Why would anybody want Josh Rosen, that's the question to ask. Cards had to cut losses and go with Murray.

Rosen's value is low because he played poorly last season, and he regressed, wasn't accurate or decisive.

Fair market value is what others perceive, and Rosen is not coveted by other teams.

He is Jay Cutler 2.0 at best, and a 3 year flame out at worst, there is a reason he was the 4th QB chosen last year.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree. He does have value to someone, the problem is the dolt in the GM 's office completely overestimated the value and allegedly couldn't get his crap together soon enough to effect a reasonable trade.

Think about that...we all attuned Keim was playing the game but the Cards brain trust were unorganized at best, clueless at worst. All with the top pick.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
This incinerated Rosen all to avoid blaming last years cluster on the real culprit the GM or whoever made the call on management and the roster.

Rosen might not be any good but the tell of how well you do your job is to get something for someone you picked in the first freaking round just last year.

OMG this is a dumpster fire.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Why would anybody want Josh Rosen, that's the question to ask. Cards had to cut losses and go with Murray.

Rosen's value is low because he played poorly last season, and he regressed, wasn't accurate or decisive.

Fair market value is what others perceive, and Rosen is not coveted by other teams.

He is Jay Cutler 2.0 at best, and a 3 year flame out at worst, there is a reason he was the 4th QB chosen last year.

********.Rosen played bad in a horrible situation.Other GMs realize that and every GM wants to get something for the lowest cost possible.I expect Rosen to be traded today.Somebody will give him a chance with a NFl caliber supporting cast.Judging him a bust after one season in that clusterf**k season last year is stupid and premature.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
He has potential. The value is harder to quantify. The difference is having your own children versus adopting a child.

Right now he has more value to the Cardinals than other NFL teams it appears.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This incinerated Rosen all to avoid blaming last years cluster on the real culprit the GM or whoever made the call on management and the roster.

Rosen might not be any good but the tell of how well you do your job is to get something for someone you picked in the first freaking round just last year.

OMG this is a dumpster fire.
Rosen is the patsy for a GM who did EVERYTHING wrong last year...he has a serious lack of judgement for one and is stinks at anything other than 3-4 round picks.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Rosen is the patsy for a GM who did EVERYTHING wrong last year...he has a serious lack of judgement for one and is stinks at anything other than 3-4 round picks.

Steve Wilks was the owner's decision not Keim's. Last year's fiasco is on Michael Bidwill. He indirectly admitted it in the presser where the Wilks' firing was made official.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
********.Rosen played bad in a horrible situation.Other GMs realize that and every GM wants to get something for the lowest cost possible.I expect Rosen to be traded today.Somebody will give him a chance with a NFl caliber supporting cast.Judging him a bust after one season in that clusterf**k season last year is stupid and premature.

I'd like to report this man to the mods,

as being correct.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As long as he doesn't get Keim-cute today and take a bunch of small school off the radar team captains, maybe we can make something really good happen today that will make the shock of all this change seem like it could work.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Rosen's loss in value:

1/3 FO mismanagement of trade

1/3 Rosen's poor play

1/6 "if the Cards gave up on him, what does that say?"

1/6 "my fans are more excited by college potential/draftee than a guy with one year of terrible NFL stats, extenuating circumstances notwithstanding."

science.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. He does have value to someone, the problem is the dolt in the GM 's office completely overestimated the value and allegedly couldn't get his crap together soon enough to effect a reasonable trade.
Exactly what value do you think Rosen had, in terms of draft picks?

Are you saying he has first round value, but Keim overestimated it and asked for even MORE, thus blowing the chance for a 1st rounder?!?

Are you saying he has second round value? In that case, how can you fault Keim for holding out hope for a 1st rounder yesterday, depending on how the draft fell (e.g. Giants taking Haskins, Redskins being unhappy and pulling the trigger on a trade)? And for all we know, he could still fetch a 2nd rounder, so how exactly has Keim screwed up?

Are you saying he has third round value? In that case, how can you fault Keim for holding out for a possible 2nd rounder today, depending on how the draft falls?

I'd love to hear what Keim should've done and how much he could've received for Rosen in a trade, rather than just hearing that he is a dolt who couldn't effect a reasonable trade.

...dbs

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What a wacky take.

Blowing out your entire coaching staff and your first-round QB after one year is EXACTLY taking blame for screwing up last year. Last year was an unmitigated disaster.

Going in an entirely different direction with the coaching staff, recognizing that you need a new QB, and taking the guy the new head coach covets, is an attempt to recover from last year's disaster. It has nothing to do with "incinerating Rosen to avoid blame".

And given that last year's gamble on Rosen failed, you try to get as much as you can for him, but whatever you can get, last year's cost is sunk.

Those who think Keim could've got more for Rosen just don't seem to appreciate how little value he has. And never seem to have any idea of just how Keim could've got more for Rosen.

...dbs

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rosen's loss in value:

1/3 FO mismanagement of trade

1/3 Rosen's poor play

1/6 "if the Cards gave up on him, what does that say?"

1/6 "my fans are more excited by college potential/draftee than a guy with one year of terrible NFL stats, extenuating circumstances notwithstanding."

science.
Overall fair analysis... but please enlighten us with how the FO could've got more for Rosen, given all of the other points?

...dbs

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's funny that everyone on this board expected a 1st for Rosen when nearly all outside sources were saying 2nd, 3rd, or even a 4th.

If Rosen had shown even a shred of evidence that he was good, then this would be different, but Rosen has significant warts.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Overall fair analysis... but please enlighten us with how the FO could've got more for Rosen, given all of the other points?

...dbs

I think it is more than fair to say they should have trying to trade him at least a week before the draft. Waiting 10 minutes until our pick or whatever makes no sense.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly what value do you think Rosen had, in terms of draft picks?

Are you saying he has first round value, but Keim overestimated it and asked for even MORE, thus blowing the chance for a 1st rounder?!?

Are you saying he has second round value? In that case, how can you fault Keim for holding out hope for a 1st rounder yesterday, depending on how the draft fell (e.g. Giants taking Haskins, Redskins being unhappy and pulling the trigger on a trade)? And for all we know, he could still fetch a 2nd rounder, so how exactly has Keim screwed up?

Are you saying he has third round value? In that case, how can you fault Keim for holding out for a possible 2nd rounder today, depending on how the draft falls?

I'd love to hear what Keim should've done and how much he could've received for Rosen in a trade, rather than just hearing that he is a dolt who couldn't effect a reasonable trade.

...dbs

Fair questions. In a post on another thread (age robs me of remembering which) I said I thought best case scenario was really a 2nd or 3rd rounder due to what is on film for Rosen. I believe that Keim settled on a 1st or more using flawed thinking as well as ego and wouldn't entertain anything less.

In my heart, I think Rosen is worth a 3rd rounder at this time and if made that offer, Keim should jump on it. If someone comes in offering a 2nd rounder Keim should break his jaw agreeing to it.

As for the dolt comment, I believe Keim to be an incompetent GM and is actually regressing.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
but please enlighten us with how the FO could've got more for Rosen, given all of the other points?

I think starting earlier maximizes the chances for a better deal

I think giving teams 10 mins when you are on the clock puts the pressure on you, not them

hypothetical, but my take

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
What a wacky take.

Blowing out your entire coaching staff and your first-round QB after one year is EXACTLY taking blame for screwing up last year. Last year was an unmitigated disaster.

Going in an entirely different direction with the coaching staff, recognizing that you need a new QB, and taking the guy the new head coach covets, is an attempt to recover from last year's disaster. It has nothing to do with "incinerating Rosen to avoid blame".

And given that last year's gamble on Rosen failed, you try to get as much as you can for him, but whatever you can get, last year's cost is sunk.

Those who think Keim could've got more for Rosen just don't seem to appreciate how little value he has. And never seem to have any idea of just how Keim could've got more for Rosen.

...dbs

Considering that every GM wanting to trade for somebody wants to pay the lowest cost possible and now every GM knows Rosen likely can`t co-exist with KK/Murray the Cards are reduced to recovering pennies on their dollar.IMO GMs realize what a mess last season was and what kind of situation Rosen was in.Other GMs also realize that all they have to do is wait and someone will get Rosen for less because the bridge has been burned in AZ.I firmly believe Rosen will get traded today and end up somewhere with a actual NFL caliber team and do well.I question if it was Murray all along because of the Cards calling all of the top 3 guys yesterday and telling each one they are still in consideration for #1.Murray is the QB now and it is what it is.I don`t like it but so be it.