If Murray Was Your Guy...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
...why in the ever-loving effing EFF wouldn't you trade Rosen BEFORE the pick? As soon as you make that pick, his value plummets through the floor. We traded up last year to trade BACK for 2nd or 3rd rounder this year...we HOPE!

I mean, love the Murray pick or hate the Murray pick, this is just head-scratching idiocy.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cards were never getting a first. Still lots of trade partners available. Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, Pats, Dolphins.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
...why in the ever-loving effing EFF wouldn't you trade Rosen BEFORE the pick? As soon as you make that pick, his value plummets through the floor. We traded up last year to trade BACK for 2nd or 3rd rounder this year...we HOPE!

I mean, love the Murray pick or hate the Murray pick, this is just head-scratching idiocy.

Bidwill, Keim, and Kliff now have a real problem on their hands. I am glad it’s not my problem to solve

AZCats

Veteran
Reaction score
Because this front office is made up of a bunch of morons. The fact that they even picked Murray is moronic. I now understand why the Cards are always the butt of NFL jokes.

Cards Keys to success
#1 Hire a bad coach with little experience
#2 Let that bad coach make one of t he most important moves in franchise history by letting him choose the draft pick.
#3 Pick a QB that has bust written all over him and get rid of what looked to be a promising QB who could never really show what he has got because of a pathetic team around him.

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We may as well not even had a first round pick last year.

No, we did might as well not had a draft pick this year. You still have not changed the problem that plagued Rosen and it will continue to plague whoever is the qb this year. no wr and virtually no OL

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
...which will only become 5th or 6th rounders now that we HAVE to trade him.

No, no the Cardinals certainly do not have to trade him.

This team fired a 1st year head coach, and replaced him with a sub-.500 college coach.

This team drafted a QB 1st overall, after giving up picks to draft a QB in the top 10 a year before.

Now, it is INSANE, that they keep two QB's ?

In my opinion it would be the most sensible thing this team has done in over a year.

You are not going to get a better QB to play/backup than Rosen, and you certainly can get good value from Rosen, later on.

When Murray gets hurt, you never know what Rosen will do in his place. There are plenty of examples throughout the league history of backups, or the "2nd QB" on a roster fetching good value.

Patience may be the key here.

It is not like the Cardinals are going anywhere higher than the basement of the NFC west and division this year anyway. Still have arguably the worst roster in the league, and I am sure Keim has his eye on the smallest stature, and smallest school prospect for number #33, and perhaps drafting a defensive tackle to play wide receiver in the third.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

two thoughts:

1. I think interested teams were better served waiting and letting the draft play out: maybe a QB they like would fall to them (see Wash Redskins).

2. The minute you even entertain offers, you are telling those teams that Murray is the pick. I dont think you conclude you are going to take Murray, but only if you can get a first rounder for Rosen.

Sometimes the market tells you something about value. I think the NFL is saying something about Rosen's perceived potential

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not at SD yet or NE but so far this is a good take

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Did you think Keim would win that end of the deal? Dude hoodwinked his damn self. He has zero leverage now in a deal.

From start to finish, Keim f**ked this up.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My assumption? Rosen was a desperate pick last year... They might have liked him... But nothing more..never fell in love with the pick. It was also a wilks era, so who knows how much influence he had... But I'm just glad they are realizing their faults and moving on..that's a dedicated owner for ya.. and thats my opinion

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
My assumption? Rosen was a desperate pick last year... They might have liked him... But nothing more..never fell in love with the pick. It was also a wilks era, so who knows how much influence he had... But I'm just glad they are realizing their faults and moving on..that's a dedicated owner for ya.. and thats my opinion

Then they are idiots, you trade up for a guy you don’t want? I’m not buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Rosen was the mistake, not Murray!
you don`t know how murray will play out.He could suck completely or just have a Flutie -like career...To me that would be a freaking mistake.Anything on Murray succeeding in the NFl is speculation and hope.