My Cardinals best players still available

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I only have two players ranked in the first round left on my board (A.J. Brown and Cody Ford), and they are both included in this list, but other than them, I haven’t necessarily mentioned my top ranked players. Obviously, those rankings are general relating to all 32 teams, which doesn’t matter one bit regarding the Cardinals. I have tried to put myself in Keim’s chair and looked at his board.

Personally, I would go Cody Ford or Deebo Samuel in the second round, and – if available – Jace Sternberger, Chase Winovich or Trysten Hill in the third.

Offensive linemen

Cody Ford, Oklahoma – 1C

Greg Little, Ole Miss – 2A

Eric McCoy, Texas A&M – 2A

Elgton Jenkins, Mississippi State – 2C

Terronne Prescod, N.C. State – 2C

Dalton Risner, Kansas State – 3B

Wide receiver

A.J. Brown, Ole Miss – 1B

Deebo Samuel, South Carolina – 2A

Parris Campbell, Ohio State – 2C

Kelvin Harmon, N.C. State – 2C

Tight end

Jace Sternberger, Texas A&M – 2B

Kaden Smith, Stanford – 2C

Edge rusher

Jaylon Ferguson, Louisiana Tech – 2A

Chase Winovich, Michigan – 2B

Justin Hollins, Oregon – 2C

Defensive linemen

Dre’Mont Jones, Ohio State – 2A

Trysten Hill, UCF – 2C

Zach Allen, Boston College – 2C

Charles Omenihu, Texas – 2C

Defensive backs

Julian love, Notre Dame – 2A

Nasir Adderley, Delaware – 2B

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Florida – 3A

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lots of good players there at #33. My favorites are WR AJ Brown, OT Cory Ford, and CB Greedy Williams LSU.

I’m not sure about Greedy Williams. I could be wrong, but I’m not sure he would be a good fit. If they are going cornerback, I am looking at Julian Love, and if Vance Joseph wants zone guys only, Byron Murphy could be an option.

Or in the third round, Joejuan Williams and Lonnie Johnson (though I would pick other guys before them).

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
It’s gotta be Cody Ford at 33. Nasty interior guys are coveted and hard to find these days. Think Brandon Brooks. Not to mention very expensive on the open market.

They can grab WR when/if they trade Rosen to Miami or at 65.

Don’t overthink this Keim!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Knowing D.U.Keim he’ll spend this pick on Jace Sternberger...ick.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Take A.J. Brown and then trade Rosen to Miami and use that pick on Deebo

That would certainly work for me! Also, I think that Keim and Bidwill would save at least some face if either the Broncos or the Patriots paid their two second round picks for Rosen.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s gotta be Cody Ford at 33. Nasty interior guys are coveted and hard to find these days. Think Brandon Brooks. Not to mention very expensive on the open market.

That is my thought as well. Plug him in at either guard spot and let Justin Pugh start at the other.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What about Sweezy?

I don’t think he is a better option than the two. Obviously they would have to battle it out in camp, but my thinking would be to draft Ford with the intention of having him start at guard.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That would work for me.
Miami wanted Rosen last yr & were going to take him at #11 had we not moved up to #10 from the Raiders. If they're going to trade Rosen, the best chance to do it for the most value would be via trade with the Dolphins for their 2nd round pick?

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
Miami wanted Rosen last yr & were going to take him at #11 had we not moved up to #10 from the Raiders. If they're going to trade Rosen, the best chance to do it for the most value would be via trade with the Dolphins for their 2nd round pick?
QFT, there are so many really good players left...We should cut our losses

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wondering why CB Greey Williams LSU dropped and not many on this board are high on him?? He has good size and speed almost 6' 2" and ran the 40 in 4.37. Thought he was a play maker.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Greedy is a carbon copy of DRC. Long, athletic, good in coverage and on jump balls. Not a great tackler.

Sweezy is our best guard at the moment. A guard rotation of Sweezy, Pugh, and Ford looks pretty good, and we're covered if there's an injury.

What do we do with AQ Shipley?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ford or Brown and I am good with it. Would be happier with Ford as we still should get a decent WR in the third.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Murphy is most likely the pick from what credible people are saying. Not thrilled with it because our WR corps is barren and our OL is still a mess but I hope that Murphy ends up being a pro bowler if they do take him.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like ford but geez we have 18 o- linemen currently on the roster with the hopes that Kugler can work his magic. We need a wr really bad. In fact I think we need two. I’m not crazy about the thought of having two rookies starting wr . But I could get excited seeing Fitz, Brown( or Samuel) Kirk and my sleeper Issabella. Sped kills and that would give us plenty.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like ford but geez we have 18 o- linemen currently on the roster with the hopes that Kugler can work his magic. We need a wr really bad. In fact I think we need two. I’m not crazy about the thought of having two rookies starting wr . But I could get excited seeing Fitz, Brown( or Samuel) Kirk and my sleeper Issabella. Sped kills and that would give us plenty.
18 but only one can block anyone the rest are garbage

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose