Game of Thrones (HBO)

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I think the majority of secondary characters will die with Jaime being the biggest. I also believe Dany will die this season. I think the dragons are the rightful owner of Jon which is the look the dragons were giving. It’s amazing how much really has to be done still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why Did Game of Thrones Turn on Daenerys Targaryen?

She used to be the Breaker of Chains, but now the show seems hell-bent on convincing us she’s unfit to rule

https://slate.trib.al/gsXwIml

I don’t get that vibe at all? She shouldn’t be ruling. How fit she is to do so isn’t being manipulated or questioned imo??

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Thursday - Saturday: NFL Draft
Friday: Avengers
Sunday: GOT Battle of Winterfell

Wife is gonna be pissed this weekend.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think the majority of secondary characters will die with Jaime being the biggest. I also believe Dany will die this season. I think the dragons are the rightful owner of Jon which is the look the dragons were giving. It’s amazing how much really has to be done still.

I have come to the point where I really dont want to see anyone else die off, lol.

the hound has been on a redemption arc...it has been built up for him to do something big.

I like Brienne...and lets not forget the current girl power trend...that may just keep her alive through it all.

Arya trained for years....and was given a valerian steel dagger for no apparent reason.

Being cercies next of kin makes Jaimie the next in line for the iron throne....fair chance he may be the "prince who was promised"

Tormund Giantsbane...just love the guy....and he is the last relevant wildling

Samwell Tarly is just the affable sidekick...similar to Hodor...they already killed one of those

Jorah Mormont....I can see him sacrificing himself to save Dany in his final expression of love.

Grey Worm made the critical mistake of making plans for when its all over

little lady mormont...tough little chick,.. the girl power movement could save her I guess but one has to seriously question if a ten year old girl with limited training can survive overwhelming odds against an army of the dead.

Bran Stark has to survive, he is the memory of the seven kingdoms...unless everybody dies, Bran will live

Sansa Stark.... has grown immensely...but she could die, leaving arya to be lady stark...who may then marry the bastard of Baratheon I guess, lol. but the headbutting with dany leads me to believe the girl power thing is going to keep her alive as well.

Tyrion Lannister....would just break my heart if they killed him off, lol.

pretty sure the last of the nights watch will die off this week though.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
But that doesn't leave Jamie "in line" for the throne. If she dies/is overthrown (when, really), no one, not even Jamie, will want Jamie on the throne.
not saying he wants it...just that being next of kin would make it his right... just like how Tommen succeeded Joffrey.... that would technically make him a prince...so he could be the prince who was promised.
its either him, Jon,...or Gendry...how many princes do we have left?

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
not saying he wants it...just that being next of kin would make it his right... just like how Tommen succeeded Joffrey.... that would technically make him a prince...so he could be the prince who was promised.
its either him, Jon,...or Gendry...how many princes do we have left?

Valyrian is non-gender specific, so "prince" can also mean "princess" (Dany). Also, if, by your definition Jamie is a prince, so is Tyrion. Dornish custom calls their leaders "Prince", so if any of that bloodline is kicking around, that might fit the bill. So basically there are as many potential princes ready to take the Iron Throne as there were back when the Baratheon Bros and Robb Stark were still alive. Has this show made any headway at all? :)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Valyrian is non-gender specific, so "prince" can also mean "princess" (Dany). Also, if, by your definition Jamie is a prince, so is Tyrion. Dornish custom calls their leaders "Prince", so if any of that bloodline is kicking around, that might fit the bill. So basically there are as many potential princes ready to take the Iron Throne as there were back when the Baratheon Bros and Robb Stark were still alive. Has this show made any headway at all? :)

:lol:

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Heard somewhere that the latest episode was the first since season 4 that nobody died. Saving them up for next week I suppose.

Also heard that GRRM kinda considers Sam to be his avatar in the story. Doubt he kills himself off if true. Who lives to document the story otherwise?

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A MILITARY OFFICER DISSECTS JON SNOW'S BATTLE STRATEGY (AND FINDS IT LACKING)

In the second episode of the final season of Game of Thrones, “A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms,” winter has come, and with it, an army the undead. Jon Snow has devised a battle plan to defend Winterfell, and ultimately the realms of men. So what does a U.S. military officer have to say about these best-laid plans?

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/a-mili...on-snows-battle-strategy-and-finds-it-lacking

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong it was amazing am I the only one who thought it was going to be much bigger. I know I’m prob on an island here. Just thought there would be of an explanation.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong it was amazing am I the only one who thought it was going to be much bigger. I know I’m prob on an island here. Just thought there would be of an explanation.

You're not alone, I was pretty underwhelmed with the climax.

not sure if it would be considered a spoiler, but I felt the battle montage with the music overlay towards end was real ham-fisted and dragged way too long

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
You're not alone, I was pretty underwhelmed with the climax.

not sure if it would be considered a spoiler, but I felt the battle montage with the music overlay towards end was real ham-fisted and dragged way too long

Ditto. It was a great episode, a great battle. However, underwhelmed at the ending. Was expecting a more shocking death and ending to that story arc.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ditto. It was a great episode, a great battle. However, underwhelmed at the ending. Was expecting a more shocking death and ending to that story arc.
Man I don’t agree.

Mind blown.

I love that it was Arya and kinda figured it would be (I know easy to try to seem so smart now, but I just figured her whole arc would lead her there). But I as a bit disappointed that we never actually saw the white walkers fight. That whole group, and even the night king, don’t really fight - okay night king a little, That was biggest disappointment to me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How awesome would the end of that episode have been if Bran stood up and just yelled "Yo... you just got BRANNED!"

Seriously... someone needs to kill Bran... yesterday.

Calling my shot - Tyrion and Sansa end up King and Queen of the Iron Throne, uniting the West and North after the war is over. When the season first started, I thought it would be Tyrion, but halfway through episode 2, I came to realize something about Sansa. She's literally learned the Game Of Thrones by watching and being part of every family fighting it... the Lannisters, Starks, Boltons, had Littlefinger by her side. Then tonight watching them together, all of a sudden it was like... you put chocolate in my peanut butter! no... you peanut butter in my chocolate! And BOOM! Sansa and Tyrion make the perfect Reese's Peanut Butter cup.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Holy crap that was an awesome episode!

Do we know if the second dragon died? Never saw him go down.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Man I don’t agree.

Mind blown.

I love that it was Arya and kinda figured it would be (I know easy to try to seem so smart now, but I just figured her whole arc would lead her there). But I as a bit disappointed that we never actually saw the white walkers fight. That whole group, and even the night king, don’t really fight - okay night king a little, That was biggest disappointment to me.

Yeah, that’s the thing though. Didn’t you see that coming from a mile away? Where was the twist that GoT used to be known for? I love that character but the Night King was supposed to be the biggest badass around. I expected more I guess.

Great episode, though. Don’t get me wrong. I’m just underwhelmed with how they ended that storyline.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Really freaking cool episode. Only two real complaints from me, one of which is spoiler-ish:

1: Waaaaaay too dark. What is it with TV and movie directors deciding to make things "real" by making them hard to see and hard to hear? Shaky cam, dark screen, muffling the sound when people are under water/wearing helmets. WE NEED TO SEE AND HEAR ALL THE THINGS, PEOPLE! lol

2:
Not enough big names died. Figured Jamie and Tyrion would live for the Bronn "showdown". Some serious feels with Jorah's death. Other deaths were good. Just way too unbelievable that most of the big names made it. Too Dungeons & Dragons "high-level characters" for me.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was good but about 15 minutes too long....