Who will be the Suns next head coach?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Booker doesn't have tattoos so this could help in recruiting Monty Williams.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would feel better if the Lakers had already hired Ty Lue.

Williams has a solid coaching background which could help the Suns.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. I am all for Monty Williams. Seems a reasonable option.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So are the Suns going to interview Williams anyway?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I was hoping this would happen. They fired Igor to go after this guy, and he signs with a different team.
Jones really didn't see this coming? You hire a guy, give him a crappy roster, fire him, and you expect anyone worth a damn to agree to work for you?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping this would happen. They fired Igor to go after this guy, and he signs with a different team.
Jones really didn't see this coming? You hire a guy, give him a crappy roster, fire him, and you expect anyone worth a damn to agree to work for you?

why were you hoping this would happen? So the team could feel punished for firing Igor?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps one of the Portland assistants if this report is correct.

I haven't heard anything from Wojnarowski on Williams.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I wouldn't put much stock in that tweet. It appears to be a random account with about 100 followers.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
why were you hoping this would happen? So the team could feel punished for firing Igor?

So that Jones can learn a valuable lesson. Losing out on Monty is not really that much of a punishment, but the lesson is a valuable one to learn. We'll see though. As one poster pointed out, it's a random account with very few followers, so it might not even be legitimate.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
So that Jones can learn a valuable lesson. Losing out on Monty is not really that much of a punishment, but the lesson is a valuable one to learn.
Unless they wanted to move on regardless. Not to mention it doesn't seem like a good idea to be out interviewing for a new coach with the current coach still with the team.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So that Jones can learn a valuable lesson. Losing out on Monty is not really that much of a punishment, but the lesson is a valuable one to learn. We'll see though. As one poster pointed out, it's a random account with very few followers, so it might not even be legitimate.
Give me a break. So he'll "learn a valuable lesson?" At the expense of the rest of us?? F that.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Give me a break. So he'll "learn a valuable lesson?" At the expense of the rest of us?? F that.

What expense? Losing out on a crappy coach who's had no success? It's not like they are chasing Popovich. The true expense is nobody wanting to work for you because you throw people under the bus the first chance you get.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't put much stock in that tweet. It appears to be a random account with about 100 followers.

Yeah, the guy is an idiot. He says the Suns will still interview him because Monty owes it to them for coming all that way. That makes no sense though, why interview if you have accepted the position? Why accept the position before you finish your scheduled interview with another team?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the above spells out the very reason why it was completely idiotic to make Jones the GM in the first place. No GM should have to "learn valuable lessons" immediately when taking that position, much less facing a monumental task like turning around a dumpster fire like the Suns.

An inexperienced GM, paired with a completely inexperienced roster and one of the worst owners in the league is a disastrous idea. THAT is the lesson Sarver should have learned by now, but all evidence says he never will.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if the Monty to LA report is true but I have to say, I think I prefer our overall mess to LA's situation. Maybe we can have Linda Rambis sit in on our hiring interviews so that people won't mock us for having Fitz in the room?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if the Monty to LA report is true but I have to say, I think I prefer our overall mess to LA's situation. Maybe we can have Linda Rambis sit in on our hiring interviews so that people won't mock us for having Fitz in the room?

Man... the Lakers are just such an epic trainwreck. It's crazy and awesome living in LA right now and getting to hear the meltdown every day on the radio.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson