The Selection of Kyler Murray Highlights the Dysfunction Within the Front Office

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Nope. Murray had a historic season. His worst game was close to equal to Rosens average game at UCLA

You can throw #alternative facts at me, but there is objective truth out there too, and Rosen cant even sniff Murrays jockstrap. There is a reason crappola like Haskins is getting drafted when Rosen could be traded for.

Nonsense .Murrays historic season counts for not a freaking thing in the NFL.Watch out in case Murray stops suddenly your nose might get stuck.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
No one understands how historically feeble this organization has been over the past half century better than I do. But it is somewhat comical to listen to those on this board who are now on suicide watch after we drafted a player who the consensus of draft experts agree was the best player in this draft. God bless some of you if you had to live through us drafting Steve Pisarkiewicz, Clyde Duncan, Steve Little, Larry Stegent, Kelly Stouffer, Tony Sacca, Tom Knight, Wendell Bryant, and many more.

The Cardinals were not wrong to draft Rosen last year. It was the right thing to do at the time. Hiring Wilks was abysmal, and that has MB’s fingerprints all over it. That decision alone put us in the #1 pick situation. Once there, you take the most impactful player in the draft. For once, the Cardinals admitted their mistakes from last year & took the most exciting player in the draft. Bravo!!!
I don’t think he was even close to the consensus BPA in the draft. He was the consensus pick for the first to be drafted because the Cards had the first pick.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
********.Nonsense .Murrays historic season counts for not a freaking thing in the NFL.Watch out in case Murray stops suddenly your nose might get stuck.

And if the Cards do well next year you sound like a pompous know it all with this post and 500 others you have made. Nothing to do now except see what happens.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only real dysfunction as I see it is that they had MONTHS to decide if they were going to draft Murray and had ample time to trade Rosen. Now we will be lucky to get a 3rd for him. Which means we lost our 1st and 5th rounders drafting Rosen and the worst record in the league to boot.

Oh, maybe I am convincing myself how poorly this organization is run and helping you make your argument.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
No one understands how historically feeble this organization has been over the past half century better than I do. But it is somewhat comical to listen to those on this board who are now on suicide watch after we drafted a player who the consensus of draft experts agree was the best player in this draft. God bless some of you if you had to live through us drafting Steve Pisarkiewicz, Clyde Duncan, Steve Little, Larry Stegent, Kelly Stouffer, Tony Sacca, Tom Knight, Wendell Bryant, and many more.

The Cardinals were not wrong to draft Rosen last year. It was the right thing to do at the time. Hiring Wilks was abysmal, and that has MB’s fingerprints all over it. That decision alone put us in the #1 pick situation. Once there, you take the most impactful player in the draft. For once, the Cardinals admitted their mistakes from last year & took the most exciting player in the draft. Bravo!!!

The bold is a lie. There were maybe five publications with Murray as the #1 prospect. Many had him outside of the Top-5 and some outside of the Top-10. And even entering the offseason, no one had him #1.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think he was even close to the consensus BPA in the draft. He was the consensus pick for the first to be drafted because the Cards had the first pick.

Don’t kid yourself. We committed to KM the day we hired KK. It was a package deal. Otherwise, KK wouldn’t be the AZ HC right now. The culture in AZ had to change & KM will bring a level of excitement that other NFL teams will salivate to have. Sit back & stop whining. This will be fun!!

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Don’t kid yourself. We committed to KM the day we hired KK. It was a package deal. Otherwise, KK wouldn’t be the AZ HC right now. The culture in AZ had to change & KM will bring a level of excitement that other NFL teams will salivate to have. Sit back & stop whining. This will be fun!!
Are you saying KK (a college coach with a losing record) wouldn't have jumped at one of only 32 NFL coaching jobs unless we did what he said? That's crazy talk.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Actually it was the right thing to do. You need a great qb to win in this league. I was all for trading down but, cards recognized wilks was the wrong guy and cut him loose without regards to financial impacts. Signed a high risk high reward coach and got him his dream qb to run the system.

If may be the best move the organization has made.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You want to see whining? Wait until week 9 and Bosa sacks Murray more than once. If we're 2-6 or worse going into that game then Bosa sacks Murray 3 times and we're blown out, the Civil War that will play out on this board will make the American Civil War look like a mild disagreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I have no issues with giving Kingsbury the QB he wanted. IF the Cardinals have passed on getting a 2nd round pick for Rosen, I think they made a big mistake. This team and it's QB needs talent. IF, and we will likely never know, we passed on the opportunity to get another lineman, TE, or WR because we didn't get ENOUGH value for Rosen, it is going to hurt the growth of this team.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If a level of excitement is back to back #1 picks, I guess so.

This franchise is about to be worse than its ever been. Insane ineptitude.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If a level of excitement is back to back #1 picks, I guess so.

This franchise is about to be worse than its ever been. Insane ineptitude.

I think the insanity you speak of has permeated your own being. You must have been living in a cave last football season. It’s not remotely possible to be worse than unwatchable, which is what we were. When all the rules favor the offense, we were still the most pitiful offense I had ever seen in my 55+ years as a Cardinal fan. Last season added a whole new dimension to the term “hitting rock bottom.”

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the insanity you speak of has permeated your own being. You must have been living in a cave last football season. It’s not remotely possible to be worse than unwatchable, which is what we were. When all the rules favor the offense, we were still the most pitiful offense I had ever seen in my 55+ years as a Cardinal fan. Last season added a whole new dimension to the term “hitting rock bottom.”
Agree, as a season ticket holder it was terrible going to the games last year. The most boring games I ever attended with the most pathetic offense. Gott to be better.

JD Robertson

Registered
Reaction score
I believe they knew they were taking Murray long ago. They should have been pimping out Rosen from then. Now we get a 2nd if we are lucky but looks like a 3rd. I do not have any faith in Keim getting a good deal for Rosen now.
I hope Murray works out and we are all happy for the next 10 years but as far as Keim is concerned he has failed this situation big time.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe they knew they were taking Murray long ago. They should have been pimping out Rosen from then. Now we get a 2nd if we are lucky but looks like a 3rd. I do not have any faith in Keim getting a good deal for Rosen now.
I hope Murray works out and we are all happy for the next 10 years but as far as Keim is concerned he has failed this situation big time.

It doesn't even appear that the Cardinals even want to trade Rosen just yet. And I'm fine with that. Haven't we paid a stiff penalty during the BA years when we didn't have an adequate backup when Palmer went down? A couple of those teams could have gone very deep into the playoffs. Rosen may not start, but at least allow him to develop under KK. Under KK's tutelage, Rosen's value would only increase. If a playoff type team loses their starting QB, then Rosen's value increases dramatically. If you get a great offer, you take it. But don't sell him for 60 cents on the dollar.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My wife on seeing Kyler Murray: "What is it, bring your kid to work day?".

She's not a sports fan at all. Just her initial observation. LOL

You did say she's not a sports fan. That pretty much explains her comment.

Reactions: TRW

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Rosen, but I'll root for the guys we have.

That said, if we don't trade Josh, I think we're making a mistake.

A HUGE mistake...so I expect Keim to keep Rosen out of stubbornness.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson