Most Likely Move

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I’m not trying to knock Rosen, but doesn’t this say something about what NFL teams think of him as an NFL QB when everyone knew Cards were probably trying to trade him?

If the Cards weren’t trying to deal him before the draft that’s a major mistake on them imo. Let’s hope we can get a #2 but I think we screwed ourselves

Hope he comes thru & has a long career because he was my #2 guy last year after Baker the Touchdown Maker. Hiring Kingsbury changed all that for me, damn you Michael

Buckybird

Reaction score
No he has got to go
Keeping him does zero to help this team going forward.

It would be plain idiotic to keep him as a backup to the #1 pick of the draft , whom we know is going to play at some point this season & probably from day 1

Buckybird

Reaction score
I’m guessing you mean source. My guy in Miami says they’re talking with the Cards. Cards wanted pick 13 for Rosen & 33. Miami said no. They're offering 48. No Cards decision yet.

I should add Pats called he thinks.
Take the 2nd & move on unless the Pats are giving up 32.

I think the longer we wait, the less we get! If the Cards knew all along the we’re drafting Murray & didn’t try hard to trade Rosen before the draft it was a colossal mistake!

Or is it more a reflection of what teams see in Rosen as a player?

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
From another team’s perspective, I don’t see giving a 2nd or 3rd for Rosen. Every other team has the leverage. Rosen has to be traded. I expect low ball offers until the Cardinals panic.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I can't think of a single poster who hasn't said that Keim needs to go for a QBOTF and waited too long. He makes the move and now he sucks for doing that.

The book isn't done on Rosen but unfortunately he has lost value because of how things turned out.

If Murray is what many here think he is and what KK and SK thinks he is then picking him and eating the cost on Rosen was more than worth it.

If they get him ANY kind of an offensive line that can pass block, he might be "THE ANSWER".

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And whose fault is that? Keim himself for criminally neglecting the position for YEARS.

This is what I get for being nice to Keim for last year's draft. He pissed all that good will away like a bunch of cheap, recycled beer.
Hey, it could’ve been worse. He could’ve taken an interior lineman from temple and put him at middle linebacker...

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the longer we wait, the less we get! If the Cards knew all along the we’re drafting Murray & didn’t try hard to trade Rosen before the draft it was a colossal mistake!
If they had "tried hard" to trade him, do you think they would've somehow got more for him? Should they have let everyone know they were desperate to get rid of him BEFORE the draft? Word was out and teams made contact. If they didn't offer a 1st rounder, they were at least waiting to see whether someone they liked more would fall to them. Apparently each QB-needy team did in fact like one of the rookies with their first rounders more than they liked Rosen. How would you have "tried hard" to convince them to take Rosen?!?

Best the Cardinals could've hoped for was that some team today would NOT have found the guy they were hoping for when their pick came up, and would've upped their offer. Obviously that didn't happen. If teams were only offering a 2nd rounder pre-draft, that option is still in play. Yet, Lock is still on the board.

...dbs

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Our best case scenario for getting any value for Rosen, will happen If/When 2-3 QB's blow out their knees in pre-season.

I bet we carry KM and JR into week one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose