CBS's Snyder: Dbacks should sell aggresively

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
CBS’s Snyder: D-backs should sell aggressively
The Snakes just went 4-2 on a trip to visit the Braves and Cubs and have won five of seven. Christian Walker is doing an amazing job in replacing Paul Goldschmidt and the offense as a whole has been very good. The pitching overall should be much better and it probably does get better. By the same token, the offense probably then comes back to Earth. The upside is flirting with .500. It took them winning five of seven just to get there at present. They now head to Pittsburgh for four before hosting the Cubs for three games and Yankees for two. After that it's three in Colorado and three in Tampa Bay before four at home against the Braves and three against the Pirates. My hunch is things get ugly in this stretch. SELL (AGGRESSIVELY).

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...irates-and-other-early-season-surprise-teams/

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In reading the article, he wasn't saying the Diamondbacks should be sellers. The buy, sell or hold was used to state whether he thinks each team he reviewed would continue to be a surprise. By saying sell aggressively, he's saying that they are really overachieving and will come back down to earth quickly. That was before they took 3 of the first 3 from the Pirates so he's not looking good so far.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Sell who?

Greinke? Ok
Peralta? Nope
Good point Jon. Yeah, Greinke's contract is tough to absorb but no one else is making over 7 mil a year and we are 1/2 game behind the Doyer's who have 7 players at 17+ mil. We don't need to sell anyone else.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Screw that. Dont sell anyone until your out of contention.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
But MLB Network insider Jon Heyman told Radio.com’s “Big Time Baseball” that neither pitcher could be on the move this year. Per WIP:

"From what I hear, Greinke loves it in Arizona. He also has a limited no-trade clause, I’m sure that he was very smart about the teams that he put on that ... It is just time to consider a trade for Bumgarner, I’m just not sure they’re going to be able to do it. A half year for Bumgarner - even if it’s going to include October, because presumably it’s a playoff team that goes for him and he’s fantastic in October - I’m not sure you’re going to get that huge prospect that’s going to blow away the fans and excite them ... Even though there’s going to be a lot of talk about Bumgarner and Greinke, I’m going to bet right now that both of them stay where they are.”
https://www.nj.com/yankees/2019/05/...diamondbacks-zack-greinke-off-the-market.html

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We'll never be able to compete with the big market unlimited budget teams, if we sell off all our good players every time we have a non-championship caliber season. Starting over every three years isn't a realistic path to winning or building a large and loyal fan base.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson