Murray vs Rosen: best qb in preseason wins.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well - let’s see who outplays who - if we can’t get what we think he’s worth - then keep him - if josh don’t outplay Haskins then we just stack the wrongs in a pile and poop on it.

I really don’t think Josh Rosen is scared to compete with Kyler Murray - May the best man start.

Keims NFLN interview said just that - and mentioned attrition - because players get hurt - like Rosen was the reason we could take a risk on Murray - if he gets hurt we still have a QB[/QUOTE]

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If Kliff doesn’t rid of Rosen and tries to sell us that it’s a true QB competition, he’s a bigger fool than I thought

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
How so?

1969 NFL top 10:

You must be registered for see images attach

1970 NFL top 10:

You must be registered for see images attach
Thanks I was quoting a tweet that stated it had not happened since 1970 per elias still don't change the fact the is about the Dumbest decision I have seen since well Calvin Pace/Bryant Johnson fiasco

OP
OP
LuisRoc

LuisRoc

Reaction score
We're gonna rotate qbs every game so opposing teams don't know who to prepare for! So if teams prepare for Murray one week we will throw iin Rosen instead throwing opposing teams off.lol

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You also don't draft qbs back to back year in the top 10 and cards just did. Lol
Thanks I was quoting a tweet that stated it had not happened since 1970 per elias still don't change the fact the is about the Dumbest decision I have seen since well Calvin Pace/Bryant Johnson fiasco

It has technically only happened once in the last 50 years (1982) and that team (the Colts) had really poor luck.

Only times it has ever happened:

1989 - Cowboys drafted Troy Aikman in the regular NFL draft and then in the offseason supplemental draft they drafted Steve Walsh (28 teams in the league)

1982 - Colts drafted in actual consecutive years: Art Schlichter (suspended by the league for gambling after one season) and John Elway (who forced a trade to the Broncos)(27 teams in the league)

1962-1964 - Rams drafted Roman Gabriel, Terry Baker, and Bill Munson in three consecutive years (only 14 teams in the league)

1959-1962 - Redskins drafted Don Allard, Richie Lucas, and Norm Snead in three consecutive years (12-14 teams in the league)

1956-1957 - 49ers drafted Earl Morall and John Brodie in consecutive years (12 teams in league)

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
It has technically only happened once in the last 50 years (1982) and that team (the Colts) had really poor luck.

Only times it has ever happened:

1989 - Cowboys drafted Troy Aikman in the regular NFL draft and then in the offseason supplemental draft they drafted Steve Walsh (28 teams in the league)

1982 - Colts drafted in actual consecutive years: Art Schlichter (suspended by the league for gambling after one season) and John Elway (who forced a trade to the Broncos)(27 teams in the league)

1962-1964 - Rams drafted Roman Gabriel, Terry Baker, and Bill Munson in three consecutive years (only 14 teams in the league)

1959-1962 - Redskins drafted Don Allard, Richie Lucas, and Norm Snead in three consecutive years (12-14 teams in the league)

1956-1957 - 49ers drafted Earl Morall and John Brodie in consecutive years (12 teams in league)

some names from the past.What more interesting is that SF had YA Tittle,Earl Morrall and John Brodie on the roster at the same team in a era when rosters were only 33 I think.I think roster expanded to 37 in 1959 or 60 and then to 40 in 1961 or 62.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Murray better sleep at the facility because it will be awkward if Rosen is the first guy in and Murray still starts. Rosen is going to battle if he is left on the roster, and I don't see him "helping" Murray. Again, Murray has never won a QB competition in his college career. It may mean nothing, but it also could be a huge issue.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
no matter how Rosen performs Murray (if healthy) will be the starting QB. You don't spend the no. 1 pick on a player and then let him sit.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
no matter how Rosen performs Murray (if healthy) will be the starting QB. You don't spend the no. 1 pick on a player and then let him sit.

You would have probably said the same about a 10th pick. Who knows what Cards are going to do, they probably have delusions of grandeur thinking they are the Hoodie level genius or something.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I hope they keep both and the NFL makes them do hard knocks. Good lord that would be amazing.

I know they “can’t” because KK is a first year coach but still make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to see both in preseason.....if Rosen shows improvement, would increase his trade value. Teams often look for QB's because of training camp/preseason injuries.